Power Pad Updates?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It still makes me laugh that anyone cares THAT much about numbers.

I agree. Never understood why anyone fudged their numbers, other than to avoid termination.

You say your goal isn't accurate. In order to make your goal, you do something to fudge your numbers. You keep saying your goal isn't accurate and your manager says, "You're hitting your goal. Don't see a problem." No one's gonna believe that your goal isn't attainable when you pull this kind of crap to attain it.

59 Dano

I assume that you request the walk up to make sure the package gets an origin scan. Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to either add it to a letter box pickup or a scheduled pickup stop? Is the credit that you get for the walk up really worth all of that effort?

The walkup stop is to get an accurate estimation of the time/location of the pickup. I say an estimation because you're probably going to be down the road by the time dispatch sends you the pickup and you perform the scan.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They are out there being used. We were told our station was too small to get them now. We might see them next summer, the sm said. Ground has them.

They're pretty fast and updates quickly when there's a software glitch...

I'm using CpC a lot as well as calling pickups on where's their stuff when I arrive.

texting neighboring drivers to see if they have my missing package (preload mis sort)
sketch-1574384115667.png

My driver next to me even uses emojis??? LoL, he's not even black, so I dunno y he used that emoji.

I use text to speech function so I'm chatting to the powerpad all day between stops

whenIgetthere

That doesn't answer my question. Providing an AB # it's not going to stop somebody from patting their stops.

Didn't say it would stop everyone, but it will stop some. Me, I don't care about numbers, if I'm on my PU cycle, I will PUP a walk up with a regular or a box. Only time I ask for a walk up is during my delivery cycle.

MAKAVELI

Didn't say it would stop everyone, but it will stop some. Me, I don't care about numbers, if I'm on my PU cycle, I will PUP a walk up with a regular or a box. Only time I ask for a walk up is during my delivery cycle.
Paid by the hour bro. Pup it where it is given to you. Management also wants walk-ups to be scanned at location.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So emojis are used based upon one's race? I never knew that.

That's not the point... he's using the touch screen to type, I have to let him know to hit the microphone icon and just talk as u walk off a stop.

I'm seeing this similar powerpad at Wal-Mart, and a grocery store, plus other big box stores, so it's very versatile

SmithBarney

Couriers were getting a few pieces from a stop at ABC Co. at 123 Main St, asking for a walkup and scanning some of the packages under the ABC Co stop and the rest under the walkup - getting credit for 2 stops when they only made 1. The AWB number will also give you the account number. If you're fudging your stops, it is a way to detect it. Some areas still require the AWB# for a walkup, some don't.

I just use the insert stop(or pickupscan) option(I think that's the one on the pup screen), I can't wait 45minutes for dispatch to reply...

vantexan

No, but I've seen people fired for not achieving their SPH.
We don't have the firewall of union representation that you do.
They must've been pretty bad to get fired. All I ever saw was using the SPH as a carrot-on-a-stick with veiled threats. And if you achieved those goals they made the goals harder.

59 Dano

I’ve never heard of anyone getting fired for bad SPH. That must have been in addition to whatever else they did wrong.

Same here. Only cases I've known of were guys who had enough active warning letters/performance reminders on file that one more would get them fired. That "one more" was for not hitting SPH, and they got that "one more" after a few OLCCs, a documented verbal counseling, and a decision day.