Pointers for UPS customers accessing this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Was really just trying to let customers know that they need to use the stylus and not their ink pen. But you gotta love the view.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have never looked at this thread why is it always here.

It is a "sticky" thread designated by Cheryl or MODs as a thread that should always show and be at top.
These type of threads are informational or referential in nature to help users answer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Probably should have one for buying UPS socks or best footwear for drivers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't I'm on my zeventh beer and am a little lost.

The intent of this thread to provide relevant information to an audience of users which implies that any irrelavent posts should be deleted.
The enforcement of that implication is spotty at best.

zdnewyork

Do you know where I can get phone numbers to the hubs in Texas?

First, welcome to the Brown Cafe.

This is the most unique site designed for mainly UPS employees to exchange information, learn new techniques about their job, methods in dealing with management or job stresses, or just an area to kick back and sound off. At times it might not be something you want your young children to access. But usually it is a pretty informative site. I would rate it between G and PG:wink2:.

There are a lot of abbreviations and acronyms that UPS personnel use to communicate. Much like the military. Some are easy, some not.

If you are looking for information about a package, the best place is the ups website. That would be the first place to start. After that, while we are not set up for it here, we have been able on occasion to help.

But we need a tracking number. That number, starting with a 1Z is what identifies your single package from the tens of millions in our system. And for all its short comings, it really is an amazing system. If you feel uncomfortable posting it in public, you can either send it to one of the mods or senior members of this forum via the private message system on this site. As UPS employees, we enjoy helping customers, you are the lifeblood of our company. As some have said, it is a privilege to help you.

Now, at times we understand we have dropped the ball. For that we apologize in advance. Things happen. I have had packages lost in the UPS system for months without an explanation from UPS. I suspect I know what the problems were, but nothing official from UPS. And as a customer, I understand the frustration.

There have been times where customers have posted here either with great anger, or with faulty information and statements. Those will not get you much help. We need the facts as they are, not as you want them to be, or think they are. The more precise information you provide to us, the more intelligent the responses will be.

And as always, thank you for trusting UPS(and ultimately us) with your delivery needs. We do pride ourselves in being the over all best at what we do. A pride that runs deep.

Best Regards

Daniel

Nimnim

The Nim
Do you know where I can get phone numbers to the hubs in Texas?

Phone numbers are unlisted, but you may get lucky if someone who works in a given hub wants to give you the numbers they have.

Of course the numbers would have to be given in PMs as well or the mods will remove them for one reason or another.

JB32

First, welcome to the Brown Cafe.
As UPS employees, we enjoy helping customers, you are the lifeblood of our company. As some have said, it is a privilege to help you.

, I understand the frustration.

There have been times where customers have posted here either with great anger, or with faulty information and statements. Those will not get you much help. We need the facts as they are, not as you want them to be, or think they are. The more precise information you provide to us, the more intelligent the responses will be.

And as always, thank you for trusting UPS(and ultimately us) with your delivery needs. We do pride ourselves in being the over all best at what we do. A pride that runs deep.

Best Regards

Daniel
Well Daniell I had to smile when reading your comments in the quote, after my `first` ever encounter with UPS delivery which I'm still waiting for after trying to contact UPS to speak to a human being.
In desperation I tried to get some kind of human interaction regarding your choice of `delivery` service with UPS!
I find the UPS system of customer service one long nightmare after many hours of trying to speak to a human being, through Phone, email etc. I was trying for a total of 15minutes in the last altercation with UPS only to be subjected to mental torture by their electronic, `hardly audible`, voice and music, and I just couldn't hold and listen any longer. I then sent them this email........
" I've been expecting a parcel from Tom Tom, your ref' 9812 5490 180 1. I found a note in my letter box today informing me your deliver person had been when I was out, but no indication of what time. I see by the `tick` box that they are to try again tomorrow Thursday 16th Dec 2010, but again no estimated time is indicated. I've spent the last 15 mins trying to get past your electronic phone message without any success, hence this email.
My question is how can I inform you that I'm out from 11.15 to 14.15 every single day of the year with no other way I can arrange the delivery inside these times, I would very much appreciate if you could make the necessary arrangements and inform me this has been done please. I finished off with my address and phone number 0161..............4784.
I then received this :

Rescheduled
Delivery Attempt: 15 Dec 2010 12:17
Next Delivery Attempt: 16 Dec 2010
Shipper Name: TOMTOM INTERNATIONAL BV
Shipped to: MANCHESTER, GB
Shipped/Billed on: 13 Dec 2010
Service Type: STANDARD
Weight: .50 Kg
Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 16 Dec 2010.
--------------------------------------
Tracking Number: 0161.....784
This is not a valid UPS tracking number.
So you see Daniell they are telling me that my phone number I sent isnt the correct tracking number, even though I had written the Ref Number at the very begining of the email, and you will also see that they are to deliver the next day but no indication that they have taken note of the times I'm not available. I do know it's impossible to give a precise time but they could have added that they had taken note of my times?
So this leaves me no alternative but to display to anyone who looks at my front door, the times the premises are vacant...My Home insurance people and the police would be very upset I'm sure:sick:
You should try to contact your customer service HUMAN through the line that we customers have to use, and not some `direct` line:dissapointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.