Pleasant surprise at Pharmacy

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I got a letter from the Teamsters telling me not to use Walgreens. Walgreens terminated its package delivery contract with UPS .

That would be welcome news if I were still a split driver and covering a route that has a Walgreens. They took forever to answer their receiving door, then you had to wait another 5 minutes for the manager, then they have the gall to tell me "you HAVE to go to pharmacy to pick something up". I'm all like
fiddy-bert-GIF.gif

ManInBrown

How are you filling it at a retail location if it's a maintenance medication? The new plan calls for all maintenance meds to be filled thru mail or after the second time it's 50% cost of the med

Since you go to walgreens, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go up in next couple months. For maintenance drugs, you get a couple months at $5, then goes to 20% I think. Go to mail order with Caremark and itwwill be free. Even better.

This is very important - $5 for two months, third month gets very expensive. Get doc to call in/write a new RX for 90 day supply. You can use mail order or use a CVS pharmacy for the mail order benefit without waiting on the mail.

My wife has a couple of maintenance drugs that previously were $200 copay for a 90 day supply by mail. This month when she picked them up they were free.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My wife has a prescription she's been on for 10 years. Each month it's $74.75. I went to pick it up yesterday and it was $5. I checked and double checked that it was the right stuff, and it was indeed. I hope this is an unexpected improvement from the Healthcare changes. I guess I'll find out next month when i see if it's 5 bucks again or the regular $74.75 again.
I'm still pretty skeptical that the Walgreen's just made an error in my favor.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why do you hate the Union?
You are just a Hoffa **** sucker.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Same thing. CVS is caremark, so they will honor the mail price.
I just walked out of CVS with 400+ dollars of drugs for free. That's right, nada,nothing, the big zero.....

40 and out

I guess I had it good here. Filled hundreds of prescriptions over the years and paid NOTHING. UPS plan-so Teamcare is worse at least for prescriptions. Doctors cost $10 instead of 20% of Aetna negotiated rate so so far Teamcare has cost about the same.

UPSGUY72

In my area are health care has always been through the union and if we get maintenance medication we get them through express script it cheaper like 3 months for the price of two at a regular pharmacy.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
My wife has a prescription she's been on for 10 years. Each month it's $74.75. I went to pick it up yesterday and it was $5. I checked and double checked that it was the right stuff, and it was indeed. I hope this is an unexpected improvement from the Healthcare changes. I guess I'll find out next month when i see if it's 5 bucks again or the regular $74.75 again.
I'm still pretty skeptical that the Walgreen's just made an error in my favor.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Gall dang free TeamCare, ruining people's lives and what not.

Next thing ya know, they're gonna be expecting you to show up and punch in at least once a week.

Sent using a Potato

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Gall dang free TeamCare, ruining people's lives and what not.

Next thing ya know, they're gonna be expecting you to show up and punch in at least once a week.

Sent using a Potato
Whoa whoa, you mean I can't take 4-5 weeks of no pays and show up once a month to do safety time for 10 mins and keep my benifits?

gorilla75jdw

I to have a couple of prescription meds that are now five bucks or even free . I also had to do a double and triple check as to why they were not the usual 150$ .

Sent using BrownCafe App