Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' (On Topic Only)

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’s not really that fascinating. Any time people who have twisted minds look for situations, they can infuse their selves in places of power and trust. Those pedophiles just found a way to do that. It’s not an indictment on Christianity. It’s an indictment on the leadership of Catholicism that it did not get handled properly.
IMO very good point.

Perhaps not only an indictment but a warning, similar to the warning given in the recording of David’s lustful ways.

A warning to those of us who think we are strong and above this type of failure, to take heed lest we fall.

Peace
☮️

bacha29

Judging by the amount of priests that have gone to jail they have been having sex for ever.
Decades ago at the RCC in my hometown the common belief was that the nuns and priests lived in housing that was completely disconnected from one another. That was until building repair workers found a previously unknown passageway that connected the two dwellings. And low and behold what did they find there one day. The remains of an aborted fetus.

The common problem all denominations have today is deciding on which ideology. disciplines and bylaws they need to adopt in order to best address their common and growing problem.....empty pews.

Empty pews generate zero revenue. And so when you're paying to heat ,light water and sewerage too many empty non revenue generating pews... you're not going to stay in business for very long.

Thebrownblob

Decades ago at the RCC in my hometown the common belief was that the nuns and priests lived in housing that was completely disconnected from one another. That was until building repair workers found a previously unknown passageway that connected the two dwellings. And low and behold what did they find there one day. The remains of an aborted fetus.

The common problem all denominations have today is deciding on which ideology. disciplines and bylaws they need to adopt in order to best address their common and growing problem.....empty pews.

Empty pews generate zero revenue. And so when you're paying to heat ,light water and sewerage too many empty non revenue generating pews... you're not going to stay in business for very long.
Alway……
1678908006391.png

Thebrownblob

A reply from someone who is erroneous on so many subjects. What you fail to understand is you’re talking about denominations and church buildings. It’s actually a lot more than that. Those are man-made things, and they can have uses, but they’re not the “Church”….

“where two or three are gathered together in my name, … behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you”

bacha29

A reply from someone who is erroneous on so many subjects. What you fail to understand is you’re talking about denominations and church buildings. It’s actually a lot more than that. Those are man-made things, and they can have uses, but they’re not the “Church”….

“where two or three are gathered together in my name, … behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you”
Today's religion is not a ministry It's an enterprise hiding behind a tax exempt number. If it is not an enterprise then why do they pass the collection plate? Why does it always oppose efforts to eliminate the tax deductibility of donations? Perhaps you in your superior intellect can explain to me why given that it operates on a profit and loss basis why today's organized religion is not an enterprise?

Thebrownblob

Today's religion is not a ministry It's an enterprise hiding behind a tax exempt number. If it is not an enterprise then why do they pass the collection plate? Why does it always oppose efforts to eliminate the tax deductibility of donations? Perhaps you in your superior intellect can explain to me why given that it operates on a profit and loss basis why today's organized religion is not an enterprise?
Because you’re talking about religion, and denominations, I’m not. Not that those are inherently bad, but they are totally different than being a Christian. It’s what you fail to understand. And always will as long as you’re a non-believer tried to analyze it from the outside.

bacha29

Because you’re talking about religion, and denominations, I’m not. Not that those are inherently bad, but they are totally different than being a Christian. It’s what you fail to understand. And always will as long as you’re a non-believer tried to analyze it from the outside.

So are you now trying to tell that Christianity is NOT a religion? That is has no structure or organization? The only other possibility is pure self righteousness. And that is by far the most most destructive form of religion .

Thebrownblob

So are you now trying to tell that Christianity is NOT a religion? That is has no structure or organization? The only other possibility is pure self righteousness. And that is by far the most most destructive form of religion .
Yes

silly way to frame a question, but if you understood Christianity, you would know your righteousness is like a filthy rag just like your take on what actually being a Christian is.

Thebrownblob

That's never stopped you.
Nope, he pretends Christianity is the most destructive form of religion, and it fails to realize being an atheist is far more destructive in every aspect. Both now and in eternity. Quite a sad existence for someone who doesn’t believe and thinks his 60 to 80 years is all there is. 🤷‍♂️

bacha29

Yes

silly way to frame a question, but if you understood Christianity, you would know your righteousness is like a filthy rag just like your take on what actually being a Christian is.
What is the basis of your contention that Christianity is not a religion? What sets it apart from Buddhism , Hinduism or Islam? Are you saying that there are no self righteous hypocrites within the Christian community?

Thebrownblob

What is the basis of your contention that Christianity is not a religion? What sets it apart from Buddhism , Hinduism or Islam? Are you saying that there are no self righteous hypocrites within the Christian community?
Well, the first thing is our God rose from the grave. Quite a bit different from those dead guys. We’re getting ready to celebrate that you should join us. And if you think I believe there’s no self-righteous Christians, you would be mistaken and you would also probably need to read the Bible and understand it. It also talks about those kind of people they’re going to have a fate worse than yours.

bacha29

Well, the first thing is our God rose from the grave. We’re getting ready to celebrate that you should join us. And if you think I believe there’s no self-righteous Christians, you would be mistaken and you would also probably need to read the Bible and understand it. It also talks about those kind of people they’re going to have a fate worse than yours.
And the bible you use no matter which version is full of historical accounts of bloodshed and death going back thousands of years involving civilizations who have attempted and often succeeded in destroying one another over the question of who's god is the true god and who loves him more and who among those civilizations is god's chosen people. And that war continues to this very day and will still be waged long after you and I are gone.

Thebrownblob

And the bible you use no matter which version is full of historical accounts of bloodshed and death going back thousands of years involving civilizations who have attempted and often succeeded in destroying one another over the question of who's god is the true god and who loves him more and who among those civilizations is god's chosen people. And that war continues to this very day and will still be waged long after you and I are gone.
Oh no, not bloodshed and death it’s almost like the Bible, doesn’t whitewash the sad state of the human condition and falling man? You should really stick to things you understand don’t know why you’re in this thread if you don’t believe but it’s clear deep down you know you’re wrong and it bothers you.

You don’t see me in the FedEx threads because I don’t understand it and I don’t care😂

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Point?

bacha29

Oh no, not bloodshed it’s almost like the Bible, doesn’t whitewash the sad state of the human condition and falling man? You should really stick to things you understand don’t know why you’re in this thread if you don’t believe but it’s clear deep down you know you’re wrong and it bothers you.

You don’t see me in the FedEx threads because I don’t understand it and I don’t care😂
Then you must not use the KJV because it's full of wars over religion. And more importantly when it comes to accusing me of being wrong you're without question standing in judgement over me. And doesn't your holy book say something to the effect...."judge not...or lest ye be judged'?

Thebrownblob

Then you must not use the KJV because it's full of wars over religion. And more importantly when it comes to accusing me of being wrong you're without question standing in judgement over me. And doesn't your holy book say something to the effect...."judge not...or lest ye be judged'?
I’m not judging you. That’s Gods place, I can’t damn you to hell only you can do that. Keep pretending you understand what the book says, because you don’t.