pkg car driver pet peeves

lawnj315

How about, "Ohh, my nephew works for UPS somewhere. His name is _____. Do you know him?"

That's like saying, "Ohh, my nephew lives in Texas too. His name is _____. Do you know him?"

or "Ohh, my Husband was in the Air Force in 1983 also. Do you know_____?"

Seriously, what are the odds of me knowing someone in the company from some random location in the US??

lawnj315

Being an EAM driver I get to hear a few good ones. some of my favorites"

"Man, you guys are early today"

"Where's __________?"

"We don't open until 9:00. If you deliver here again could you remember that?" (also along those lines are the 8:30 commit EAM's the have "Earliest possible delivery time 9:00" as a note at the bottom of the label)

"Is that all you have for me today?"

Or when I'm working on Saturday........

"Making the big bucks today huh?"

"You guys work Saturdays?"

"Must suck not having any doors on that truck......."

Even better - 8:00AM commit time, but on the bottom of the label "Earliest Delivery Time 11:30".

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
How about, "Ohh, my nephew works for UPS somewhere. His name is _____. Do you know him?"

That's like saying, "Ohh, my nephew lives in Texas too. His name is _____. Do you know him?"

or "Ohh, my Husband was in the Air Force in 1983 also. Do you know_____?"

Seriously, what are the odds of me knowing someone in the company from some random location in the US??

:thumbup1:

under the radar

A Trained Professional
Here's one I ran into last week and forgot about. How about when it's raining, the signature screen on diad IV is wet and customer tries to wipe off the water with their finger only to find a jumbled mess on the screen when they go to sign. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

old levi's

blank space
Here's one I ran into last week and forgot about. How about when it's raining, the signature screen on diad IV is wet and customer tries to wipe off the water with their finger only to find a jumbled mess on the screen when they go to sign. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

And then they ask " Can you erase that? " No, just sign right over the top of it.

Female customer: Do you have a package for me?

Driver: Yes I do and I have this box here for you also.

Better know your customer well when you throw that one out.

old levi's

blank space
The Famous Last Words Just Before Their Dog Sinks His Teeth Into Your Thigh......"don't Worry, He Won't Bite".....

And What's With Dogs Heading Straight To Your Crotch For A Sniff?? Hard To Hold Off Dog With Pkgs In Your Hands..

Or they say " My dog doesn't bite."

To which I reply " Well this must not be your dog, because he just bit the crap out of me!"

My pet peeve is the when ask about the 32000 uniforms that were stolen around 911. It's still makes the email circles. I reply go to snopes.com and type in ups uniforms in the search window....

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I tell the customer, " Don't be so stupid and shallow like all the other people on my area. That is an urban legend!."

Last edited:

browniehound

I don't even know where to begin on the driver pet peeves, so I'll just tell you what really gets under my skin. Its the dorks that say "is it ticking?" I mean, how many times did you get beat up in Jr high? I don't know about anyone else, but i never had some hot secretary say "is it ticking?", its always some pencil necked geek who thinks he's a freaking comedian.

Also, the usual "Is it hot enough for yaaa" really irks me too. Or people wo ask if its raining out, snowing, are we getting snow, or how much snow? I'm not a meterologist. If I was, I'd be on TV and not delivering bundles. Look out your freaking window lady and don't bother me with your assinine questions.

upsdude

I love walking into a place and hearing, “You’re Late!”. I usually respond with, yep, sure am, hope I’m not pregnant.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
HOW ABOUT THIS CLASSIC FROM A GUY GETTING AN AIRLINE TICKET N.D.A LETTER ! 'HOW DO I KNOW THAT U.P.S WON'T CAPTURE AND STEAL MY SIGNATURE ON THAT THING AND SELL IT TO OTHER AGENCIES,I'LL ONLY SIGN IF YOU GIVE ME PAPER!!!! I SAID NO, TOLD HIM TO SIGN OR IT GOES BACK TO CNTR FOR PM P/UP HE WAS OUTRAGED CALLED COPS ON ME AND SAID I REFUSED TO GIVE HIM HIS PLANE TIX,CALLED CENTER & EXPLAINED SITUATION,CANT BELIEVE THEY STOOD BY ME AND TOLD TO BRING IT BACK!!!! UPS GUY 1 maroon NOTHING HA HA!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
HOW ABOUT THIS CLASSIC FROM A GUY GETTING AN AIRLINE TICKET N.D.A LETTER ! 'HOW DO I KNOW THAT U.P.S WON'T CAPTURE AND STEAL MY SIGNATURE ON THAT THING AND SELL IT TO OTHER AGENCIES,I'LL ONLY SIGN IF YOU GIVE ME PAPER!!!! I SAID NO, TOLD HIM TO SIGN OR IT GOES BACK TO CNTR FOR PM P/UP HE WAS OUTRAGED CALLED COPS ON ME AND SAID I REFUSED TO GIVE HIM HIS PLANE TIX,CALLED CENTER & EXPLAINED SITUATION,CANT BELIEVE THEY STOOD BY ME AND TOLD TO BRING IT BACK!!!! UPS GUY 1 maroon NOTHING HA HA!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

That is amazing!