PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2FE56C53-7EA3-44FE-A124-16007CE8750A.png
Hello all , I'm no different than any of you guys other than I got big cojones (just a personal observation of my 43 year old self ) . Proud to be a 25 year full time Teamster (shifter) and a 24 year Steward at Local 480 (White's Creek) . My brothers and I walked the line in 97 , beat on scabs trailers , blocked supervisors from driving into our hub , tossed nails into the entrance to flatten tires , slingshot wheel bearings at the bright flood lights the company positioned into place to watch us picketing , drank plenty of adult beverages , grilled out and ate well in our makeshift camps etc. etc. . I could only imagine the fun we would have this go around , "IF" we are ordered to strike . Of course I already gave a big "YES" vote to the recently mailed out strike authorization, without that we don't give our representatives any leverage at all , it's like showing up to a gunfight , with no bullets or gun and blindfolded . Personally I do not wish for a strike , unfortunately the company we work for , with all their unreasonable numbers they put on us from unloading packages, Orion, idle times , backing , air , etc etc are incredibly unrealistic forced on us by nerds in cubicles at corporate in Atlanta who have never performed any of these jobs physically (Tetris on your kids IPAD does not count as loading a trailer IMHO.) Striking atleast once in a career UPSer should be a necessary requirement , for the simple fact of showing what actual "UNITY" can achieve ,and yes I do agree the 97 strike did not achieve much , but it did show the company and us Teamsters as well that the consequences can be devastating (losing customers ,revenue,trust etc etc) . But now is the time to get the most bang for our buck ,meaning the company has invested BILLION$$$$ into our infrastructure with planes , tractors , package cars and let's not forget all the new Hubs and expansions to existing hubs like my own hell hole (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee). We have their backs to the wall . With a nationwide shortage of CDL licensed drivers , the company's rigorous package car numbers/expectations ,not to mention the "failure to launch MELINNIUAL Generation kids , the company will be hurting for reliable licensed folks to run our loads/routes which are already hard,unreasonable ,unrealistic to begin with . Also but lets not forget the more important aspect of with President Trumps tax cuts to big business , other company's AT&T , Boeing ,Wal Mart (long list , Google it ) most of those company's gave out bonuses to their employees and made the public they were doing so and pointing out Trumps tax cuts was the sole reason why , meanwhile U.P.S is projected to gain/net a "6" "SIX" BILLION DOLLAR profit this year and has not done shyt for us ,but will regularly say that they cannot give out those perks all the other company's are doing simply because our "contract/UNION "prevents them from doing so , (WHICH IS TOTALLY FALSE ,just factually speaking , without any stipulations our Locals would never ,ever turn down any "bonuses,jobs (preferably full time) or anything that would be rewarding , WTH, we can't even get turkeys or shotguns anymore (yes shotguns,they were gifted back in the day ,some of y'all will dispute this but they did let employees pick those out as retirement or some sort of milestone type of reward, but oh well ). So yes , let's kick their ass , we should cease the moment , DON'T BE SKEERED !!! . My personal advice is have atleast a minimum of "3" weeks pay put back in savings , do not schedule any medical procedures or appointments during the first 2 weeks of August 2018 (my wife has postponed a major cancer preventative surgery ,in which she currently does not have cancer ,but did test positive for tge gene , but its nit immanent and we can put it on hold , sorry TMI,just didnt want folks to get the wrong idea . But an infection or setback during a strike with no insurance could be financially catastrophic (keep in mind not all regions insurances are the same , some regions might cover their members during a strike , others might not , call your Local Business agent and check) . Basically just have your bases covered . Sorry so long , rant over. One love , Unity , Be strong ,be proud ,be a Teamster !!!!!

“Personally I do not wish for a strike”

So, which is it are you praying for a strike like the title says or do you “personally I do not wish for a strike”?

You sound like a blow hard

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Here is the deal...
The company will only keep asking for more from a work group that is already beyond the threshold of reasonable demands placed on any human.
Drivers going out slammed everyday are stressed
Preload trying to cram more and more into already full trucks are stressed
Supervisors trying to meet unrealistic numbers and managing a stressed work group are stressed
When is the company going to realize that is this not healthy for the employees or the company as a whole?
What do we have to do to open the collective eyes of the company?
Do we concede to the demands of UPS? Do we give them the leeway to continue down this destructive path?
Or do we make a stand for better working condition? Do we force the company to step back and reevaluate their business decisions of the past 2 decades?

Every PCM we are asked
What is the most important stop of the day?
yes we all know what we are supposed to answer...Our family...Right?

UPS does not give a damn about me or you or our families.

I am merely an employee number and when I am gone there will be another employee number to come along and take my place.

That is what needs to change in this company
The company has mutated into a monster that takes people and uses them up and spits out their dried up husks in their wake

STRIKE is necessary to stop this trend.

deez

Um, putting off a medical procedure. Probably not the smartest idea.

TeamCare and the Western Region and Local 177 plan cover the majority of UPS FT Teamsters and nearly all PT Teamsters. Both of them provide continued coverage during a strike at no cost to you.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Without drivers, you do not have a company and despite what management says, anybody with a pulse cannot do this job. Everything should revolve around the driver, not management and certainly not a stockholder.

Everybody from up high to low level management should be doing everything possible to make sure we can do our job properly and provide the SERVICE that is in our company name. If we provide the proper service and stop beating the crap out of packages and drivers, the money will flow in.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The day ups hourlies realize they need us is the day we get the upper hand.
If you’re in management, I’d like to inform you that the hourly workforce is growing and managerial positions are shrinking. Oh you thought EDD, Orion and Telematics were just for us drivers? Lmfboooooo!!!! AhahHasaaaa! Haaaaahaaaaaahasaaaa! Omg!!! Lmfboooooo! Wow!!! Hahahaaasasssaaaasssaaa!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is what needs to change in this company
The company has mutated into a monster that takes people and uses them up and spits out their dried up husks in their wake

STRIKE is necessary to stop this trend.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the '97 strike really began the downward spiral that you are speaking of. A strike is going to have the opposite effect this time?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Correct me if I'm wrong but the '97 strike really began the downward spiral that you are speaking of. A strike is going to have the opposite effect this time?
Nope. The stock going public started that downward spiral. Instead of worrying about the company profiting and getting better, we worry about shareholders getting more and more dividends.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
TeamCare and the Western Region and Local 177 plan cover the majority of UPS FT Teamsters and nearly all PT Teamsters. Both of them provide continued coverage during a strike at no cost to you.
Someone mentioned as long as you report for strike duty, your benefits will continue. Can you confirm this?

purehavanne

If you’re in management, I’d like to inform you that the hourly workforce is growing and managerial positions are shrinking. Oh you thought EDD, Orion and Telematics were just for us drivers? Lmfboooooo!!!! AhahHasaaaa! Haaaaahaaaaaahasaaaa! Omg!!! Lmfboooooo! Wow!!! Hahahaaasasssaaaasssaaa!
I’m a driver bro. Maybe I didn’t word that comment well enough