Possible to be package and feeder cover driver?

Anyone know if it is possible to be both a package and feeder cover driver? I have spent quite a bit of time at ups doing different things, was a seasonal feeder driver, unloaded, now I am a loader (not seasonal or temp) the ultimate goal is to get into feeders and there is a big demand where I am but I am sure a package bid sheet will come up first due to summer vacations coming up. So if I become a package cover driver, will I still be allowed to become a feeder cover driver when that time comes?
I'm not talking like 2 years from now I mean like if I do package now and a feeder cover spot is available this sept would they allow that or disqualify me?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
One problem might be timing as the big boys usually work nights.

I would like a driver like this if I were management.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You can be on the q list and still be a cover driver in your delivery center. When feeders needs you they'll bring you up for the week and when they don't you'll cover routes in delivery. Even if you're in delivery for the week you can still cover a day run if they need you to.

Nevermore1

When my husband first moved to feeders and was a cover driver on the q list he still bid for his regular route in delivery at bid time. If feeders didn't need him for the week he would go do his regular delivery route (of course feeders always said they needed him then didn't work him, not fun going without pay for a week or two).