Prayers for Birmingham facility

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The post office had to go through several shootings for about 5 years straight till they changed the work enivorment cultural . I've not heard of postal shooting in a decade. IMO another/more UPS shooting will happen.
Actually, seeing how you are not a USPS employee and know nothing of their internal situation, it has gotten worse at the USPS.
People hate working there.
I don't know whether the "going postal" occurrences have lessened or not and if so, why this happened.
Regardless, it is not because the stress and treatment within the USPS has gotten better.

TUT

This is the kind of stuff that make me dumbfounded. Making a place a gun free area is just telling crazy people "Come in here. We can't fight back".

Crazy person doesn't care, he's crazy, guns or not, he's coming. But arm everyone to the teeth, then crazy guy is already in the building and loaded. It isn't simple.

Rainman

Its all good.
This thread is getting to be too much of a pissing contest. I can't appreciate what management has to go through on a daily basis, and a lot of management doesn't appreciate what the hourlies have to go through. One thing we have in common, corporate puts the screws to us all.
Three men are dead today, hourly and management. A sad situation all around. No one deserves to go out that way. And the fault belongs a lot of places, not just all management or all the shooter, but for both to share.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I am very saddened to read of this. I wonder if it will be adressed in the PCM tomorrow

Yeah, maybe they'll squeeze it in after 29 seconds of useless stretching, 3 minutes of "you're all sinking the center" talk and then 8 minutes of droning on about 3 to 5 seconds of eye-lead time, the 39-point commentary and 9 points of contact or whatever it is.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah, maybe they'll squeeze it in after 29 seconds of useless stretching, 3 minutes of "you're all sinking the center" talk and then 8 minutes of droning on about 3 to 5 seconds of eye-lead time, the 39-point commentary and 9 points of contact or whatever it is.
Best PCM ever this morning. "Go to work"