Post Peak Peak

I don't even know what you are talking about. I don't even know you exist.

I bet you use that line a lot as a steward![/QUOTE]
What did I miss for you to insult me like this. What did I do. I commented to Dracula not you. Get over yourself. Almost every member that im in charge of has my phone number. I've got over 400 numbers in my iPhone. Is this how your steward is. I don't even know who you are. Sorry

My dad could beat your dad up.
I don't know if I missed something or someone is stupid or what. That dude needs to release and relax. Maybe have a beer. I'd do it for him but I'm taking the night off to rub the old ladies feet and scratch her back. Maybe ill get to release but I don't care either way. I'm really tired.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I don't know if I missed something or someone is stupid or what. That dude needs to release and relax. Maybe have a beer. I'd do it for him but I'm taking the night off to rub the old ladies feet and scratch her back. Maybe ill get to release but I don't care either way. I'm really tired.

Ouch. Sucks to be you!

Ill let old dogs lie. Have fun.

Apparently really old...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The good guys are the ones who go to an extreme to screw the company at every turn? I call them biters. As in they bite the hand that feeds them.

I am not one for getting rail roaded. But this is a business. You cant whine about them not following the contract just to turn around and ignore a fair days work for a fair days pay. It was meant to allow for different levels of physical abilities. Not to allow for some old grumpy dude with a grudge because some center manager yelled at him 25 years ago to milk the clock.

What can I say? You've got it all figured out, in nice, neat categories.

happybob

Feeders
So sad to see our union brothers think it's ok for the company to violate the contract they agreed to. Using preloaders, helpers, casuals or any other means to keep from adding good full-time seniority driver jobs is just not right. The volume must be planned for with the right amount of people(full time drivers) to handle that volume. The excuse now is post peak volume increase? Whats next? Valetines Day Flowers, Easter Bunny Basketts, Mothers Day Flowers, Fathers Day Socks and Ties and any other time of year that the volume is to high allows them to use helpers. They would love to have full time, year roung helpers, since it's much cheaper than paying a full-time seniority driver. If they get to allow helpers whenever it suits them, where does it stop?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So sad to see our union brothers think it's ok for the company to violate the contract they agreed to. Using preloaders, helpers, casuals or any other means to keep from adding good full-time seniority driver jobs is just not right. The volume must be planned for with the right amount of people(full time drivers) to handle that volume. The excuse now is post peak volume increase? Whats next? Valetines Day Flowers, Easter Bunny Basketts, Mothers Day Flowers, Fathers Day Socks and Ties and any other time of year that the volume is to high allows them to use helpers. They would love to have full time, year roung helpers, since it's much cheaper than paying a full-time seniority driver. If they get to allow helpers whenever it suits them, where does it stop?

This is already happening in some areas. Per the Central States supplement: "In situations of emergency and/or volume fluctuations, in order to provide customer commitment, part-time employees by agreementwith the local union, will be allowed to work as driver helpers outside the months of November and December." If volume soars for a single day (or two) because of Valentine Day flowers, I see nothing wrong with the company using helpers (it's not desirable for the company or employee to have them promoted to FT for less-than-minimal use). I see nothing wrong with the company using helpers now -- in my center, yesterday's volume ranks within the top-10 of the season, and sometime within the next two weeks -- if history repeats itself -- will crash to the top-10 lowest of the year. What I do have a problem with is the company laying off drivers and employing massive herds of helpers. Thankfully that isn't happening. (I also oppose the Company adding herds of helpers to the mall beginning every AUGUST and using them through now. but I digress.)

happybob

Feeders
Promote more parttime employees to full time, pay them fulltime wages and benefits and keep the hours down to an 8.5/9 hours plan day. They have the ability to lay off fulltime employees when the volume is down and they bump back into 2 parttime jobs. They use the helpers to keep from having to pay fulltimers premium pay. They are making billions in profit each year and can afford to creat more fulltime jobs.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Promote more parttime employees to full time, pay them fulltime wages and benefits and keep the hours down to an 8.5/9 hours plan day. They have the ability to lay off fulltime employees when the volume is down and they bump back into 2 parttime jobs. They use the helpers to keep from having to pay fulltimers premium pay. They are making billions in profit each year and can afford to creat more fulltime jobs.

I agree completely that the Company needs to hire enough FTers to cover its workload. But it's silly to overstaff & layoff. When the economy crashed we had more than 30 FTers laid off -- guess how many choose to pull doubles (hint: ryhmes with "hero.")

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our center was absolutely slammed today. We all went out with Peak dispatches--they even called in a Peak driver and 22.3 to pull routes. Our mall driver banged in and the cover driver was screwed---there were more pkgs outside the pkg car than inside, including the trailer. 183 stops, 549 pkgs, 28 P/U's, 143 pkgs. No send-agains. Off on Monday.

So all isn't always good in the bubble?

texan

just how do you milk the clock? I need to know some pointers
Milk-Clock--20812_zps81b62167.jpg

S

serenity now

We got hit heavy again, just about everybody had a Helper today. I had to give mine up to a another driver that had a no-show Helper. We got out of the building 30 minutes late because the Preload went down late, everybody had late air. We had six trailers that didn't even get processed. We were told that Monday and Tuesday will be worse.

something to look forward to :anxious:

gorilla75jdw

wake up people , DO NOT start asking for seasonels and helpers to be added for a couple , few more weeks . Instead , demand that the company create more full time jobs for these areas . Do not forget where you came from , and what it took to get t where your at . Your brothers want and need a full time opportunity just like you did . The minute we start caving to extra weeks of help and seasonels , is the minute U.P.S. starts taking advantage of our contract thus stealing our jobs right from under our noses . Dont be selfish , you got your seniorty .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, suppose that the company agrees with you and creates more FT jobs in response to seasonal demands----what do you suppose that they do with these employees during our slow times?