Positive coronavirus test at hub

542thruNthru

If so then call back HR and tell them that per the language on UPSers.com and the memorandum of understanding that Linda Marshall president of UPS labor relations - HE is Lindsey Marshall.

I'm assuming you're talking to me.

My phone auto corrected to Linda. Also if you're going to correct someone. Make sure you yourself are correct. @trickpony1 can teach you how.

HE is Lindsay Marshall. :)

Johney

They opened a testing facility around here today, 300,000 had preregistered as of yesterday.....they test 250 today. Shooting for 400 tomorrow. Our local government at it's best. SMH.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Why did they put “Dollar Bill”.
Is that something he insisted on being called?
That was his nick-name. I think it fits most all feeder drivers. I never met one that didn't get his 60 hours a week in --if he wanted it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Covid 19 is a OSHA recordable incident, colds and the flu are not. The company can and will be held liable if not reported and OSHA guidelines are not followed.
I'm thinking UPS lawyers will find an exception within the following OSHA regulations.

Safety and Health Topics | COVID-19 - Standards | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

COVID-19 can be a recordable illness if a worker is infected as a result of performing their work-related duties. However, employers are only responsible for recording cases of COVID-19 if all of the following are met:

1. The case is a confirmed case of COVID-19 (see CDC information on persons under investigation and presumptive positive and laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19);
  2. The case is work-related, as defined by 29 CFR 1904.5; and
  3. The case involves one or more of the general recording criteria set forth in 29 CFR 1904.7 (e.g. medical treatment beyond first-aid, days away from work).
    • 1904.7(a)
      Basic requirement. You must consider an injury or illness to meet the general recording criteria, and therefore to be recordable, if it results in any of the following: death, days away from work, restricted work or transfer to another job, medical treatment beyond first aid, or loss of consciousness. You must also consider a case to meet the general recording criteria if it involves a significant injury or illness diagnosed by a physician or other licensed health care professional, even if it does not result in death, days away from work, restricted work or job transfer, medical treatment beyond first aid, or loss of consciousness.
  • 1904.5(b)(2)
    Are there situations where an injury or illness occurs in the work environment and is not considered work-related? Yes, an injury or illness occurring in the work environment that falls under one of the following exceptions is not work-related, and therefore is not recordable.
1904.5(b)(2) You are not required to record injuries and illnesses if . . .
(i) At the time of the injury or illness, the employee was present in the work environment as a member of the general public rather than as an employee.
(ii) The injury or illness involves signs or symptoms that surface at work but result solely from a non-work-related event or exposure that occurs outside the work environment.
(iii) The injury or illness results solely from voluntary participation in a wellness program or in a medical, fitness, or recreational activity such as blood donation, physical examination, flu shot, exercise class, racquetball, or baseball.
(iv) The injury or illness is solely the result of an employee eating, drinking, or preparing food or drink for personal consumption (whether bought on the employer's premises or brought in). For example, if the employee is injured by choking on a sandwich while in the employer's establishment, the case would not be considered work-related.

Note: If the employee is made ill by ingesting food contaminated by workplace contaminants (such as lead), or gets food poisoning from food supplied by the employer, the case would be considered work-related.
(v) The injury or illness is solely the result of an employee doing personal tasks (unrelated to their employment) at the establishment outside of the employee's assigned working hours.
(vi) The injury or illness is solely the result of personal grooming, self medication for a non-work-related condition, or is intentionally self-inflicted.
(vii) The injury or illness is caused by a motor vehicle accident and occurs on a company parking lot or company access road while the employee is commuting to or from work.
(viii) The illness is the common cold or flu (Note: contagious diseases such as tuberculosis, brucellosis, hepatitis A, or plague are considered work-related if the employee is infected at work).
(ix) The illness is a mental illness. Mental illness will not be considered work-related unless the employee voluntarily provides the employer with an opinion from a physician or other licensed health care professional with appropriate training and experience (psychiatrist, psychologist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, etc.) stating that the employee has a mental illness that is work-related.
2019-nCoV-banner-new.png

So that's the :censored2:ing way this company take care of their employees?, just finished a brief conversation with an HR representative, trying to get some information about the emergency paid leave for COVID-19, I got a doctor's note to self quarantine for two weeks cuz I have fever besides other symptoms and got negative on a flu test now this HR guy told me that a doctor's note it's not enough to get access to EPL that I need to get tested and be positive for this :censored2: ....well I guess one more time UPS and The Union show what are their really priorities during these difficult times

I just finished this process. You need to log onto UPSers.com and download the form. Its 3 pages but only a few questions, mostly boxes to check off. Fill it out and take pictures of the papers and your doctors note, then email them to [email protected]. Its was a very simple process, only took a few minutes. Entering into this "Protocol" opens up the option of using any accrued vacation time you have left for the year. Hope this helps.

Stay safe everybody!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just finished this process. You need to log onto UPSers.com and download the form. Its 3 pages but only a few questions, mostly boxes to check off. Fill it out and take pictures of the papers and your doctors note, then email them to [email protected]. Its was a very simple process, only took a few minutes. Entering into this "Protocol" opens up the option of using any accrued vacation time you have left for the year. Hope this helps.

Stay safe everybody!

Do you have to use personal/sick/vacation time before using the paid sick leave?

UPSER1987

They opened a testing facility around here today, 300,000 had preregistered as of yesterday.....they test 250 today. Shooting for 400 tomorrow. Our local government at it's best. SMH.
That’s our entire government under this idiot called a president

MattM

My building thought they were cute, until one of our own caught it.
We have two 80 crew shifts (morning and evening). My AM crew, someone came back positive last week. Now 5-6 guys are doing the voluntary quarantine.

Their smart idea (instead of shutting down) was to have sign up sheets for extra work. AMs to work PMs. PMs to work AMs. Basically a double shift. It didn’t take but one day for us to lose 12% of our active work force.
They’re dropping like flies.
We’re not exactly a hot bed. It’s just getting started.

Do you have to use personal/sick/vacation time before using the paid sick leave?

No. I was able to add on all my vacation time that I have available onto the end of those 10 days, my option, not mandatory. So all in all I'll be out 7 weeks total, all paid (4+1 vacation weeks\10 days COVID19). This should keep me out of the "surge" hopefully.