Possible Pending DIscharge/Unfair Suspension?

Saca La

What is it?
Falsifying my timecard is 100% wrong and it wasn't on purpose nor will they even tell em if this is the exact reason (they've released SEVERAL employees the last weeks with this being the reason) not to mention they've allowed me to change nearly a whole HOUR difference as it was a general mistake and I had doubled the last couple days and just time mentally by an hour, so it's odd when that it's JUST NOW an issue when they haven't made an issue beforehand. My steward suggests claiming that "I don't recall" as it falls under as a 'safety' of the dishonesty cardinal and therefore they wouldn't be able to enforce disciplinary action just based off timecard errors.

Also they said it was a "security issue" and gave me no more info, no signings, nothing, just walked me out and now I'm all of a sudden suspended. Nor have I been contacted or updated the last 6 days on anything
Sounds like you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Falsifying my timecard is 100% wrong and it wasn't on purpose nor will they even tell em if this is the exact reason (they've released SEVERAL employees the last weeks with this being the reason) not to mention they've allowed me to change nearly a whole HOUR difference as it was a general mistake and I had doubled the last couple days and just time mentally by an hour, so it's odd when that it's JUST NOW an issue when they haven't made an issue beforehand. My steward suggests claiming that "I don't recall" as it falls under as a 'safety' of the dishonesty cardinal and therefore they wouldn't be able to enforce disciplinary action just based off timecard errors.

Also they said it was a "security issue" and gave me no more info, no signings, nothing, just walked me out and now I'm all of a sudden suspended. Nor have I been contacted or updated the last 6 days on anything
F3856CEE-48F2-476B-8C3F-F0920068F3B1.gif
53EF4B08-EC1D-4FA6-A79E-EE0A5FBA8D30.gif

Sounds like you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.
Can't lie :censored2: be like that and gifs man lmao? haha whatever, our Supplemental and Addenda for our Union states no matter the case of suspension/discharge that the Employer must notify the employee via signing of suspension and reasoning as to why if it's longer than 5 days. It's 6. And I don't mean to be that one to play the handbook but they never notified me via signing nor how long... I don't at all think I'm gonna be fired but after I get back I'm gonna have a rightful target on my back

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Can't lie :censored2: be like that and gifs man lmao? haha whatever, our Supplemental and Addenda for our Union states no matter the case of suspension/discharge that the Employer must notify the employee via signing of suspension and reasoning as to why if it's longer than 5 days. It's 6. And I don't mean to be that one to play the handbook but they never notified me via signing nor how long... I don't at all think I'm gonna be fired but after I get back I'm gonna have a rightful target on my back
1D200707-AB28-432D-8CD8-AD56EB5682C0.gif

I hope you don’t get fired. Good luck

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
What do you mean time card write ins?

Did you alter your paid day?

You can't use "I don't recall" to excuse dishonesty. You can use it to avoid making a statement that contradicts evidence or prior/future statements. If you altered your punch in to be paid for time when you were not working...You are toast if they have proof.

I hope you have filed a grievance.

Last edited:

upser2020

Just to play devils advocate from what it sounds like the op (mistakenly) thought his time card was wrong for a day, brought it up to a supervisor who said something to the effect of sure go ahead and fix it. The supervisor might have gotten blowback from letting an hourly adjust hours so the op might b kinda a scapegoat. As far as how he's editing his time it's not hard usually the supervisors login to the computer and leave it logged it so if he has watched anyone enter time it's easy to do. I could be way off base just a thought

What do you mean time card write ins?

Did you alter your paid day?

You can't use "I don't recall" to excuse dishonesty. You can use it to avoid making a statement that contradicts evidence or prior/future statements. If you altered your punch in to be paid for time when you were not working...You are toast if they have proof.

I hope you have filed a grievance.
When we double-shift we do write-ins instead of clock-ins to establish it was a double. I'm not able to alter my paid hours for the day as I miswrote my time-out by about 7 minutes (my best guess) and now being punished to this extent. I have filed a grievance as well as made no statements as I wasn't able to, more or less just walked right out no regards.

