Pre-load to PT Sup (and beyond) Questions

underworked1

Thanks for shedding some light.
But you're right, just gotta stick to coffee lol. And somehow catch HR
Just go bull:censored2: your way into an Adderall prescription and problem solved. There isn't any test for add. Go in with complaints of all the symptoms and get the rx. :censored2: is easy as hell...but I probably wouldn't mention you are a grad student. That will red flag for sure. Tell them it's affecting your job and play dumb, ask if it is normal. Your dr will arrive at the right diagnosis and feel like dr. House and you will be popping Addys in no time.

Mike92tanker

Okay so before you guys tell me to search the forums.. I have searched the forums and many of the questions I need answers are either outdated or come from sarcastic trolls (although i do love trolls). I asked a FT sup about PT sup openings and the manager of our local hub contacted me and told me to keep my nose clean because a position is opening up within the next few weeks.

1. Will there be a drug test?
No I don't smoke or do hard drugs but I do use Adderall/Vyvanse (w/o prescription) for studying since I am in grad school. This would be nice to know since exams occur weekly and methamphetamines take a couple days to get out of my system.

2. Is PT sup union or non-union?
I'm non union even as a pre loader but was interested in joining after taking PT sup position. Never joined the union as a pre loader because of the lack of money and my service is better than most whom I work with anyways.

3. Health Care. Will more money come from my pockets/checks?
I've read on these forums (outdated) that PT sups have different health coverage. Tried looking into the master agreement but couldn't find a definitive answer.

4. Moving up to FT sup and beyond. Easier or harder than FT driver?
I am not interested in becoming a driver at all but am looking to make a career out of UPS. Even if I have to wait a few years to do so. Some say that PT sups get stuck in PT sup but others have stated that PT sups with advanced degrees do have more of an edge when trying to move to upper management (with plenty of seniority of course).

5. If somehow I do end up making it to upper management. How easy/hard is it to transfer to larger hubs?
Our hub is very small. Only 4 PT sups, 2 FT sups. I want to expand to Louisville or DC metro area in the future.

Thanks for your time.
I've been busy moving allllll weekend. Haven't had time to look at the sup DLK I just need to be sure of a question. What do you look for when you're checking the conveyor. Look for damages and to see if the bar locks in place? Something like that. If anyone has an up to date DLK let me know. I have a test today... I can't find my paper due to the move

Faceplanted

Aderall.... Aka legal meth.

It's a stimulant and very structurally related to amphetamines. As much as a doctor can tell you ok, it has side effects, many of which can result in elevated heart rates and lots of other things. It's not good to be on a stimulant when doing physical activities.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Okay so before you guys tell me to search the forums.. I have searched the forums and many of the questions I need answers are either outdated or come from sarcastic trolls (although i do love trolls). I asked a FT sup about PT sup openings and the manager of our local hub contacted me and told me to keep my nose clean because a position is opening up within the next few weeks.

1. Will there be a drug test?
No I don't smoke or do hard drugs but I do use Adderall/Vyvanse (w/o prescription) for studying since I am in grad school. This would be nice to know since exams occur weekly and methamphetamines take a couple days to get out of my system.

2. Is PT sup union or non-union?
I'm non union even as a pre loader but was interested in joining after taking PT sup position. Never joined the union as a pre loader because of the lack of money and my service is better than most whom I work with anyways.

3. Health Care. Will more money come from my pockets/checks?
I've read on these forums (outdated) that PT sups have different health coverage. Tried looking into the master agreement but couldn't find a definitive answer.

4. Moving up to FT sup and beyond. Easier or harder than FT driver?
I am not interested in becoming a driver at all but am looking to make a career out of UPS. Even if I have to wait a few years to do so. Some say that PT sups get stuck in PT sup but others have stated that PT sups with advanced degrees do have more of an edge when trying to move to upper management (with plenty of seniority of course).

5. If somehow I do end up making it to upper management. How easy/hard is it to transfer to larger hubs?
Our hub is very small. Only 4 PT sups, 2 FT sups. I want to expand to Louisville or DC metro area in the future.

Thanks for your time.
Have you asked our friendly and helpful welcoming staff at brown cafe of @Brownslave688 and @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U???

They will gladly assist you with each question and help make your transition into the many wonderful opportunities of PT management.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Maybe if you hadn't responded (to yourself, BTW) like this, you may have gotten better answers:

From my experiences so far, anyone that posts a question on this forum may eventually find useful information but with a large side of judgemental sarcasm

Regardless of how you present your case