PLEASE help, freaking out regarding xanax and dot package car driving

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
You can get a note from the doctor you’re getting them from saying they will not affect your ability to do the job. However, when you get the dot physical the doctor may still deny you. In that case they will tell you to quit taking them and come back in 5 days.

Johney

He never said he got the script from a doctor....

A doctor was not mentioned..

this has got to be a troll post. What doctor would prescribe those 2 together? They literally cancel each other out. It makes no sense

You can get a note from the doctor you’re getting them from saying they will not affect your ability to do the job. However, when you get the dot physical the doctor may still deny you. In that case they will tell you to quit taking them and come back in 5 days.
A Doctor was never mentioned so how can he get a note from one or have one prescribe both. Duh!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If it's a DOT prohibited drug you aren't allowed to drive
You better pray you don't get too serious accident

Not true.

Even with a CDL, you can drive with a controlled substance, provided you have a prescription.

There are additional requirements, however. You have to inform the DOT doctor during your physical and you have to get a note from your prescribing doctor stating that you are safe to operate a commercial vehicle while taking said substance.

What judgmental people fail to comprehend is that some people are helped tremendously by these drugs. Can they be abused and used by the wrong people? Absolutely. But don’t lump everybody into one category.

Dracula

If you don't have any helpful info, please keep the comments to yourself. I am seriously worried now...

Go to your doctor and have him give you a note that you are safe to operate the UPS vehicle. If he knows these drugs help you, he should have no problem giving it to you. Then give UPS a copy of the note.

End of story.

Not true.

Even with a CDL, you can drive with a controlled substance, provided you have a prescription.

There are additional requirements, however. You have to inform the DOT doctor during your physical and you have to get a note from your prescribing doctor stating that you are safe to operate a commercial vehicle while taking said substance.

What judgmental people fail to comprehend is that some people are helped tremendously by these drugs. Can they be abused and used by the wrong people? Absolutely. But don’t lump everybody into one category.
I'm sure he did not notify his DOT doctor...

Dracula

I'm sure he did not notify his DOT doctor...

How would he know?

I didn’t know until my drug test came back positive for adderall. I’ve never abused it and it doesn’t affect me like someone who takes it to get “buzzed”. It works for me.

Anyway, UPS, when the test came back, told me I couldn’t drive until I got the doctor’s note. Luckily, I got the note before my next shift.

How would he know?

I didn’t know until my drug test came back positive for adderall. I’ve never abused it and it doesn’t affect me like someone who takes it to get “buzzed”. It works for me.

Anyway, UPS, when the test came back, told me I couldn’t drive until I got the doctor’s note. Luckily, I got the note before my next shift.
He said he was concerned about it. So I'm pretty sure he didn't tell anyone.
friend* it who cares.

Go kill someone. Drugs for everyone.

Dracula

He said he was concerned about it. So I'm pretty sure he didn't tell anyone.
friend* it who cares.

Go kill someone. Drugs for everyone.

Personally, I wouldn’t take it if I felt it affected my judgement or ability to operate safely.

Maybe I’m just different from you.

Dracula

Yeah I don't need a drug that gives me less sleep and keeps me awake to do my job
Entire world is overmedicated

Okay Doctor. Apparently your comprehension skills are waning. It doesn’t affect my sleep at all. Never has. But I’ll let my doctor know your concerns.

oldngray

nowhere special
You can get a waiver for a lot of medications but if anything happens when are working and on a medication it would be your ass on the line. The doctor's too which is why a lot of doctors won't take the chance.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Crush it up and snort it, then wash down a 12 pack. Only on the weekends tho. See you all in hell