Pit Bulls Allegedly Kill Woman

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
People always defend these dogs, but again and again, we hear these stories. I think irresponsible breeders have ruined these dogs.

vantexan

Was delivering to a mobile home out in the country years ago when a huge, maybe 130lbs, mixed breed dog came out from under home snarling at me, looking like he was about to charge me. Out of nowhere a pitbull half his size got between me and him and drove him off. Then came back to me wagging his tail. I've met a lot more friendly ones over the years than unfriendly. It's unfortunate that some owners train their pits to be aggressive as many are total sweethearts. The problem is that they are so powerfully built with such strong jaws they can do a terrible amount of damage quickly. Get two or three aggressive ones on you and you're in serious trouble. But it's unfair to the good ones to believe that they'd harm you just because they're pits.

oldngray

nowhere special
Was delivering to a mobile home out in the country years ago when a huge, maybe 130lbs, mixed breed dog came out from under home snarling at me, looking like he was about to charge me. Out of nowhere a pitbull half his size got between me and him and drove him off. Then came back to me wagging his tail. I've met a lot more friendly ones over the years than unfriendly. It's unfortunate that some owners train their pits to be aggressive as many are total sweethearts. The problem is that they are so powerfully built with such strong jaws they can do a terrible amount of damage quickly. Get two or three aggressive ones on you and you're in serious trouble. But it's unfair to the good ones to believe that they'd harm you just because they're pits.

A lot is how they are raised. They are naturally aggressive and defend their families. Add to that the irresponsible breeding that created a lot of unstable inbred dogs that were walking time bombs and you have a problem.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I wuv most doggies... even tough I have been bitten 3 x over the years (owners had rabies vaccine records, whew)

Pits, I stay away...no matter their upbringing.
One was a pit-lab mix... the owner called him "tank"
giphy.gif

Dobermans and German shepherds are close 2nd...

Some labra-doodles are temperamental from my experience

Ankle biters - my only concern is running them over or inadvertently punting them over the fence

RiP to the poor lady...

vantexan

A lot is how they are raised. They are naturally aggressive and defend their families. Add to that the irresponsible breeding that created a lot of unstable inbred dogs that were walking time bombs and you have a problem.
There has to be hundreds of thousands of pit bulls in the country. Maybe millions. Let a tragedy like this happen and suddenly they're all ticking time bombs.

I went to this house in Texas in the bad area of that town. Guy had 4 huge pit bulls on chains strategically around his yard. One of them I could tell I needed to keep my distance from, but I petted and talked to the others. They acted like it was the best thing ever happened to them. Went to front door, bare chested black guy with what looked like prison tattoos looked at me in shock. As I was leaving he said "Mr., I just want to know one thing. How the hell did you get past my dogs?" I smiled and said I get along real well with dogs. He just looked puzzled, snorted. Some dogs really are too far gone with the abuse and training. But most dogs just want to be loved, even pit bulls.

Last edited:

vantexan

There has to be hundreds of thousands of pit bulls in the country. Maybe millions. Let a tragedy like this happen and suddenly they're all ticking time bombs.

I went to this house in Texas in the bad area of that town. Guy had 4 huge pit bulls on chains strategically around his yard. One of them I could tell I needed to keep my distance from, but I petted and talked to the others. They acted like it was the best thing ever happened to them. Went to front door, bare chested black guy with what looked like prison tattoos looked at me in shock. As I was leaving he said "Mr., I just want to know one thing. How the hell did you get past my dogs?" I smiled and said I get along real well with dogs. He just looked puzzled, snorted. Some dogs really are too far gone with the abuse and training. But most dogs just want to be loved, even pit bulls.
Googled it...estimated 3-5 million pit bulls in the U.S., and about a million are euthanized every year.

Indecisi0n

He probably shot those dogs after you left.

MAKAVELI

Pitbulls are not the most dangerous dog breed but get the most attention because of how many are used as fighting dogs. Most that attack are due to irresponsible owners and breeders. The dog gets a bad rap when there are much more dangerous breeds.

MAKAVELI

I think the problem with them is a previously nice pit might “turn” unexpectedly and it never ends well.
That can happen with any dog. Pits are very strong and can inflict a lot of damage for their size. As someo pointed out there very popular breed and there is a lot of them in the US. And like I said those dogs that turn on somebody is mainly is do to irresponsible breeding and owners.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

You only hear about all their dog bites because when they bite there's normally a lot of damage due to their strength. When small dogs bite no one cares and shrug it off. So should we ban all "strong" dogs? Pits , Rottweiler, German Shepherd etc

wilberforce15

The only thing worse than these dogs is the owners.

I carry pit bull spray on all my walks.
(REI had it labeled as bear spray).

That's because if I carry a gun and kill one that is killing my wife or kid, the owner will come out and want to kill me.

WHY YOU HURT MY BABY HE DINDU NUFFIN!@?!