Pregnacy in Rape is God's Intent!

bbsam

Staff member
Sorry to be gross, but hear me out on this one.

Imagine for a moment if, hypothetically, a man who was anally raped by another man could become "pregnant" with some sort of a living being the size of, say, a grapefruit, that would grow in size for 9 months inside of his scrotum and then be forcibly ejected through his urethra and out of his penis.

Something tells me that we wouldnt even be debating the "abortion issue" if this were the case.

If men could become pregnant, abortions would be available at Jiffy Lube for $79.95 and could be performed at the same time we got our oil changed.
That's different though. Men could go down to the corner, get their manbortion, a six pack and watch sports not to mention comparing their penicular scars. Gross is cool for guys.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Now that the psychedelics have worn off ...

I always thought it ironic (or just cruel) that the people who were the most against abortions were always the ones who complained about the loudest about the government programs to support and help these unwanted children.

av8torntn

I always thought it ironic (or just cruel) that the people who were the most against abortions were always the ones who complained about the loudest about the government programs to support and help these unwanted children.

I didn't know someone could be libertarian and pro abortion.

UPS Lifer

No, I call them "maroons" because they would presume to speak for God, and they would assume that a God who created this universe and all life in it would endorse any sort of political position in the affairs of mankind.

I agree with the point that we should not speak for God. I would not characterize someone for being a maroon for doing it and I don't think this is meant as a political position. I think it is a moral position that has worked it's way into the political process. When I speak about this subject, I speak only for myself and not a political position. I don't agree with abortion and I don't agree with murder but it is going to happen whether I like it or not.

Some will contend that we have to protect the rights of the unborn. I can't disagree with that also. This is the only issue that I get pulled on all ends.

I would ask not demand that a potential mother and father get serious counseling before making a final decision and they should realize what the consequenses are for their actions. We all answer to a higher power (if you beleive) and must keep this in mind in our life.

beentheredonethat

I disagree. I am against abortion, I disagree with the term "Pro-choice" the term should be "pro-abortion" since that is what this is about. But people who are for it, don't want to face up to what their choice is. The choice is to abort, or to keep the baby. Pro-Abortion people also like to call it a fetus, instead of what it is (or at the least, what it will be...... a baby).

My sister couldn't conceive, she adopted three children and I have two great nephews and one great niece because of her choice. To me that is what pro-choice is. The choice to help a child. The thing is, although she wanted to adopt a baby, there were no babies available to be adopted, she then adopted a 6 year old, then later a 2 year old. Her third adoption was an infant of roughly 6 months old. There are a lot of people who will adopt babies. Unfortunately it is tougher to get people to adopt older children, which is a shame for those kids.

What I do disagree with, is people who have a child and is on the public dole, then gets another and another and another, meanwhile for each child, they get more taxpayer dollars. We the taxpayer has to keep supporting more and more and more of this irresponsible adults children. That is ridiculous. Everyone can make a mistake, even two. But when people who can't provide for themselves continue to make bad choices and we are responsible for paying to support it. That is where people complain. People do need to take some responsibility for themselves.

There is a huge difference to help out a person who is down on their luck and to support a baby. vs a person who is irresponsible and keeps having children to either abort or to have to get more money from the govt.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I disagree. I am against abortion, I disagree with the term "Pro-choice" the term should be "pro-abortion" since that is what this is about. But people who are for it, don't want to face up to what their choice is. The choice is to abort, or to keep the baby. Pro-Abortion people also like to call it a fetus, instead of what it is (or at the least, what it will be...... a baby).

My sister couldn't conceive, she adopted three children and I have two great nephews and one great niece because of her choice. To me that is what pro-choice is. The choice to help a child. The thing is, although she wanted to adopt a baby, there were no babies available to be adopted, she then adopted a 6 year old, then later a 2 year old. Her third adoption was an infant of roughly 6 months old. There are a lot of people who will adopt babies. Unfortunately it is tougher to get people to adopt older children, which is a shame for those kids.

