Posts removed from: Any one have more info on this driver

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Re: Any one have more info on this driver

TIE i'v seen drivers blamed for everything, the driver has maybe a mili second to make a decision and you can sit around a board room with the rest of the s.s officers for hours to decide what he could of done.when you look at it every thing could of been avoided,but ups does go to the extreme. how bout the feeder driver who was rolling over that bridge in minn. or the pkg cars parked in or around the world trade center!!!! THATS RIGHT, GIVE YOU GUYS AN HOUR IN THE CONFRENCE ROOM WITH DONUTS AND YOU;LL FIND AWAY TO BLAME THEM!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

upsgrunt

An avoidable accident is one that you should have done something different according to the methods. I got in 2 unavoidable accidents this year. A head on and a hit while parked. The only thing I could have done differently was not be there at that time.

I thought all head on's were avoidable; that is how it is here. I rear ended a car at peak 2 years ago because my foot slipped off the brake twice and it was ruled avoidable. It was my understanding that anything that happens in front of you is avoidable because you should have seen it coming. Maybe since you are a "package messiah/superdriver" they let you get away with more.

siouxman

siouxman

Hey Danny, long time no see :)

Good question about the family of that driver. Hopefully someone will have some info.
thanks for sticking this at the top Ill be sending my donation and his family will be in my prayers

Last edited:

browned out

the company representative that threw it out should either be fired for throwing it out or fired for presenting it when it was not needed.

I don't know the details of your case SL but you have to be carefull when dispensing the above advice because it can get someone fired. When we have an accident and determine it avoidable. We will review it with you and the safety committe. we will train you on what you should have done differently to prevent that type of accident. At that point if after being retrained you try to tell us that you could do nothing different and would do nothing different then you just put yourself into the arena of refusing management instruction and training.

Rookie your advice icould be dangerous and get someone fired. You have to be carefull when using this message board in your efforts to spread your deep seated hatred for the company that you do not offer advice that gets someone fired.

Come on Fryguy
9:00 at night. I drove in new sub that was mostly still under construction with a split entrance (one way on either side of a island) Fine on the way in. On the way out I hid a power line and tore a 2 foot by 4 foot hole in the fiberglass roof.

I could not see this at night. It was unavoidable yet I was going to be charged with an avoidable. The next day the oncar and I went for the safety ride, he asked me if there was anything I would have done diff that would have prevented this. I told him no.

Next day I told the center manager I would grieve this because it was unavoidable. The guy was a hard ass but he knew he would lose this and he threw out warning notice.

Grieve anything that is unjust.

3 avoidables in 9 months and you are terminated. If it is avoidable fine. But don't take this hit if you did nothing wrong.

browned out

By the way fryguy

I love this company. I bleed Brown.

I am not a slacker or TDUer. I went out blind and learned every rte in our center (40 routes) in my first 2 years while other swing drivers would whine their way out of going out blind or make a sup go with them. I am not bitter at UPS.

I am a 19 year UPS Hall of Fame vet. In the hub I was in the top three at pieces per hour whether it was loading, unloading or sorting. When I was swing driving my talent roster or knowledge sheet was full of checks showing I know every route in the center. What does this get me? A warning notice for something that was not my fault.
Don't ever question my company loyalty or work ethic unless you want to brown up for more than a 3 day ride and see what really powers this company. Dedication

If UPS is wrong Grieve it

upsman29

By the way fryguy

I am not a slacker or TDUer. I went out blind and learned every rte in our center (40 routes) in my first 2 years while other swing drivers would whine their way out of going out blind or make a sup go with them. I am not bitter at UPS.

I am a 19 year UPS Hall of Fame vet. In the hub I was in the top three at pieces per hour whether it was loading, unloading or sorting. When I was swing driving my talent roster or knowledge sheet was full of checks showing I know every route in the center. What does this get me? A warning notice for something that was not my fault.
Don't ever question my company loyalty or work ethic unless you want to brown up for more than a 3 day ride and see what really powers this company. Dedication

If UPS is wrong Grieve it
Are you out of your mind ? You know what all that self proclaimed knowledge and 50 cent get you? A phone call and please use it to call someone who cares because noone on this site cares if you tote your truck on your back to save gas while delivering 50 stops an hr covering a whole loop by yourself....Bleed whatever color you want, I like and enjoy my job also but people like you make me wanna go postal on somebody.....

browned out

Are you out of your mind ? You know what all that self proclaimed knowledge and 50 cent get you? A phone call and please use it to call someone who cares because noone on this site cares if you tote your truck on your back to save gas while delivering 50 stops an hr covering a whole loop by yourself....Bleed whatever color you want, I like and enjoy my job also but people like you make me wanna go postal on somebody.....

I was young and still had the notion that it might get me somewhere. Point being I have no deep hatred for ups or I would not keep working here.

By the way at ups we go parcel

tieguy

Banned

tieguy-
How about the company just pay us all to stay at home? Staying at home greatly increases the probability that we will not have an accident.

The company is always gonna pull some excuse out of their lower extremities as to why the driver was at fault. The driver can not control every aspect of what other drivers will or won't do. We also can't read minds although there are some supervisors who, apparently, can.

Trick your point is out of context to my post. Were you having a moment? Do you need a napkin so you clean up?

tieguy

Banned

Come on Fryguy

you intentionally misspelled my name. This means I got your goat. I'm scoring points over you my weak minded friend. For someone who used to shine the district managers shoes you seem to razzle easy.

tieguy

Banned

By the way fryguy

Ching ching more points for me.

roflmao

you're my hero.

I am a 19 year UPS Hall of Fame vet.

wow hall of fame. You da man!! can you send us all some autographed packages? Where is this hall located?

In the hub I was in the top three at pieces per hour whether it was loading, unloading or sorting.

how many did you throw an hour. How many did ya break hall of famer? this is good.

When I was swing driving my talent roster or knowledge sheet was full of checks showing I know every route in the center.

wow did you get smiley faces next to your checks?

What does this get me? A warning notice for something that was not my fault.

never is your fault. Its always mine for telling you to stop throwing those packages.

yep you in da hall of fame. you got checks and smiley faces. Did they get a genetic sample of you yet so we can produce a race of super human package throwers? I got to visit this hall of fame. where's it located?

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Are we forgeting something? This thread was about a upser who lost his life while working. Does it honestly matter who was to blame? Will it bring him back? Will it ease the pain for his family? Friends? Coworkers? Grow up and take your fights somewhere else! Not every thread here is meant for infighting amongst upsers!

satellitedriver

Are we forgeting something? This thread was about a upser who lost his life while working. Does it honestly matter who was to blame? Will it bring him back? Will it ease the pain for his family? Friends? Coworkers? Grow up and take your fights somewhere else! Not every thread here is meant for infighting amongst upsers!
True, but I have yet to see a thread that doesn't morph.

browned out

Sorry

TDU>>>Too much dedication for me......couple things...climb off the soap box second walk at a brisk pace dont run run, third drive safely and fourth TAKE YOUR LUNCHES AND BREAKS!!!

browned out

Can you please make the last post on this page on how to financially help the deceased drivers family.

Thanks

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Good idea browned out... thanks for the suggestion.

I split off most of the posts in the original thread and created this new thread. The donation info is the last post in the original thread and that thread has been closed.