PLEASE help, freaking out regarding xanax and dot package car driving

Johney

How would he know?

I didn’t know until my drug test came back positive for adderall. I’ve never abused it and it doesn’t affect me like someone who takes it to get “buzzed”. It works for me.

Anyway, UPS, when the test came back, told me I couldn’t drive until I got the doctor’s note. Luckily, I got the note before my next shift.
How could you not know it wouldn't come back positive on a drug test? It's an Amphetamine one of the few things they do test for.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
How could you not know it wouldn't come back positive on a drug test? It's an Amphetamine one of the few things they do test for.

Oh, I knew it would come back on the test. I was told you just had to give them your prescription number and they confirmed with your doctor.

Instead, they said I couldn’t drive until I got the note from my doctor, and have their DOT doctor sign off on it.

I just assumed he was in package car, where you never hear about any of this.

buck2000

UPDATE, the doc sent a note to the Dot doc and adderall was fine with him, but he said 100% no to xanax. I don't know exactly what my doc faxed the dot guy, but somehow it worked. You do have to go dot cert every year instead of every 2 years though. As for the x, probably for the best I suppose because I was starting to rely on them to sleep... Thank you to the people who tried to help, and no thanks to all the idiots. I am working to find natural alternatives to both meds, as I don't like taking anything made in a lab for long.

quad decade guy

How would he know?

I didn’t know until my drug test came back positive for adderall. I’ve never abused it and it doesn’t affect me like someone who takes it to get “buzzed”. It works for me.

Anyway, UPS, when the test came back, told me I couldn’t drive until I got the doctor’s note. Luckily, I got the note before my next shift.

Ask! I'm a pilot(amongst other things). Any script I get, I ask if it could be disqualifying. DOT, FAA or any other. Sleep apnea is disqualifying without documented treatment. Lot's of things out there that can get you bounced-especially scrips. For instance- anyone taking these "happy" pills couldn't be a pilot.