Prayers for Birmingham facility

letticesandwich

Obviously its a bad situation. 3 families are changed forever. That is what is important.

Beyond that, I think UPS management culture will change in one aspect. Upper Management will get an idea to be a part of its employees lives outside UPS. Supes will be told to get involved with the hourlies. Ask them what they like and get buddy buddy. At least that would be my pr approach to this. Give the general public a feel good because of this we are proactive in our employees well being.

oldstagg

well hopefully, management's "bullying" mentality will let up

I suppose it was good he didn't blame his union leaders for misrepresenting him. Two people died today because someone sick enough to pull the trigger and commit murder did so. Perhaps we should shy away from justifying this' sickness by trying to lay blame as if the action was somehow justified?

OPTION3

Obviously its a bad situation. 3 families are changed forever. That is what is important.

Beyond that, I think UPS management culture will change in one aspect. Upper Management will get an idea to be a part of its employees lives outside UPS. Supes will be told to get involved with the hourlies. Ask them what they like and get buddy buddy. At least that would be my pr approach to this. Give the general public a feel good because of this we are proactive in our employees well being.
They did it when the post office went through the going postal years......It was called TLA...TALK, LISTEN, ACT.....it lasted just long enough for the company to say...WE CARE

Or maybe,they could just back off. let me do my job and go home. thats It.

I hope the victims children and family have help dealing with this tragedy. I think we all should maybe try to take a minute to pray for them. Losing a dad brother husband or son sucks.

Last edited:

worldwide

...............wow............guess you have inside info

Information posted online. It's not clear why he was fired but the fact that it was appealed and still supported leads me to believe the union agreed with UPS' decision (assuming they were involved). Still too early to tell what effect, if any, the lawsuit about the missing $4,000 radiator had.

IMO, I can't think of ANY level of perceived or real "harassment" or job pressure can justify the murder of two people and the destruction of three families. There are always alternatives to problems and murdering innocent people is not a viable alternative.

A sad story all around...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pastor-ups-gunman-was-troubled-over-work?ocid=ansnews11

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This. Honestly, with tensions that high, and the total lack of respect UPS has for it's employees (hourly and mgmt, alike), I'm surprised it's not much more frequent. I'll be incredibly relieved if we make it through peak without an incident (like this one, or like the one in TX after last peak).

UPS needs to get it's :censored2: together. It's easy to ignore this type of thing when your insulated in your heavily guarded corporate headquarters, or just watching your share price go up or down behind a computer screen... but the rest of us potentially put our lives on the line every day just by showing up to work. Forget the dangerous equipment, 100lb boxes, and traffic... we walk into a building every day filled with hundreds of overworked, disrespected, desperate people who are all reminded what terrible, lazy, peices of :censored2: they are multiple times a day.

I don't think any amount of metal detectors or security guards will dissuade workplace violence at UPS. How hard is your security guard going to try to stop a gunman? Not very, I'd assume. Sure, he'll call the cops, but how many people will be shot before they arrive and find the gunman? What's to stop a driver from bringing a gun back in his truck?

We're getting to the point where it's not just a shameless grab for profits. UPS is literally putting profits above human life. This will continue to occur, and with increasing frequency, until UPS does something about the culture that perpetuates this desperation among it's employees.
Couldn't agree more. It was just a matter of time before somebody went ballistic. This situation is the difference between somebody having a bad temper and a homicidal type temper. It's a sad state of affairs that unfortunately it happened but we all knew it was coming. We already know UPS hates it's employees because they think we make too much money. I always say you can't kill a person who's already dead mentally n spiritually because their already dead n don't care if they live or die. Hopefully ups will wake up to this and hopefully the cockhead cocky center managers and idiots down in Atlanta will realize that's the wrong attitude to have. Their cockyness and arrogance could very well end their life in a flash with the wrong mentally unstable individual. Might sound funny or like a joke but it could happen. Just a sad day all the way around really. We should all say a prayer for all the families and loved ones involved in this tragedy today.

Brn

The weirdest management mentality I've ever witnessed in my life time of employment.
We should all get along and be treated as equals and treated with respect ~ not you against me ~

I wonder what the union representative has to say about this situation ?

BTW Newbie on this forum so don't beat me up ;-)

The weirdest management mentality I've ever witnessed in my life time of employment.
We should all get along and be treated as equals and treated with respect ~ not you against me ~

I wonder what the union representative has to say about this situation ?

BTW Newbie on this forum so don't beat me up ;-)
Here you go.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Put all the bull:censored2: aside, people. it happens everywhere. The fact that we have 320,000 employees, and this is a bad one does not make us unique. And really what does it have to do with money? Self esteem? It has to do with how people handle stress. If you do not know how, learn.

yes our bosses can be asses, so can we. Does a normal person kill? No they go home and get bitched at coz they got fired, and they go on with their lives.

Murder and suicide, benefits no one. Prayers for all the kids, spouses and those left behind. Having lived through a family suicide, I can only say WTF.

No amount of money, will help those left behind. No amount of condolences will. Being strong enough to say screw it, if it was unfair, fight to get your job back then quit.

he looked pretty normal, I dont know what that means, but if he had underlying issues, or if you do, quit. If the stress is that bad, quit. This aint the only game in town.

I cannot understand what goes through a persons mind when they think this is the answer, its not. Ever.
Beat that bosses ass when you see him at a restaurant, slash his tires. throw a drink on him. get a voodoo doll.

If anyone ever had thoughts of this, or you cannot control your rage, get help now. Dont make people that love you pay for your problems.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The sad thing is when I first heard about this tragedy all I could think was that I wasn't surprised. You beat a dog long enough it will eventually turn on you. Sure, the guy was unstable and I can not even begin to fathom his actions but the current toxic atmosphere breeds contempt for management and corporate.

The sad thing is when I first heard about this tragedy all I could think was that I wasn't surprised. You beat a dog long enough it will eventually turn on you. Sure, the guy was unstable and I can not even begin to fathom his actions but the current toxic atmosphere breeds contempt for management and corporate.
First thing my wife said,when I walked In the door. you said for years,that somebody was going to snap off.