Pit Bulls Allegedly Kill Woman

vantexan

I agree that certain breeds are not all bad. But a responsible breeder and owner should know a breed's temperament and raise/ train accordingly. Some breeds do require extra handling/ training and socializing to be well adjusted with no agre4sion issues
Problem is socializing owners. Too many want badass dogs.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well break out the torches and pitchforks and hunt down Mimi, the Franken poodle!
I wouldn't give you a nickel for every poodle in the world. 3 times I had to get tetnus shots and every one of them was from damn poodles. When it comes right down to it the only dogs I really like are black labs. My neighbor has one who brings his ball down to my place and we play fetch for awhile--then he goes home where he is fed and taken care of. Now that is a PERFECT dog.

vantexan

I wouldn't give you a nickel for every poodle in the world. 3 times I had to get tetnus shots and every one of them was from damn poodles. When it comes right down to it the only dogs I really like are black labs. My neighbor has one who brings his ball down to my place and we play fetch for awhile--then he goes home where he is fed and taken care of. Now that is a PERFECT dog.
I used to have a Red Heeler. Loved that dog. He lived for chasing his tennis ball. Super smart. But would I get another one? Amazing how much he shed. At this point in my life what I really want is a non shedding couch potato. Or two.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've had friends attacked by "very friendly" dogs.
They were just walking pass a house when as the owners were returning and the animal ran out as the front door was opened.
The owners were slow at retrieving the animal as my friends were being attacked.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to have a Red Heeler. Loved that dog. He lived for chasing his tennis ball. Super smart. But would I get another one? Amazing how much he shed. At this point in my life what I really want is a non shedding couch potato. Or two.
My wife grew up on a farm and for some reason really don't care for animals that much ---so we have no pets (which is fine with me). Whenever we go anywhere that they have pets guess who the pets hang around and its not me.

vantexan

My wife grew up on a farm and for some reason really don't care for animals that much ---so we have no pets (which is fine with me). Whenever we go anywhere that they have pets guess who the pets hang around and its not me.
Giving off a vibe?

vantexan

Why is the breed the choice of bangers?
Let's not play games.
How many punks like yourself do you know that have a beagle or would want one?
I had a job.
I've dealt with your type, or the type you portray or wish you were.
You are chicken :poop: buster, your type made a lot of money for me.
Try selling your line of :bsbullf: elsewhere.
I did a lot of rural routes over the years and most pits I saw were owned by rednecks. I've seen the guard dog type, and I've seen even more who wagged their tails like crazy. They aren't all alike.

floridays

I agree in part, poodles can be bitches.
My mom had one, they can be temperamental.
What do you think of the Blue Tick hound?

floridays

I did a lot of rural routes over the years and most pits I saw were owned by rednecks. I've seen the guard dog type, and I've seen even more who wagged their tails like crazy. They aren't all alike.
I'm sure @MAKAVELI will like you calling his crew redneck.
That joke aside, why do the rednecks have them?

I never said they aren't all alike. I will say there is a bloodline, owner beware.

floridays

To the original post, as far as I know, or have read, the woman hasn't died yet.
Two babies have however.
According to reports it was at their grandparents house.

vantexan

Afraid to take a stand. Kinda nutless.
I don't give one rats ass how someone responded to a dog.
I give a :poop: how a dog reacts to a person.
You're making it clear your mind is made up about pits and can't be told any different. I just know from my experience and countless others I've seen online that pitbulls aren't explosive devices waiting to go off. Makaveli listed quite a few breeds that are known for their size, strength, and fighting ability. Some look like oversized pits and I'm guessing most people would assume that's what they are. That one breed, the Kangal, has wolf like size and has been known to fight off bears and wolves while protecting livestock. Dogs bred for specific tasks, like fighting, tend to be on the aggressive side. But there's more to it than just that.

floridays

The dogs were euthanized, they would have died a miserable death if I had my way, whether or not they were true to their nature.
The grandparents and mom, should she survive, will have to live with it.
I'd guess it is doubtful if they ever own a pit or pit's again.

floridays

You're making it clear your mind is made up about pits and can't be told any different. I just know from my experience and countless others I've seen online that pitbulls aren't explosive devices waiting to go off. Makaveli listed quite a few breeds that are known for their size, strength, and fighting ability. Some look like oversized pits and I'm guessing most people would assume that's what they are. That one breed, the Kangal, has wolf like size and has been known to fight off bears and wolves while protecting livestock. Dogs bred for specific tasks, like fighting, tend to be on the aggressive side. But there's more to it than just that.
Tell that to the children that died.
Beyond that, you did not answer my question.
I'll ask in a different way.
Will you be willing walk into a yard with two pit's to deliver a package?
Will you be willingly walk into a yard with two basset hounds?
Will you be willingly walk into a yard with two goldens or labs?
All :bsbullf: aside we know where the greatest risk is.
Talk forever, two pits in a yard, prove it with your action.

Last edited:

floridays

Taken from news 3 WREG Memphis, read this see if it sounds like the general leftist puke when applied to general lawbreakers or those that take the lives of the innocent.

“At Memphis Animal Services, we stopped using breed labels for both dogs and cats in 2016 because science tells us that visual identification of breed is highly unreliable. Dogs are individuals, and we believe they should be evaluated and treated as such. Genetics are important, but breed is a small part of genetics, and breed does not determine behavior. A recent study that sequenced the DNA of more than 2000 purebred and mixed-breed dogs found that “dog breed is generally a poor predictor of individual behavior and should not be used to inform decisions relating to the selection of a pet dog,” said Marketing & Communications Supervisor Katie Pemberton.”

As in everything else in life, "keep your head on a swivel, watch your six."

I apologize for being the :censored2: I am.
At times it has served me well, at other's it may have been to my detriment for the time being.
I can and have lived with that and the consequences.

vantexan

Tell that to the children that died.
Beyond that, you did not answer my question.
I'll ask in a different way.
Will you be willing walk into a yard with two pit's to deliver a package?
Will you be willingly walk into a yard with two basset hounds?
Will you be willingly walk into a yard with two goldens or labs?
All :bsbullf: aside we know where the greatest risk is.
Talk forever, two pits in a yard, prove it with your action.
You apparently didn't read my earlier post. I went into a yard with four very large male pitbulls, at least 90 lbs of muscle each. Each chained strategically to cover the yard. I started talking to them the moment I saw them to get a gauge on their character. Avoided one, petted the other three. They ate it up, and not violently lol. The owner was shocked when he saw me at the door. I've been bitten several times over the years. None were pits. I've certainly seen pits behind fences I wouldn't go near.

One time in New Mexico the recipient didn't respond to the doorbell. Thought I heard something in the backyard so walked around. Was a pitbull on a massive chain. Guessing it was because of the chain but he was the most muscular dog I've ever seen. Something about his demeanor told me he was ok so I walked over to him. As I approached he put his face down between his paws and wagged his little tail hard. I stood there for several minutes scratching his ears and talking sweetly to him. He acted like it was the best thing that ever happened to him. Got all sad when I left. It broke my heart to see a dog that great spend his days on that chain.

You guys like to say things like coward and no nuts, etc. While you're ascribing that to me I just go do things that you would never do. Like travel overseas or approach fierce looking dogs. It's easy to say places or dogs or whatever are too dangerous. How do you know if what you're basing it on is hearsay or rare attacks? I hate that those little babies got killed. That their mother got mauled. Absolutely terrible. But I don't know what had happened to that dog in the past that triggered him. There may be more to the story although no excuses for what happened. I'm certainly not going to want millions of dogs outlawed or destroyed because of a relative handful of tragic events.