Please clarify the wage increase for me.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Insurance after a year? I made book in June and it was 8 consecutive working weeks for benefits. Thank god it wasn't a year.

Central Supplement

ARTICLE 14-HEALTH & WELFARE

AND PENSIONS

(c) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in this

Supplement or any Rider or Addendum, individual health coverage

will be made available to part-time employees hired

after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12) months of active

employment and (ii) spousal or dependant coverage will also

be made available to these part-time employees twelve (12) months

after their initial date of employment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My god those are pathetic increases.

I agree that the raises during the first two years are relatively small but the bump at the third year ($4/hr) and especially the bump to top rate after the fourth year ($10-11/hr) makes the long wait that much more worthwhile.

Our mall driver just completed his 3 year progression. He and his wife lived very comfortably during progression so the jump to top rate will allow them to save even more for their future.

UPSGUY72

Those pathetic increases pay the raises for all the current full timers. If we want more $/hr in the next contract they'll increase progession again. I'll gladly take a freeze and bring it back to one or two years.

That will never happen. Even if it was a possibility most drivers including me aren't going decline a pay raise to shorten the progression for new drivers. If we declined a pay raise this contract to shorten the progression it would mean the lost of more than $22,000 over the life of the contract if a driver only work 2000 a year. Than the lose of about $7800 a year for every year after that based on a 2000 hour work year. Since we know most driver work well over 2000 hour a year those number would be larger closer to $35,000 over the life the contract and closer to $11,000 every year after that.

You never give up a pay raise.

Last edited:

Delivery!!!

Insurance after a year? I made book in June and it was 8 consecutive working weeks for benefits. Thank god it wasn't a year.
The union told us they took care of that this contract. $1.50 starting pay raise!!!!!
I voted yes and strongly endorsed this contract.
You are very welcome.
Central Supplement

ARTICLE 14-HEALTH & WELFARE

AND PENSIONS

(c) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in this

Supplement or any Rider or Addendum, individual health coverage

will be made available to part-time employees hired

after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12) months of active

employment and (ii) spousal or dependant coverage will also

be made available to these part-time employees twelve (12) months

after their initial date of employment.
I made book just before peak as a outside hire in the central and it also took 8 weeks for benefits

Brown Note

Im starting as a feeder driver in a couple weeks and my hub is still under the old contract. Does that mean i top out in three years even if the contract is ratified, or would i have to wait four years after that happens?

browner89

And took away the $1.00 after 90 days raise. In reality a $.50 increase in the starting wage.

Our HR person is still unaware of this.

Or doesn't care.

Every new hire at my center believes they are getting a $1.00 raise after 90 days. There should be a way to fight for that $1.00 you're promised, unfortunately, it's not on paper, it just sucks for every new hire that it's pretty hard to read the entire local contract before signing up for false promises.

By The Book

And an extra year to get to top rate, on the new contract
You are correct sir. What gets me are the new drivers, who used to be part timers who didn't vote and now bitch about how it's a four year progression. Then when they get to drive they run, give up personal time, won't listen to reason, and are the first to get laid off.

Insaneasylum

I would vote yes on a 5 year progression but with proper raised every year.

Year 1 $20
Year 2 $25
Year 3 $28
Year 4 $32
Year 5 $35

Or something like that
When I worked construction you started at 50% too wage and then got 5% back evey month. 5 year progression but you were getting a raise every six months so that was nice. Some thing like that would work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our HR person is still unaware of this.

Or doesn't care.

Every new hire at my center believes they are getting a $1.00 raise after 90 days. There should be a way to fight for that $1.00 you're promised, unfortunately, it's not on paper, it just sucks for every new hire that it's pretty hard to read the entire local contract before signing up for false promises.
Are you going to fight when you find out HR lied about going FT in 6 months?

box_beeyotch

You are correct sir. What gets me are the new drivers, who used to be part timers who didn't vote and now bitch about how it's a four year progression. Then when they get to drive they run, give up personal time, won't listen to reason, and are the first to get laid off.

I voted no. Some of us new drivers do try to educate ourselves as much as possible. However giving up personal time is the dumbest thing you can do. I'll never skip my lunch just to make numbers for them, but there are plenty of the new kiss :censored2: guys who do it daily. 5 hours a week of pay lost just so you can scratch? Get the friend outta here!!!!