Pointers for UPS customers accessing this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod

Retired 22 years
Make sure you let your damn dog out because drivers like to have something to kick besides packages- (just kidding------------about the packages anyway):peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you live in gated communities feel free to add your gate code to your address. Many shippers have the capability to add a second line to the address.
IE
Name
Address
Address (you could put gate code here)
City State Zip

Ideally your regular driver will have had this information added to his diad but we don't live in an ideal world. And as a cover driver, I cover many many rtes, I can't remember every gate code or for that matter every special delivery instruction. If you are concerned about your gate code being given out, you need not be. No one outside the UPS system sees your pkg or your gate code. If you are seriously concerned about this information getting out then contact the 800# and ask to speak withsomeone in your center. Have the center put the information in your drivers diad. This includes special delivery instructions, such as del to back door or leave out of reach of dog or leave in box at end of driveway. Anything is possible.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dill, codes to get into gated comunities and to restricted access buildings is something else I kept in my "little black book". It was coded so should i lose it, no one else would have understood what it stood for.

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Danny, putting access codes in to your black book is one thing. Putting them in to the DIAD allows cover drivers to do their jobs more effectively. I have taken the time to type up a page of tips for my delivery area which I have posted on the bulkhead door. These tips include access codes, phone numbers for customers that I call ahead on CODs, and many other tips. One of my cover drivers jokingly told me to get a life but also conceded that the "tip sheet" has helped him on several occasions. Of course, I list only tips, not shortcuts. I have to keep my edge over my cover drivers.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Of course, I list only tips, not shortcuts. I have to keep my edge over my cover drivers.
Wisdom comes with age:wink2:

Kinda funny and off subject, but I build ponds. Im really good at building ponds that are no more to maintain that flushing the toilet once a week.

Everybody wants me to tell them how to build their pond that way. Sorry. I went to school, paid for my education, and I am going to give it away for free? Dont think so. Might give you a pointer or two, but for anything else, there is a consulting fee.

Same principle.

Very few people put a value on something they get for free, but when they pay dearly for the same item, for what ever reason it becomes more valuable?

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I keep a black marker with me all the time. I write notes on the walls inside the cargo area. Gate codes, new streets, even the date, time and address of the dog that attack my diad.

BigBrownSanta

I keep a black marker with me all the time. I write notes on the walls inside the cargo area. Gate codes, new streets, even the date, time and address of the dog that attack my diad.

I keep a big fat marksalot marker with me also also. I use it to write the address on mailboxes so I don't have to get a signature everytime I have a delivery for that address.

chev

Nightcrawler
I keep a big fat marksalot marker with me also also. I use it to write the address on mailboxes so I don't have to get a signature everytime I have a delivery for that address.
:surprised: I used to do that when I was in delivery but it wasn't to be able to driver release packages. It just really pissed me off when people couldn't spend $.50 to put a couple of numbers on their freakin mailbox.:angry:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
How about after a snowstorm, shoveling a path WIDER than 1 shovel width! a 2-wheeler doesn't fit down a narrow walkway with 3 foot walls of snow on either side. I always make a point thank my customers that clear the snow from their drive & walk ways as it makes my job a little easier.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How about after a snowstorm, shoveling a path WIDER than 1 shovel width! a 2-wheeler doesn't fit down a narrow walkway with 3 foot walls of snow on either side. I always make a point thank my customers that clear the snow from their drive & walk ways as it makes my job a little easier.

Let's not forget those unbearable grass clippings, also. I can't stand it when I have grass clippings stuck to my 2 wheeler.:wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Steve, on a hot day, I would prefer those grass clippings over dog droppings any time. Especially the sour ones that curl even your toe hairs?

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Steve, on a hot day, I would prefer those grass clippings over dog droppings any time. Especially the sour ones that curl even your toe hairs?

d
Not much worse than stepping in dog crap and having to smell it in your truck all day or even for an hour.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sure, here's the real picture and it's self explanatory. CAUTION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Adult supervision required, please shield young eyes!
100_7289.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.