Poverty And The Allure of the “Strongman”

floridays

In my extensive experience, misogyny is derived from one of the two following conditions being met 1) getting laid too much 2) not getting laid enough.

Something tells me the latter is applicable in your particular case.

I guess being a lonely piece of :censored2: has it’s advantages though. Sheltering in place is probably your average day, so getting through the pandemic is probably a walk in the park for you.
You speak of personal experience, you noted extensive. Have you actually run across one male that hated women?
This is a clinical question for you. Yes or no would be the only available answer.
I'll build on that answer.
You've never sat in the box I see.

newfie

I moved well beyond FedEx and work for myself. I finished college while I worked FT. FedEx was just a job, and a means to and end. Doing very well financially, thank you. Once Covid-19 is out of the way, I'll know which direction to head next.
yep sure

floridays

Real estate is a complete unknown right now. Values could drop dramatically or not, depending on how long this lasts. Nobody wants to even look at a home now, much less buy one.
Depends on if one is looking for a home or investment.
Enjoy motel 6, just stay in California, we'll leave the lights on ...... maybe.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
A lot of the posters on the BC that blithely accept Trump’s “strongman” persona have professed that they grew up in poverty.

Is there a connection?

Were you hoping for a “strongman” to show up after your daddy stepped out for some smokes to help stabilize your childhood?

I actually have some pretty interesting stats from my dissertation if you are interested.

XOXO,

Meat

First off, this "strongman" term you're using is simply a thinly veiled alternative for "father figure". It has been long understood that good fathers are essential for properly functioning families, which are the building blocks for a properly functioning society.

The connection between fatherlessness and poverty is also well understood. It is sad that you mock the pain of those who grew up without fathers. Especially since many fatherless people are so because the government has been sending generation after generation of fathers and would-be fathers to die in over a century of one war after another. This required the government to step in and replace the father for war widows and orphans. Once that started, opportunistic politicians, mostly democrats, continued to promise expansion of the programs meant to take care of war widows, and offered them to all single mothers.

In this way, the government has slowly been edging fathers out of families, which has lead to many of the problems our society faces today. You mock people growing up without fathers for looking for a father figure in their lives, which is a natural human condition.

You and yours created the perfect conditions for what you are describing, and you condescend to those who merely want their birthright, someone to show them how to be men? Leftists hate men, they can't fill that void.

Last edited:

It will be fine

First off, this "strongman" term you're using is simply a thinly veiled alternative for "father figure". It has been long understood that good fathers are essential for properly functioning families, which are the building blocks for a properly functioning society.

The connection between fatherlessness and poverty is also well understood. It is sad that you mock the pain of those who grew up without fathers. Especially since many fatherless people are so because the government has been sending generation after generation of fathers and would-be fathers to die in over a century of one war after another. This required the government to step in and replace the father for war widows and orphans. Once that started, opportunistic politicians, mostly democrats, continued to promise expansion of the programs meant to take care of war widows, and offered them to all single mothers.

In this way, the government has slowly been edging fathers out of families, which has lead to many of the problems our society faces today. You mock people growing up without fathers for looking for a father figure in their lives, which is a natural human condition.

You and yours created the perfect conditions for what you are describing, and you condescend to those who merely want their birthright, someone to show them how to be men? Leftists hate men, they can't fill that void.
2E96D118-521D-4B09-AAF8-F00FBFBF8ECE.png

Re-Raise

They need something from him! I have never cared about any politician as much as they care about him.

Policy means nothing now... the “base” is all-in on everything he does.

You might be on to something Meat

bacha29

So you're saying the democrats have a vested interest in seeing the pandemic really take off in the US? Interesting point, I would never have thought of that.
Nothing of the sort. The American people have little patience when things start going bad and the arrival of a promised positive outcome is running behind schedule.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The American people have little patience when things start going bad and the arrival of a promised positive outcome is running behind schedule.
Bingo.
All these people criticizing the response will soon be unable to pay their bills, and their patience about these shutdowns will end.

The Democrats have miscalculated, their fear mongering will backfire.

newfie

Bingo.
All these people criticizing the response will soon be unable to pay their bills, and their patience about these shutdowns will end.

The Democrats have miscalculated, their fear mongering will backfire.

you know its a matter of time before the dems try to straddle the fence and blame trump for our economic woe