Pottery Barn Must Die...

helenofcalifornia

The Fedex driver was soooo... happy to hear years ago that they had lost the account and UPS now had it. We all know why. Pottery Barn has to be delivered before 10a.m. in our center which is a real pain in the butt for that driver. I hope UPS is making a lot of money on this account.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ever now & then UPS makes a slow Saturday into a Pottery Barn Day. Now try to picture a bunch of kids ( p/t sat air drivers ) filling up their cars with all this bulk & then attempting to actually get rid if it. Sadly many stops are marked " nsn " and left for mondays.:dissapointed:

upsgrunt

I think it's funny when you happen to drive by a house that a rookie has already delivered one of those huge Pottery Barn boxes to and you can see it clear as day by the front door with a 2 foot by 1 foot mat on top of it. THAT'S a good release! The mat makes it special!

I think it's funny when you happen to drive by a house that a rookie has already delivered one of those huge Pottery Barn boxes to and you can see it clear as day by the front door with a 2 foot by 1 foot mat on top of it. THAT'S a good release! The mat makes it special!

The mat is like a hat to keep it dry.:wink2:

Big Babooba

I had a delivery once that had 2 PB boxes the size of caskets. They took up the middle of a P1000. I made it my 4th stop after Penneys, Walmart and Barnes & Noble. Nobody was home so I left them by the garage. On another route, I was given a 45 package bulk stop for a vacuum cleaner dealer. It bulked out my 700. As I was unloading, the owner noticed a crushed corner on one box and refused the whole shipment. He would not accept the other packages no matter what I did to get him to take them. I scanned them all in as refused and threw my air in the cab (they were all letters). I reloaded the truck and called the center to bring up an empty as I was dead in the water after I did my air.Another driver who had a less than half full 1000 met me and took care of my problem.

old levi's

blank space

That's the same logic that a little child uses when they have done something wrong and they close their eyes tightly so you can't find them.

filthpig

About 4 weeks ago the guy next to me go 2 PB boxes that were the size of refrigerators only taller. They had to use a bob truck to deliver them because you could not fit both on a P1000.

upsdude

Fortunately my house call areas aren’t really the Pottery Barn type. LOL. I’m with the others though, DR driveway.

Think about it this way, thieves are lazy by nature, no way in *ell they’re going to use any energy carrying a PB box.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I wish to apologize to anyone I may have offended with the title of my post "Pottery Barn Must Die"

Although I had assumed this would be understood by anyone with the intelligence of a turnip, I of course wish no ill-will towards any pottery barn employees, UPS salespeople, cardboard box manufacturers, or whoever packed the bathroom-sized box on my truck last Thursday.

Pottery Barn, as well as all UPS customers, are the ones that indirectly pay my salary by sending these wino-condos thru our system, and I wish to express here and now that my comments were immature, foolish, and thoughtless.

I sincerely apologize for having offended the UPS salesperson, Pottery Barn, UPS, other posters, dead people, and winos.

M

(This is in response to an actual complaint I received regarding my thread title, which I at first thought was a joke. It was not)

helenofcalifornia

You are kidding me about someone complaining about this thread?? People getting a little too sensitive in here, or should we say, "politically correct." Lighten up people, it was meant as a joke. And the doormat on top of the PB boxes is funny. A little hat. Cute!

Lobofan5

That is the BEST thread title I have ever read on here.

I spent every Tuesday last peak unloading the pottery barn trailer and scanning the 17,999 packages on it.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Seems like PB delivery is always one of the last stops of the day. Running a rural route you cannot just break off route to get it off the truck. So you end up having to pull it out several times a day to get the other bulk out of your truck then load it back in. By the time you deliver it the dust covering it makes it look like it was shipped from tomb.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Seems like PB delivery is always one of the last stops of the day. Running a rural route you cannot just break off route to get it off the truck. So you end up having to pull it out several times a day to get the other bulk out of your truck then load it back in. By the time you deliver it the dust covering it makes it look like it was shipped from tomb.
I have driven 25 miles off trace to get rid of a Pottery Barn order. I remember one time when the packages were pretty beat up and I couldnt take the chance that the customer would refuse them and leave me buried....so I was as quiet as possible until I unloaded the last one, then I rang the bell and ran like hell to get back to the truck before they came to the door.