Posting Preload Start Times

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The PT's on our preload are never given any notice for start times on Fridays. It's a day-to-day thing. No wonder morale is also at an all-time low. :D This is where it's nice being FT and having a set start time. But I do feel bad for the preloaders who's start time are adjusted on a whim with less than 24 hours notice.

Set start times?

Starting Monday our start times are 9, 9:40, 9:40, 9:25 and 9:25. Sucks.

browntroll

i hate it when they do this, they dont give you or post start time but then give you a dumb look when you come in late.
last time i walked in late i had a sup i knew tell me i was late, i told him i didnt care not my fault.
on fridays they want me off the clock after my break so im not gonna stick around and look for a sup off the clock
to ask for the start time, its their job to tell me before i leave.

Chemo

They need to give you 24 hours notice of a start time change. And you should have never given them your cell phone number. Texting start times is unacceptable

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Only because they let it happen.
The reasoning was the stewards found out that if they fight w/ the contract language for posting start times, UPS will schedule everyone to start as late as possible in retaliation and adjust upward from there. As it is, preloaders get more hours on the clock this way.

Upstate - this is a preload thread, I was talking about FT preloaders and combos. You don't have to interject something off-topic about yourself into every conversation around you.

browntroll

next time your sups text you the start time, text them back you're calling in sick.
they stopped letting us text our sup saying we are gonna be sick or late now they want us to call the
number on our id, its only fair we tell them the samething about our start time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
next time your sups text you the start time, text them back you're calling in sick.
they stopped letting us text our sup saying we are gonna be sick or late now they want us to call the
number on our id, its only fair we tell them the samething about our start time.
i don't mind if they post tge start time the week before for 330 and then text me the day before to come in at 3. But when it's not in my favor....we should have 24hr notice of the change.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here the start times are posted for the following week in Friday and UPS can't later change unless its an Act of God type situation. They can ask you to start earlier but if they do you get OT for every minute earlier than original posted start time, and if you don't come in early it won't count as a late. Similarly that can try to start you later but you can point to the posted start times and say no.

blkmamba

Our management team did this about a year ago. They would not post a start time and text everyone about five hours before the shift. One night they forgot to text everyone and half the shift didn't come in out of spite. Between that and a ton go grievances start times were posted again.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our management team did this about a year ago. They would not post a start time and text everyone about five hours before the shift. One night they forgot to text everyone and half the shift didn't come in out of spite. Between that and a ton go grievances start times were posted again.
I went in before 3Am this morning...and claimed I never got my pt sup's text. center manager let me clock in at 3am

blkmamba

I went in before 3Am this morning...and claimed I never got my pt sup's text. center manager let me clock in at 3am
That's what my smarter employees would do. My dumber ones would come in when I text them, even after I said they should file because they were given less than 24 hours notice. As a former sup, it was annoying not knowing what time I was suppose to be there.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's what my smarter employees would do. My dumber ones would come in when I text them, even after I said they should file because they were given less than 24 hours notice. As a former sup, it was annoying not knowing what time I was suppose to be there.
It is annoying...i asked my sup when i left what time tomorow? Uhh...I'll text you. Okaaaay...

oldngray

nowhere special
It is annoying...i asked my sup when i left what time tomorow? Uhh...I'll text you. Okaaaay...

Same Bat time? Same Bat channel?
same_bat-time_same_bat-channel.png

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We call a voicemail box and leave a message to call off. But i always text my sup also...just to cover my :censored2:.

EmraldArcher

In the (almost) nine years I have been with UPS I have worked on all three shifts and there has NEVER been start times posted for anything other then the next day.