Just to play devils advocate from what it sounds like the op (mistakenly) thought his time card was wrong for a day, brought it up to a supervisor who said something to the effect of sure go ahead and fix it. The supervisor might have gotten blowback from letting an hourly adjust hours so the op might b kinda a scapegoat. As far as how he's editing his time it's not hard usually the supervisors login to the computer and leave it logged it so if he has watched anyone enter time it's easy to do. I could be way off base just a thought
Not off base, kind of in different field lol just kidding. I didn't need a supervisor to change my time, instead I'm being accused of time theft when it was a simple mis-clock in (since we write them down pen/paper for doubles) and the fact it was a couple mins over that's causing the pot to stir this much is just wild.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Not off base, kind of in different field lol just kidding. I didn't need a supervisor to change my time, instead I'm being accused of time theft when it was a simple mis-clock in (since we write them down pen/paper for doubles) and the fact it was a couple mins over that's causing the pot to stir this much is just wild.
If it’s only 7 minutes, they must not like you. You a slow (safe) worker ? Or you did something more sinister.

Box Ox

To sum it up is this was a general slip-up and nothing intentional although if I'm accused for "cardinal dishonesty" can't I just say that I don't recall the timecard write-ins? Not to abuse but it states under dishonesty "an employees failure to accurately recall an during an investigatory interview shall not be itself considered dishonesty" and I can't say I don't recall but they've let me correct time cards twice before with no written nor verbal warnings...

Sounds like the company has let you display a pattern of submitting incorrect timecards so you couldn't argue that it was just a mistake when the time came to nail you for doing it. Congratulations.

542thruNthru

When we double-shift we do write-ins instead of clock-ins to establish it was a double. I'm not able to alter my paid hours for the day as I miswrote my time-out by about 7 minutes (my best guess) and now being punished to this extent. I have filed a grievance as well as made no statements as I wasn't able to, more or less just walked right out no regards.
You not being able to "recall" doesn't stop them from firing you for dishonesty when you literally wrote down a inaccurate time that gave you more money.

How do you accidently "miswrite" a extra 7 minutes on your time card. Did you just guess the time? Seriously you had to have looked at a clock or something. You'll more than likely get your job back unless they have actual proof of the exact time you were supposed to be clocked out.

But really... Miswrote a extra 7 minutes lol.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
That is why I use the timesheet app on my phone to prevent bs like this from happening (it's always the other way around with me) Never tried to take advantage, I just want what's coming to me no more no less.The timesheet app helps me call them on their bs.If you don't lose your job I suggest using this app its free.
Hello fellow boxers,
For context I enjoy UPS, the hours, pay, and people for the year and a half I've been there although here I'm stuck in a situation where management is clearing people out using misdemeanor issuing's and it's gotten around to be "my time". As insane as it is I believe I'm currently being accused for time theft, or at least from what I could tell although I haven't been notified verbally nor Witten notices. I understand the issue of time theft and the facts it's cardinal and that your Union can't protect you from such. Not to mention the fact time theft is #1 way a company loses money in terms of theft but besides the point, it would never slip my mind to intentionally attempt such yet I believe this is what I'm being accused of. To sum it up is this was a general slip-up and nothing intentional although if I'm accused for "cardinal dishonesty" can't I just say that I don't recall the timecard write-ins? Not to abuse but it states under dishonesty "an employees failure to accurately recall an during an investigatory interview shall not be itself considered dishonesty" and I can't say I don't recall but they've let me correct time cards twice before with no written nor verbal warnings... now this. I've already attempted to find my local unions addenda and supplemental and it appears they rely on the national agreement set in for 2018-2023. Help appreciated don't act like a supe. lol

Back From Break
if I'm accused for "cardinal dishonesty" can't I just say that I don't recall the timecard write-ins?

Nope. You can say you don't recall the actual time you wrote, but that will not help you.

but they've let me correct time cards twice before with no written nor verbal warnings...

