Playing Hot Potato with Ground Packages

FedGT

Rural route, I'm a ground guy and can't stand when express people take ground packages from a stop. Here I am with a pick up list telling me to go to that location to pick up a package only to be told that the express person picked it up. Now I wasted my time AND didn't get paid for picking it up. That's how we get paid.

Completely agree. Just one of my routes normally 5 times a week has this problem. One it is a massive time waste when you take into account full months or full year and yes I will complain about that dollar because it turns out to be closer to $5-$10 on the week then times that by 7-9 other routes. You are stealing from me, It is irritating, customer can't track it, wasting my drivers time, and if you lose the package guess who has to waste more time talking to CPC and management about where the package is even though it was coded "express already picked up".

overflowed

Don't worry most couriers I know leave ground to rot in drop boxes or docks forever. We really don't care to do the work you guys drivers can't or just don't want to. Pay them better they will pick up all the :censored2: they pass by on a regular basis. JMO.

FedGT

Don't worry most couriers I know leave ground to rot in drop boxes or docks forever. We really don't care to do the work you guys drivers can't or just don't want to. Pay them better they will pick up all the :censored2: they pass by on a regular basis. JMO.

Well the fact that I'm growing between 10-15% a year dictates that we pickup pretty well. If no one schedules anything and I don't have a delivery I won't lose sleep over not picking up certain boxes that I don't know are there. I'm sure you pick up everything at every building in your area if there is no call in and you don't have a delivery there, purple promise brother

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I wouldn't so much as even take a second glance at a Ground package without uttering the phrase, "should have shipped UPS then".

Total waste of Courier time.

Sparky

Or figure out how to schedule a ground pickup.
tumblr_lwhcchZYDv1qdetkro1_500.jpg

It will be fine

How much does an express driver lose if they miss a pickup?
My drivers lose $400. If it's scheduled it gets picked up.
You guys know this happens all the time the other way around too. I've got daily pickups that have express saver returns sitting for days.

Sparky

How much does an express driver lose if they miss a pickup?
My drivers lose $400. If it's scheduled it gets picked up.
You guys know this happens all the time the other way around too. I've got daily pickups that have express saver returns sitting for days.
Haaaa I've heard so many customers tell me they got on the phone with FedEx and told them they have ground packages and the ground guy still doesn't show up. Maybe where you are they are on their game but out here they truly live up to the stereotype of criminals and idiots. There was the one time someone threw a ground powerpad in my truck thinking FedEx is FedEx, I tried to send a message on there and they finally got back to me after about 5 hours asking about the power pad.

MaineGroundDriver

I've seen it all in my 5 years on the road for Ground. I don't know how many times we have a PU listing that turns out to be an Express pkg. I code it as zero package/Express. One day, CPC messages me demanding I go back to the stop because it is indeed a Ground pkg. I write back, no, I had the pkg in my hand, it has airbill on it, not Ground.

When I was new, I would "help" Express out when shippers asked me to take Express for them bc it's been here "a few days" .. the Express mgr always just took them from me, no big deal .. one day I'm scolded by Express manager for "taking a scheduled pickup from one of my drivers" , ok lesson learned, I stopped taking Express .. about a month later, same thing happens in reverse. Express driver picks up one of my scheduled pickups, I get to the stop and "Oh that girl yesterday took that" .. I go to the Express terminal for my PU from their shipping center and ask the manager "Hey did one of your drivers pick up one of my pkg from _______?" .. "Nope, I don't think so" .. I start scanning my PU pkg onto my van and come across said package, "Here's the pkg in question, can you ask your drivers not to do that in the future?" ... "Oh, I don't think any of my drivers did that" .. LOL