Prayers for Birmingham facility

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The weirdest management mentality I've ever witnessed in my life time of employment.
We should all get along and be treated as equals and treated with respect ~ not you against me ~

I wonder what the union representative has to say about this situation ?

BTW Newbie on this forum so don't beat me up ;-)
I never understood the adversarial relationship either Brn.
It is a two-way street that is egged-on by the Union with the employees stuck in the middle.
I never worked for another Union company but they were not like UPS.
It seems to be a part of the culture.
It use to be like that in the Northeast and Chicago but not as much elsewhere.
There are a few "bubbles of goodness" but one wonders how long before they burst as well.

JackStraw

For the guy to think that this was the solution to his situation is really sad. 3 families have been destroyed here and that sucks. We used to joke around about someone going "postal' at UPS. My answer was always, "It takes a certain type of person to work for UPS, and they don't do that type of thing" I'm sure there is a lot more to this story that will eventually come out.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not that she didnt believe. maybe she thought I was exaggerating.

Nobody outside of BROWN, Really understands.
They have no idea G what we deal with on an everyday basis. Were all grownazz men and women. Most of us don't need to be belittled and treated like children. All we want to do is do our jobs and be respected. Is that too much for these :censored2: idiots to understand?

wayfair

swollen member
They have no idea G what we deal with on an everyday basis. Were all grownazz men and women. Most of us don't need to be belittled and treated like children. All we want to do is do our jobs and be respected. Is that too much for these :censored2: idiots to understand?
BAMM

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I told a guy at work right after the fedex guy went ballistic earlier this year or whenever it was, is its going to happen at UPS here before you know it. And im sad to say that my intuition came true today unfortunately.
You do realize this has happened many times at UPS before?
It happened in my building over 25 years ago.
Back in the "good old days" when everyone was buddies and we sang Cumbayah each morning.

Re-Raise

Maybe It is just a job. but for many,we grew up here,spent our whole entire adult life here.
I started at UPS when I was 20 years old, and I have 29 years in now.

I am also a cancer survivor who held my little girls when they were little and prayed to God that I would live to see them grow up. He gave the chance to see his daughters grow up away.

I'll say it again ... It is just a :censored2:ing job

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Suicide is just so gut wrenching. Just hit a bridge, make it look like an accident. I mean dont do it anyways, but if you must dont make others suffer, more.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For the guy to think that this was the solution to his situation is really sad. 3 families have been destroyed here and that sucks. We used to joke around about someone going "postal' at UPS. My answer was always, "It takes a certain type of person to work for UPS, and they don't do that type of thing" I'm sure there is a lot more to this story that will eventually come out.
I guess you wont be saying that anymore will you.
Obviously, you were mistaken to begin with as this happens at UPS all too frequently.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We wonder why it happens all the time here. This aint a shot at you Photog, but we work for a bunch of :censored2:s plain and simple. They don't give a dam about their employees at all. And they wonder why this stuff happens. Time to change the culture at this place. Their making billions of profit on our backs and could be making more if they tighten up the ship instead of doing everything so :censored2: and :censored2:.

wayfair

swollen member
We wonder why it happens all the time here. This aint a shot at you Photog, but we work for a bunch of :censored2:s plain and simple. They don't give a dam about their employees at all. And they wonder why this stuff happens. Time to change the culture at this place. Their making billions of profit on our backs and could be making more if they tighten up the ship instead of doing everything so :censored2: and :censored2:.

jump, don't give him too much credit. Pt supe retirement is sooo fulfilling

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I just get a bad feeling that the folks at corporate are going find way to blame both hourly and low level management for all the strife that their ridiculous expectations have caused. We are people damn it not some stupid metric. I missed all the news coverage because I was running yet another 10.5 hour day because some Yahoo in Atlanta has decided that us folks at the center level can't dispatch a decent day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It should not happen anywhere. No ones worth is measured by their job. My bosses can treat me bad all day, all night, every day, all week, all month. My worth is not projected on a report. My worth is in my heart, my family, my life, why isnt everyones, I do not know.
I do know that this isnt something that can be blamed on circumstances. It has to be blamed on ones own psyche. I know you wouldnt do it, I wouldn t do it, most on here wouldnt do it. Screw UPS, you are talking about the rest of your life............what makes someone do that, he was 45.....................????