So, you seem to make a habit out of "miswriting" your times. No wonder they terminated you.

not to mention they've allowed me to change nearly a whole HOUR difference as it was a general mistake and I had doubled the last couple days and just time mentally by an hour,

Again, you've done this multiple times before. This is just not a one time occurrence.

so it's odd when that it's JUST NOW an issue when they haven't made an issue beforehand.

Maybe they finally got tired of you trying to steal money from them.

My steward suggests claiming that "I don't recall" as it falls under as a 'safety' of the dishonesty cardinal and therefore they wouldn't be able to enforce disciplinary action just based off timecard errors.

Find a different Steward.

I'm being accused of time theft when it was a simple mis-clock in (since we write them down pen/paper for doubles) and the fact it was a couple mins over that's causing the pot to stir this much is just wild.

A simple "mis-clock" is a one time occurrence, which I can understand. But this is not a one time occurrence. You have been caught doing this multiple times, and they have let you correct your "mis-clock."

How many times do you think they are going to let you try and steal money from them?

our Supplemental and Addenda for our Union states no matter the case of suspension/discharge that the Employer must notify the employee via signing of suspension and reasoning as to why if it's longer than 5 days. It's 6. And I don't mean to be that one to play the handbook but they never notified me via signing nor how long... I don't at all think I'm gonna be fired but after I get back I'm gonna have a rightful target on my back

What Supplement says 5 days? I know most say 10, but I do not know them all. If this is the case, yes, you will get your job back on a technicality.

I also think they will put you back to work. They are trying to make a point. They want to make you lose a couple weeks pay over 7 minutes to wake you up and make you quit trying to steal from them by "miswriting" your times. I mean, you seem to have a habit of doing this.

BrownSnowFlake

You need to track your time down to the minute. When in doubt round down. I'm sure you broke off to take a leak or eat a banana at some point. Sounds like management has been allowing some screwy timekeeping and perhaps you didn't know better. But it also sounds like they're looking for excuses to reduce their head count.

Good luck.

P. S. Don't adjust your own time card. It's a liability. Make your supervisors earn their money.

Last edited:
You need to track your time down to the minute. When in doubt round down. I'm sure you broke off to take a leak or eat a banana at some point. Sounds like management has been allowing some screwy timekeeping and perhaps you didn't know better. But it also sounds like they're looking for excuses to reduce their head count.

Good luck.

P. S. Don't adjust your own time card. It's a liability. Make your supervisors earn their money.

Seven minutes?

k5K94K.gif

That's a lot of bananas...

BrownSnowFlake

Seven minutes?

View attachment 353349

That's a lot of bananas...
I'm just saying it's better to leave a few minutes on the table than end up in OP's position facing suspension or termination. Not the way it's supposed to work but... welcome to Earth.

Some of the boomer BUGs on here will tell you to claim every penny and file every grievance. But when you end up on management's radar over a SEVEN MINUTE DISCREPANCY those same guys are a fart in the wind (best case) or actively throwing you under the bus (worst case). Just look at this very thread to see how quick they were to pile on OP instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello fellow boxers,
For context I enjoy UPS, the hours, pay, and people for the year and a half I've been there although here I'm stuck in a situation where management is clearing people out using misdemeanor issuing's and it's gotten around to be "my time". As insane as it is I believe I'm currently being accused for time theft, or at least from what I could tell although I haven't been notified verbally nor Witten notices. I understand the issue of time theft and the facts it's cardinal and that your Union can't protect you from such. Not to mention the fact time theft is #1 way a company loses money in terms of theft but besides the point, it would never slip my mind to intentionally attempt such yet I believe this is what I'm being accused of. To sum it up is this was a general slip-up and nothing intentional although if I'm accused for "cardinal dishonesty" can't I just say that I don't recall the timecard write-ins? Not to abuse but it states under dishonesty "an employees failure to accurately recall an during an investigatory interview shall not be itself considered dishonesty" and I can't say I don't recall but they've let me correct time cards twice before with no written nor verbal warnings... now this. I've already attempted to find my local unions addenda and supplemental and it appears they rely on the national agreement set in for 2018-2023. Help appreciated don't act like a supe. lol
I don’t recall lmao
Let us know how that works out