PM dispatch

Arcfyre

I was also under the impression that loop mates were supposed to help each other out. When I pulled my first truck in, I saw my helpee's loop mate's truck already docked. Driver nowhere to be seen. Yes, he has more seniority than me, but he had nowhere near the workload on his rural route today.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was also under the impression that loop mates were supposed to help each other out. When I pulled my first truck in, I saw my helpee's loop mate's truck already docked. Driver nowhere to be seen. Yes, he has more seniority than me, but he had nowhere near the workload on his rural route today.
Nope

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't assume just because you did more pieces. His day was easier. We had an in town driver who took a :censored2:ty route and turned it into the worst route in the building with his running. Management loved him. Why can't you be more like him blah blah blah.

Well they used his route as a training route and put him out on the rural routes to show us guys how it was done. Two 14 hour days and many missed pieces later he was put back in town.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I took a full break and lunch today. I don't run. The route is heavy industrial, 70-90 stops, 46 pickups. The last pickup is at 1700, and you need to be there on time, otherwise they are closed.

Back to the point, is there anything in the contract that says "I did my work for the day, leave me alone?"

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this dispatch. Forget being the heaviest route in the building, this may be the heaviest route in the company.

mdnj88

I have my favorites who I like helping...I have the guys who I wouldn't mind helping because they put their time in. And then I have the same 3 guys who I down right refuse to ever help! I have a few close friends and we usually help each other out most of the time

S

selfcancelsignal

I have my favorites who I like helping...I have the guys who I wouldn't mind helping because they put their time in. And then I have the same 3 guys who I down right refuse to ever help! I have a few close friends and we usually help each other out most of the time
^ Pretty much this.

S

selfcancelsignal

But if you get a message to go help someone else before you get back to the building you have to go help.
Not true in my center. I say no when I feel like it. Just did today. I also do extra certain days.

S

selfcancelsignal

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this dispatch. Forget being the heaviest route in the building, this may be the heaviest route in the company.
Curious how many of those industrial stops have docks.? friend--- carting off that much heavy shizz!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I took a full break and lunch today. I don't run. The route is heavy industrial, 70-90 stops, 46 pickups. The last pickup is at 1700, and you need to be there on time, otherwise they are closed.

Back to the point, is there anything in the contract that says "I did my work for the day, leave me alone?"
NO

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think that's kind of a bull:censored2: move. Everyone at my center thinks because they have 1 or 2 guys under them they shouldn't have to do anything. For the first 5 years of my career I never said a word. Just went and did the work. I wouldn't want to be stuck out there til 10pm so why would I leave someone else out to dry.

It took me quite a few years before I had enough people under me and a route I could finish early before I did that.

I'm not gonna lie there's 1 or 2 guys I have told to never be sent to help again. That has less to do with how slow they are though and more to do with you helping them and them getting in an hour before you.

The drivers I tended to do that to were total runner/gunners that took every shortcut they could to get in, even at the expense of customers. One in particular would scream like a pig when she got sent back out. She didn't think she should work more than seven hours a day.

That was fun.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No the only way to be sure that your not getting sent back out to help is slow down and not finish early otherwise you run that chance
This is why Unions are are losing favor in the US.
Do your job to your ability and talk it over with your supervisor.
Crap happens on occasion but if it is reoccurring, warn sup.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I ran a mall in a box truck in the early eighties that hit 1000 pieces delivered/picked up daily.

And, I didn't/couldn't break eight hours.

UPSGUY72

This is why Unions are are losing favor in the US.
Do your job to your ability and talk it over with your supervisor.
Crap happens on occasion but if it is reoccurring, warn sup.

Union are what made this country. They are being broken because the rich people don't want to pay people a fair days wage, give people pensions and good health care. They wantto line there pockets with more money.

These days ORION tell us how long it should take to do the route if you run it faster and get told to go help someone that's your problem. It you run your route and come in just under the ORION numbers I don't see what your issue is. A fair days pay for a fair days work.

I was over paid . 01 hours the other day on a 10 plus hr planned day I timed it pretty dam good. I didn't bust my ass and I didn't drag my feet. I knew when I left the building what pace I needed to work at to make the ORION numbers and I executed my plan almost perfectly.