Political Correctness Is Dangerous

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yet it did say what it said.

Kindly point to the part of the handout where that sentence EXISTS...

Not a suggestion, Not an inference, but the actual instruction to teachers NOT to say such a thing..

Go for it.

You folks have too much time on your hands, yet not enough time to gather or assertain if your right wing blog is simply blowing something out of porportion or simply making it up.

Much like Megyn Kelly on fox news, telling is saliva dripping audience of grey hairs , that the state attorney ordered the police to the exact street where freddie gray was arrested and eventually killed, so it was really "her fault".

You people will believe anything placed in front of you, except the truth.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
University of California faculty leader-training handout instructed professors not to say that “America is the land of opportunity” because that’s a racist, sexist microaggression.

According to the handout, called “Tool: Recognizing Microaggressions and the Messages they Send,” the statement “assert that race and gender [do] not play a role in life's successes"
despite the fact that saying opportunities exist and saying that opportunities are more easily attainable for some people than others are not mutually exclusive assertions.
Other microaggressions listed on the document include asking, “Where are you from or where were you born?” (because it suggests that the person you’re asking is “not a true American”); asking a post-doctoral minority student whether he or she is lost in the halls of a chemistry building (because it makes ”the assumption that the person is trying to break into one of the labs”); and having students fill out forms on which they have to check a box indicating whether they’re male or female.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419571/university-california-microaggresions-janet-napolitano

Without a doubt an example of the stupidity of political correctness. Which is what TOS wanted to see (yet still refuses to open his eyes to notice).

"The College Fix reached out to the UC Office of the President for comment. In response to a question about how these seminars might have a chilling effect on faculty members’ ability to engage in free speech, representative Shelly Meron said in an email Tuesday that “These seminars are not an attempt to curb open dialogue, debate or classroom discussions.”

“The seminars are part of the President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program,” Meron stated. “Deans and department heads who attended the seminars could choose whether they wanted to convey the information to their faculty.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OLDGRAY,

your source states that the professors are BANNED from using these terms, and this isnt the case at all.. Its just another exaggeration from a right wing rag to get old people all riled up over nothing.

TOS.

wkmac

Absurd Political Correctness is actually a good thing as it is forcing a confrontation with the concepts of free thought and free speech and just where such over reach should end.

In order to control speech one much first control thought and the moment you bring up thought control, 90% of everyone will go, "OH HELL NO!"

If I control your words, I control your thoughts.
If I control your thoughts, I control speech.
If I control your speech, I control your actions.
If I control your actions, I control you!

bbsam

Staff member
I read the handout. Saw nothing that banned anything.
Right. What's the hangup? Political Correctness isn't a law. Nobody is going to lock up Mitt for his 99% comments. Bill Clinton was maligned for easily transferring from knee-slapping laughter to tear-jerk ing grief in a split second.

All political correctness is is a general sense of good/bad taste. So if you're wringing your hands over such things, aren't you really just uncomfortable with your own views when compared to generally accepted standards, real or percieved? If so, get over it. Christie has. It will keep him from the presidency, but politics is a filthy craft in which perception matters. Why else would political contributions be so easily hidden?

Overpaid Union Thug

Absurd Political Correctness is actually a good thing as it is forcing a confrontation with the concepts of free thought and free speech and just where such over reach should end.

In order to control speech one much first control thought and the moment you bring up thought control, 90% of everyone will go, "OH HELL NO!"

If I control your words, I control your thoughts.
If I control your thoughts, I control speech.
If I control your speech, I control your actions.
If I control your actions, I control you!
Yep. Most people that use the PC card know exactly what they are doing. It's a clever tactic actually. Very "Rules For Radicals" I must say. I say most because the rest of them are, in fact, just too sensitive for their own good.

wkmac

Yep. Most people that use the PC card know exactly what they are doing. It's a clever tactic actually. Very "Rules For Radicals" I must say. I say most because the rest of them are, in fact, just too sensitive for their own good.

Have you actually read "Rules for Radicals"? The chapter "A Word About Words" might mean something here.

Overpaid Union Thug

Have you actually read "Rules for Radicals"? The chapter "A Word About Words" might mean something here.
Yes I have. It's been a while. I have a copy. I bought it because I had heard it was more or less dedicated to Lucifer (among others), and that it was (is) used like a sort of playbook by the far left (mostly) on how to polarize their adversaries to defeat them. It's definitely a bit dry and difficult to read at times. Boring I mean.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dolezal-DQ.jpg