Power Pad Updates?

SmithBarney

Except that doesn't give you credit for a stop.
Doesn't matter to me

No, but I've seen people fired for not achieving their SPH.
We don't have the firewall of union representation that you do.
Never seen it happen 15+ yrs many stations, in fact the only ones I've seen fired are those who fail to show up to work, and thieves.

I’ve never heard of anyone getting fired for bad SPH. That must have been in addition to whatever else they did wrong.
Exactly, those fired, were already heading down that road for other issues.

MassWineGuy

A former manager told me a few years ago that couriers received gap reports each month. I’d rarely seen any til then. I may have seen or been told about one since. My current manager told me I have the highest sph in our work group. My route has very little gap time in any case. Unless gaps are an hour or so, it’s hard to see someone being fired over sph. I guess if you got written up enough.

I had an active warning letter that expired earlier this month for backing into someone in a parking lot. Not good, but not related to sph.

whenIgetthere

A former manager told me a few years ago that couriers received gap reports each month. I’d rarely seen any til then. I may have seen or been told about one since. My current manager told me I have the highest sph in our work group. My route has very little gap time in any case. Unless gaps are an hour or so, it’s hard to see someone being fired over sph. I guess if you got written up enough.

I had an active warning letter that expired earlier this month for backing into someone in a parking lot. Not good, but not related to sph.

SPH is usually higher in more compact routes, and if it's a pick up route, then it must be very tight.

SmithBarney

Gap reports are daily, I don't know of a cumulative gap report, either way gap reports are IMO one of the best tools we have, some managers love them, some hate them.

If you can justify a gap,(sometimes the gap time just doesn't add up with the actual time it takes to get to the next stop) then the manager will go on their way, if you have a 10minute gap going from 101main to 103main, then the manager can chat with ya, until you explain that 103 is on the other side of divided 4 lane main street, deliveries to alley only.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Gap reports are daily, I don't know of a cumulative gap report, either way gap reports are IMO one of the best tools we have, some managers love them, some hate them.

If you can justify a gap,(sometimes the gap time just doesn't add up with the actual time it takes to get to the next stop) then the manager will go on their way, if you have a 10minute gap going from 101main to 103main, then the manager can chat with ya, until you explain that 103 is on the other side of divided 4 lane main street, deliveries to alley only.
And, of course, you LOVE the micromanagement, and needing total recall of each day in order to keep your job.

vantexan

I had an on the ball mgr that wanted explanation for every gap. Got tiresome explaining stopping to pee.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I used to use the customer held me up asking "why the Ground guy mis-delivered their package/didn't pick-up the last 3 days/was rude/ had bad hygene etc" reasons whenever a manager would question my gap.

Used to hear an earful about that stuff the truth be told.

BoxDriver

Us Ground guys hear the same stuff about Express not picking up their stuff as well. One place I pick up from had at least 20 Express packages sitting for a few days he says he’s called in twice. In most cases these days it’s the shippers messing up and blaming it on Fedex.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had one pickup stop where the Ground prepaid returns would sit there for days on end. It became a running joke when I would walk over and "dust them off", reminding the staff that they would have already been picked up and delivered had they gone with us.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Yup. If you're doing your work properly, a gap report protects you. If not, it indicts you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And, of course, you LOVE the micromanagement, and needing total recall of each day in order to keep your job.

It shouldn't be difficult. If there are stops that typically cause unusual delays (Cletus at the security gate is really slow, a stop is on the other side of a rail crossing and sometimes there's a train stopped on the tracks, delivery address is on the 7th floor and the elevator is slow, etc.) you would probably already know what's going to attract the attention of a manager looking at your gap report.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It shouldn't be difficult. If there are stops that typically cause unusual delays (Cletus at the security gate is really slow, a stop is on the other side of a rail crossing and sometimes there's a train stopped on the tracks, delivery address is on the 7th floor and the elevator is slow, etc.) you would probably already know what's going to attract the attention of a manager looking at your gap report.
Do you have someone reviewing and second guessing everything you do, daily? And then having to justify your every minute?

Kinda says your manager believes you lack integrity.

Kinda demeaning, don’t you agree?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You can use those gap reports for toilet paper.