Pre-record question

ArcherUTR

Wouldn't writing them down be quicker and easier?

No?

And the dup soft key is on the first address page after the scanning of the package. For some reason you cannot be in the consignee field or you board will just beep at you until you arrow over into another field.

If the stop has been 'dupped' and then pre-recorded, I have had trouble doing a left at from the pre-record list. But can easily dup and left at while in the transaction.

JackStraw

Whatever you get from this post, if you are thinking of "getting one over" on UPS, think again. You may get away with it for a while, but in the end, YOU WILL GET CAUGHT. And most likely some time off.

Z

ZQXC

How does prerecording those packages not make you dance around them?

Finally, someone asks the question that was so glaringly obvious.
As it turns out, I have my own personal, portable, warehouse that I take to and from area each day. (TP60, 1, size med., color brown) I put the oversize packages in the TP60 and swing by later to retrieve them shortly before delivery.

At least one small perk that comes with being labeled trailer trash.:biggrin:

upschuck

Finally, someone asks the question that was so glaringly obvious.
As it turns out, I have my own personal, portable, warehouse that I take to and from area each day. (TP60, 1, size med., color brown) I put the oversize packages in the TP60 and swing by later to retrieve them shortly before delivery.

At least one small perk that comes with being labeled trailer trash.:biggrin:
Makes sense, as long as it is close by.

9.5er

Sorry but if they all for the college and you are delivering them to one place you are padding stops.

I deliver to a college and the bulk of the packages go to the warehouse. All of the dorms are separate addresses. Many of the facilities gave separate addresses. They all go to one place and are considered to be one stop. Yes, I have to hit "Y" a lot, but prerecording and taking credit for each "stop" would be textbook stop padding.
We will have to agree to disagree. If EDD counts it as two stops I'm getting two stops out of it. We had a PCM a few weeks ago about our stop count needing to be + or - 5 stops to what EDD says it was. So I understand it as, if EDD says I have 100 stops I should be within the 95 to 105 range when I get done. Just working as instructed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We will have to agree to disagree. If EDD counts it as two stops I'm getting two stops out of it. We had a PCM a few weeks ago about our stop count needing to be + or - 5 stops to what EDD says it was. So I understand it as, if EDD says I have 100 stops I should be within the 95 to 105 range when I get done. Just working as instructed.

You are padding stops.

Indecisi0n

I do not see it as padding stop count. I deliver to the college in town sometimes. They have two sometimes three addresses. They all go to the same place. I figure if the packages are tracked and delivered to a different address than on the shipping label it could be seen as a misdelivery. So I prerecord all packages under the shipped to address and "left at" correct address.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it til I get called into the office.
If you are delivering them all to one stop but getting credit for multiple stops that's dishonesty.

Corky_Calhoun

I've heard of guys accidentally bumping the pre-record button while unloading bulks stops and having tons of late air.

Pre-record is the devil. Only time I use it is for multiple left-at's.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've heard of guys accidentally bumping the pre-record button while unloading bulks stops and having tons of late air.

Pre-record is the devil. Only time I use it is for multiple left-at's.

If you have a delivery for a SADR account, and you deliver it before their time window, you need to pre-record it to avoid getting dinged for the early delivery.