Possible termination "on topic"

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No. Ground under 10000 lbs are forbidden to have DOT numbers on them

You are required to obtain a USDOT number if you have a vehicle that:

• Is used to transport the types and quantities of hazardous materials requiring a safety permit in intrastate commerce (see 49 CFR 385.403). FMCSA.dot.gov
I guess the question is whether the individual vehicle has to be driving interstate, or whether the company itself is transporting haz in interstate commerce.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Thank goodness HD doesn't have to deal with hazmat or DGs... until that merge to all stations being co-locations, then I'll move on.

Slightly derail, but my state has more deadly accidents due to distracted driving than dui ... scary that I see more people on the roads texting or talking on their phones.

And a pot smoker caused a serious accident by not paying attention to the car in front of him... rear ended my brother in law to put him in the hospital for a couple of days

OrioN

No thanks... I'm on bumpy rural roads and my vehicle's cargo area will look like this when I'm moving:

yqrdjjq.gif

Hence I strap my stuff down

BoxDriver

Hazmat is no big deal. CODs are the real pain in the butt. Especially if it's a guaranteed funds at a business that doesn't speak English well.

OrioN

Son, I deliver in Iowa and Illinois. Learn to load (and drive) and you won't have that problem.
Shrugs, my training was null.... here's your scanner, there's your pile of boxes on the pallet, and here's your BUDGET rental truck, have@it!

whenIgetthere

I had a driver I had to let go for a failed drug test. He's a great driver now...for Express.

Found out through his mom that they don't do ransoms at Express. WTF?!?

They do randoms at Express, I've had at least five. All were when I was a swing, though. Haven't had one since taking a route. Once I was told it would be that afternoon, but the others, got message on powerpad to report to the facility within 60 minutes.

OrioN

That because you're not allowed to watch.:raspberry-tounge:
Pervert.
michelle-obama-ew-gif.gif

Butt, a random isn't announced in a gathering, just to the driver that got the short straw for the day.

I got told to report to the medical office once I'm done my preload. Got 2 hours to give the pea sample once I took the paperwork. <shrugs>