Post your Diad summary, Lets see how bad you got porked this week

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wait. What? What kinda PC can fit that many pieces?
You guys don't have any box truck routes?
4132961758_79f35183a2_z.jpg

35years

Gravy route
I am #1 on our list so I have my pick of routes.

We also bid every two years.

I would love to bid a "retirement route" but we no longer have any of those.
Retirement routes need to be defended by the driver.
-No working off the clock, including look-ups, setting up, paperwork etc..
-No running at all, ever. Consistent pace everyday. Even when you "need" to be off.
-9.5 grievances filled every time there is a violation. And no giving in to "we will try to keep your stops down"...Demand the penalty pay every time.

They tried to bump my 85 stop route up to 115. Months, and years of above methods brought count back down. including going to panel over overtime.

Retirement routes don't continue to be so unless the driver defends it.
A runner-gunner can ruin any route.

Last edited:

MrFeeder

Friday's run.
I tend to snap the stylus off the boards due to some rude customers rudely throwing or just dropping it onto the board without handing it back to me nicely. I find it quite funny of how many people actually signs the board with an ink pen. It tells me a lot about a person. Lol

sandwich

The resident gearhead
What a nightmare!!!!
Before I transferred out of state I actually won a retirement big truck route. I'm 33 and I would have sat on that route for freaking ever. Leaving That route was the only thing making me question my transfer. I did 4 deliveries and 6 to 7 pickups. It was the easiest 9-10 hour day ever. There was like 18 names on the bid sheet. All the old guys signed it. No one with less then 25 years seniority signed the bid sheet, except for me. For one reason or another they all said no and I actually won the route. I delivered around 500-700 pieces. Picked up 1200 or more. All on pallets. Just back up to the dock grab a pallet jack and wheel the pallets in. I miss that route.