Positive coronavirus test at hub

542thruNthru

No. I was able to add on all my vacation time that I have available onto the end of those 10 days, my option, not mandatory. So all in all I'll be out 7 weeks total, all paid (4+1 vacation weeks\10 days COVID19). This should keep me out of the "surge" hopefully.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if you come back to work after 7 weeks off and get the coronavirus lol! All that time wasted just because you could.

MattM

or God forbid you need it for something else in the near future.
I'm trying to spread my time out. I have 47 days of sick time available. But that's from 7-8 years of accumulated time. Do I waste it all now for isolation? Or use it when it's truly needed. Tough to predict

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. I was able to add on all my vacation time that I have available onto the end of those 10 days, my option, not mandatory. So all in all I'll be out 7 weeks total, all paid (4+1 vacation weeks\10 days COVID19). This should keep me out of the "surge" hopefully.

If you do decide that you want to come back sooner, can you "buy back" any of that vacation time?

dmc2008

Just from word of mouth, I've heard about 3 drivers out in our building. No idea about anyone else. They're obviously trying to keep this all quiet.
They're also calling everyone with days off and begging them to come in instead. And to top it all off, they're hiring PVDs...

I'm going to laugh my ass off if you come back to work after 7 weeks off and get the coronavirus lol! All that time wasted just because you could.

Most of us will probably get it. Its all about timing.... you want there to be a bed and ventilator available if you need it. Or even hope they know more about the virus in 2 months to treat it better. Usually I cash in most of my vacations anyways. I justify it by calling off whenever I feel like it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
My building thought they were cute, until one of our own caught it.
We have two 80 crew shifts (morning and evening). My AM crew, someone came back positive last week. Now 5-6 guys are doing the voluntary quarantine.

Their smart idea (instead of shutting down) was to have sign up sheets for extra work. AMs to work PMs. PMs to work AMs. Basically a double shift. It didn’t take but one day for us to lose 12% of our active work force.
They’re dropping like flies.
We’re not exactly a hot bed. It’s just getting started.
Well if you guys would just show up to work, there wouldnt be a problem

centinel

Exhibit A for why those of us left holding down the fort should get hazard pay.

specter208

This virus isn’t as scary as they, the media is making out to be. By refusing to work you can very likely cause more damage to yourself. Don’t be afraid, I’m sure we’re gonna be good when we forget about this. God bless you guys.

MattM

Of 80 workers in my building, 17 were out this morning. This is week 1 and we're not exactly in a hot zone. They need to expedite the hiring process or the planes will have to unload themselves in 2-3 weeks.

It almost seems like after the 14 days, they'll be required to show back up in a timely manner? Most of the ones who are now quarantined coincidentally or not are brand new hires, so they don't even qualify for FMLA, or have PTO. And if they never catch it, they don't have disability. So I sense they'll be back soon

I guess we'll be alternating skeleton crews for awhile. We're already bringing in doubles. So now they can infect the other crew.

What a mess

This virus isn’t as scary as they, the media is making out to be. By refusing to work you can very likely cause more damage to yourself. Don’t be afraid, I’m sure we’re gonna be good when we forget about this. God bless you guys.
I personally feel its worse than what they are telling us. I think they are suppressing the real numbers a bit to prevent chaos and anarchy. I could be wrong, and hopefully I am, but I'm playing it safe and enjoying my time off, staying up late watching movies, having fun with my kids, getting some odds and ends projects done....

specter208

I personally feel its worse than what they are telling us. I think they are suppressing the real numbers a bit to prevent chaos and anarchy. I could be wrong, and hopefully I am, but I'm playing it safe and enjoying my time off, staying up late watching movies, having fun with my kids, getting some odds and ends projects done....
If you notice. The big media outlets aren't putting out positive news because it doesn’t fit their narrative. Listen to these guys. They can be trusted.

If you notice. The big media outlets aren't putting out positive news because it doesn’t fit their narrative. Listen to these guys. They can be trusted.
Maybe I am naive, but why trash the whole economy and be throwing money at everybody if it isn't all that bad? I guess I don't see what the hidden agenda is.

MattM

Maybe I am naive, but why trash the whole economy and be throwing money at everybody if it isn't all that bad? I guess I don't see what the hidden agenda is.
it's trillion dollars bailouts. Or you know, test everyone and isolate the sick. The latter seems cheaper. So it all seems rigged

The stimulus package was something like 1400 pages and ready within two weeks of a Nationwide issue? They were ready for something. Maybe not this. But they were ready.

El Correcto

god is dead
My hub had a positive case.
The district manager failed to mention that anyone who came into contact with that person needs to quarantine, then joked about drinking coffee and smoking or some :censored2: to kill the virus.

I’m pretty sure we are all already dead.

it's trillion dollars bailouts. Or you know, test everyone and isolate the sick. The latter seems cheaper. So it all seems rigged

The stimulus package was something like 1400 pages and ready within two weeks of a Nationwide issue? They were ready for something. Maybe not this. But they were ready.
I could see this being the case if it was just the US, but the whole world is on board with this? Like a new world order or illuminati/freemasons thing? Whatever the reason is, it's the world we have to live in.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

They still can’t test everyone. Separating everyone was the only option.