Possible Pending DIscharge/Unfair Suspension?

Hello fellow boxers,
For context I enjoy UPS, the hours, pay, and people for the year and a half I've been there although here I'm stuck in a situation where management is clearing people out using misdemeanor issuing's and it's gotten around to be "my time". As insane as it is I believe I'm currently being accused for time theft, or at least from what I could tell although I haven't been notified verbally nor Witten notices. I understand the issue of time theft and the facts it's cardinal and that your Union can't protect you from such. Not to mention the fact time theft is #1 way a company loses money in terms of theft but besides the point, it would never slip my mind to intentionally attempt such yet I believe this is what I'm being accused of. To sum it up is this was a general slip-up and nothing intentional although if I'm accused for "cardinal dishonesty" can't I just say that I don't recall the timecard write-ins? Not to abuse but it states under dishonesty "an employees failure to accurately recall an during an investigatory interview shall not be itself considered dishonesty" and I can't say I don't recall but they've let me correct time cards twice before with no written nor verbal warnings... now this. I've already attempted to find my local unions addenda and supplemental and it appears they rely on the national agreement set in for 2018-2023. Help appreciated don't act like a supe. lol

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Hello fellow boxers,
For context I enjoy UPS, the hours, pay, and people for the year and a half I've been there although here I'm stuck in a situation where management is clearing people out using misdemeanor issuing's and it's gotten around to be "my time". As insane as it is I believe I'm currently being accused for time theft, or at least from what I could tell although I haven't been notified verbally nor Witten notices. I understand the issue of time theft and the facts it's cardinal and that your Union can't protect you from such. Not to mention the fact time theft is #1 way a company loses money in terms of theft but besides the point, it would never slip my mind to intentionally attempt such yet I believe this is what I'm being accused of. To sum it up is this was a general slip-up and nothing intentional although if I'm accused for "cardinal dishonesty" can't I just say that I don't recall the timecard write-ins? Not to abuse but it states under dishonesty "an employees failure to accurately recall an during an investigatory interview shall not be itself considered dishonesty" and I can't say I don't recall but they've let me correct time cards twice before with no written nor verbal warnings... now this. I've already attempted to find my local unions addenda and supplemental and it appears they rely on the national agreement set in for 2018-2023. Help appreciated don't act like a supe. lol
What did they say you did?
✊🧔

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello fellow boxers,
How much time did you try and steal?

Falsifying my timecard is 100% wrong and it wasn't on purpose nor will they even tell me if this is the exact reason (they've released SEVERAL employees the last weeks with this being the reason) not to mention they've allowed me to change nearly a whole HOUR difference as it was a general mistake and I had doubled the last couple days and just time mentally by an hour, so it's odd when that it's JUST NOW an issue when they haven't made an issue beforehand. My steward suggests claiming that "I don't recall" as it falls under as a 'safety' of the dishonesty cardinal and therefore they wouldn't be able to enforce disciplinary action just based off timecard errors.

Also they said it was a "security issue" and gave me no more info, no signings, nothing, just walked me out and now I'm all of a sudden suspended. Nor have I been contacted or updated the last 6 days on anything

Last edited: