Please help..freaking out..husband fired for accident

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Bottom line: every district has different rules, different eggheads as managers. No one here can give you any definitive answers, but most likely your husband will be off for a while. How long? It depends on that manager. In all likelihood, your husband will get back to work. Whenever the wreck is the driver's fault, you're kind of at their mercy. It will be hard with no paycheck coming in, but you'll look back on it and chalk it up to experience.

I don't know if your husband does this route, but I would tell him never hit an intersection like this if you know about it. Years ago I had an intersection like this. It was and intersection at the top of a hill on a 55MPH highway, but the highway curved around this hill, so you couldn't see the traffic coming. I left this intersection ONE time. Almost got killed and nearly caused a major accident because the old UPS trucks weren't known for their acceleration. After that, I would drive around this intersection at the cost of about 4 extra miles. If he doesn't about it, thats one thing, but if he does, he should avoid it at all costs.

Necropostophiliac

It's not the supervisor that fired him they call labor and they make the call.I have seen lots of these at panel hearings.First his story better never change if I think he's lying he's gone,they will wont to see he gets how serious this is ex guy on motorcycle he's dead right now.Keeping that in mind I'd give him another chance with suspension. Forget that accident was so minor he pulled out in front of someone very serious . If he came in saying this is minor what's the big deal he can start looking for a new job

Yep NECRO Foul / Violation!!!
reff.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Your not kidding?? Am I to wait to see if the guy stops or not?? At a stop sign???

Yes, he is right. If the other guy runs the stop sign, it will ALWAYS be your fault according to UPS.

That's ok. When you know, it's not a big deal. Slow down. Don't get yourself in such a hurry to hit that next stop.

This is where UPS rides both side of the "Safety First" coin. They will preach, they will spend money and they will fire you for this exact type of accident. On the other hand, if they don't like your times, or are doing a performance ride with you, this is where they will begin to push you. Push you to hurry, hurry, hurry. I've had sups tell me I didn't need to come to a complete stop at red lights and stop signs, I've had sups tell me to gas it to get out in front of other vehicles at intersections....all to speed me up. "No thanks, sir, I wish to be safe."

It is up to the driver to be safe out there. Ignore management's BS to speed up. Many times they will care less about all of the methods they teach you, so long as you are a driver that looks good on paper. But, that same driver gets in an accident? You better hope you weren't at fault and were following their methods, because you can bet your ass they will forget about the numbers when you got caught violating them.