Pre-record question

IlllIIllIIlllIllIIIlIlIlI

The only time I prerecord usually is if I have like an apartment complex or townhouse complex. Sometimes in the edd they wont have the unit number so I just prerecord them so I have the unit number in front of me in the prerecord screen, its a lot easier this way. And the 2nd reason ill do a prerecord is when I leave the building in the am, as they load the big over 70s down the middle in my truck which is a 700. A lot of times in a small truck you have to empty out the middle before you can really even start the route. Its a lot easier to just look in the prerecord screen for the stuff down the middle than to try and remember every single king kong sized box you have stashed down the middle of the truck. And once in a while if they have a bulk stop sitting outside truck in the am, if that stop has has say 20 or more boxes for that stop ill prerecord them before I leave so when I get to that stop, its just unload and bam get the signature or the dr and im out of there asap lol.

If you get edd after prerecording a stop, will that stop go back into your edd? Will they come out when you deliver them from the prerecorded stop?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always get edd when I walk in the door in the am and get edd again before I leave. I don't prerecord them stops until after I get edd. Easier that way and it comes out of your edd and if you have another box for that stop later youll know that because the ones you prerecorded came out already.

UPS WORKHORSE

Wow. I had no idea that was considered padding stops. I had a shop steward tell me to pre record savers and ground for the same business together, because Orion has it as a separate stopand we should get credit for it. I actually had multiple people tell me to do this. No more though. I'm not getting canned for something stupid.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS WORKHORSE

I don't care about being plus or minus, I try to be safe and work as hard as I can. If the computer says good job buddy or you sucked today doesn't hurt my self esteem. I know I give it my all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Z

ZQXC

Sometimes I will prerecord a bulk stop that will be delivered later in the day, except for 1 package. That pkg. becomes the marker to hold the proper position in EDD.

By The Book

Btw, where is the option to do dup stop/ how do you do it?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Workhorse, when you scan your pkg., before you hit big arrow down, there is a dup key to select. However if you see multiple line items of the same single stop with different time commits, count to get a total pkg count for that stop and scan all pkgs together. Have them sign and finish the stop. Bam all the pkgs are gone without pre recording anything. You should be doing it this way, everyday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Workhorse, when you scan your pkg., before you hit big arrow down, there is a dup key to select. However if you see multiple line items of the same single stop with different time commits, count to get a total pkg count for that stop and scan all pkgs together. Have them sign and finish the stop. Bam all the pkgs are gone without pre recording anything. You should be doing it this way, everyday.

Huh?