Pickup Compliance Time...

brownrodster

Our product is service--that is all we can sell and for a long time we were the best at it but, I do agree, we need to return our focus to customer service.

This pickup compliance is UPS' attempt at a return to customer service in a number driven environment. This is the only way UPS can quantify customer service.

We need a stat to post so some suit can look at a computer and feel proud that we serviced the customer even if that stat does in no way reflect reality.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve, it does sound as though they are taking advantage of the new kid. Stick to your guns but in a nice way but by no means hang around for 15 minutes--if you can go and complete those other pickups and still be back before they close that is what I would do.

Yeah, that sounds like the best approach. It is just foul knowing that the 7-8 pickups between 4 and 4:30 are impossible to hit because of one stop that has variable pickup times yet wants you to NOT vary at all.

tourists24

On area is just that, you get it when you get there. I pick up the pkgs when I can, whether that is +15- or whnever. No one is complaining except the people looking at the computer printout.
there lies my problem Steve.... my sups are getting reamed because of the reports so I HAVE to make commit times, no matter how stupid it is... I asked about on area pickups and was told that there is still a scheduled time that counts on the %. So I simply work as instructed, take an extra hour of overtime and have a lot of angry customers. As I call "turn the brain off and be a robot"

Bimster

They are doing this at are ctr also. We also got a new diad update to go along with it to warn you of pending pickups to start. They can also send you information on a misload that another driver has. They are making this job harder then it has to be ! You would think they would worry more about the deliveries they are messing up when they add and cut runs which makes companies get pkgs in the morning one day and in the afternoon the next! They really like that ! I guess mngt is running out of things to complain about !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
They are doing this at are ctr also. We also got a new diad update to go along with it to warn you of pending pickups to start. They can also send you information on a misload that another driver has. They are making this job harder then it has to be ! You would think they would worry more about the deliveries they are messing up when they add and cut runs which makes companies get pkgs in the morning one day and in the afternoon the next! They really like that ! I guess mngt is running out of things to complain about !
Nah, I still work here.:wink2: