Positive coronavirus test at hub

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Misthios, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Mines a little hairy. You wouldn't have her number handy would you?

2. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Have UPS management take you company doctor to get tested yourself?

3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Nobody needs to test positive to get a 2 weeks paid vacation. You only need to be quarantined by your Dr.

4. FreedomOne

FreedomOne Member

Everyone is refusing to test. We have one out now that won't be allowed to return until a test is done and no one will test him.

5. ManInBrown

How is that not a violation of HIPAA? How does UPS know this person hasn’t been tested?

6. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

The used up all the test kits on celebrities at their private vacation homes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ManInBrown

I don’t believe it’s legal for UPS to mandate someone is tested before they return. That’s a violation of HIPAA. And if they did mandate that, they would have to pay that person until they can figure out a way to get tested.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Sure its legal. A public health issue. Similar to schools requiring kids be vaccinated.

9. ManInBrown

You cant just demand to be tested. They’ll be paying employees while they wait to be tested.

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

You said tested before they return. Why weren't they working?

11. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Just leave your cab area open and walk away to make a ‘delivery’. Let them take some shots of the filthy cab area.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. ManInBrown

I never said tested before they return. Someone else said that.

13. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

14. ManInBrown

15. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Coronavirus? What coronavirus?

Gotcha. 710 here. Just wanted to know if my local had it yet.

16. Son of ORION

Son of ORION New Member

This is really :censored2:ed up, You self quarantine because you got some fever and coughing...it could be the flu or a really bad cold. So you missed all those days at work trying to be responsible with your fellow sisters and brothers but the company refuses to pay emergency sick leave unless you are COVID-19 positive

17. jimdandy3

jimdandy3 WTC 7 didn't kill itself

18. tramtwo

tramtwo Member

So if a driver test positive UPS is going to communicate with all the people who they came in contact with in the prior two weeks?

I smell lawsuits coming.

19. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t count on it.

20. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Somebody "leaked" the message and sent it to the drivers in our hub letting us know of the positive test. If it wasn't for that I'm sure they wouldn't have said a word. Funny side note the driver who did test positive was pulled into a small office by the hub manager, saturday ground supervisor (I'm sure he does something else but that's all I know of) and another supervisor so they could rip his ass about attendance. Now those dip:censored2:s are in quarantine as well. Cdc says 6 feet? Nah that's not close enough for ups management.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List