What I do disagree with, is people who have a child and is on the public dole, then gets another and another and another, meanwhile for each child, they get more taxpayer dollars. We the taxpayer has to keep supporting more and more and more of this irresponsible adults children. That is ridiculous. Everyone can make a mistake, even two. But when people who can't provide for themselves continue to make bad choices and we are responsible for paying to support it. That is where people complain. People do need to take some responsibility for themselves.

There is a huge difference to help out a person who is down on their luck and to support a baby. vs a person who is irresponsible and keeps having children to either abort or to have to get more money from the govt.

OK ... feel better now?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I agree with the point that we should not speak for God. I would not characterize someone for being a maroon for doing it and I don't think this is meant as a political position. I think it is a moral position that has worked it's way into the political process. When I speak about this subject, I speak only for myself and not a political position. I don't agree with abortion and I don't agree with murder but it is going to happen whether I like it or not.

Some will contend that we have to protect the rights of the unborn. I can't disagree with that also. This is the only issue that I get pulled on all ends.

I would ask not demand that a potential mother and father get serious counseling before making a final decision and they should realize what the consequenses are for their actions. We all answer to a higher power (if you beleive) and must keep this in mind in our life.

I respect anybody whose religious or moral beliefs preclude having an abortion.

An abortion is a horrible, traumatic, life-altering experience that no rational person would ever want to undergo. And it is not for me to say whether God would regard it as a sin or not since I cannot presume to speak for Him.

For me, the moral issue boils down to a simple one; should women be legally forced by our society and our government to bear an unwanted child to term, even when that child is conceived out of rape or incest? Or when the mothers life or health is endangered?

If we do make "exceptions", then who do we appoint to judge when and for whom these exceptions ought to be granted?

Abortion is bad. Forced impregnation and denial of safe and legal abortion for women is worse. Sometimes in life, the only choices we have are bad ones and this is one of those situations.

moreluck

golden ticket member
........"should women be legally forced by our society and our government to bear an unwanted child to term
?......." (soberups)

At this point, what would the babies answer be ???????????

Nimnim

The Nim
........"should women be legally forced by our society and our government to bear an unwanted child to term
?......." (soberups)

At this point, what would the babies answer be ???????????

I really have to add the part after the comma that you cut off.

even when that child is conceived out of rape or incest

I personally don't advocate abortion, but I understand that banning it will only cause significant issues.

Is it better to discourage abortion and give them other options after birthing a child though still allow it, or banning it where you force unwanted children to be born and possibly neglected or worse have back alley abortions become more prevalent?

edit: Sure some people who have an unexpected pregnancy, through their own irresponsibility or complete fluke (the only 100% way to avoid pregnancy is to not have sex) will buckle down and make sure the children they produce are cared for, but can we really expect everyone in that situation to?

Last edited:

UPS Lifer

I remember the years before Roe vs Wade. Illegal abortions in alleys or back room abortions where women died along with their unborn babies. Is that what we want to go back to? The most powerful argument against abortion is the rights of an unborn child. Unfortunately short of locking a woman up, how can society force someone to have a baby?

I don't beleive in suicide either but where there is a will, there is a way. The best thing and the compassionate thing to do, is for society to give women informed and educated options that include, dare I say it, options to help women make probably one of the most important decisions of their life. It is a personal decision between the mother and their God.

When a women becomes a burden to society because of iresponsible behavior on a continual basis, maybe that is the time for the legislatures of states and courts to weigh in.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I remember the years before Roe vs Wade. Illegal abortions in alleys or back room abortions where women died along with their unborn babies. Is that what we want to go back to? The most powerful argument against abortion is the rights of an unborn child. Unfortunately short of locking a woman up, how can society force someone to have a baby?

I don't believe in suicide either but where there is a will, there is a way. The best thing and the compassionate thing to do, is for society to give women informed and educated options that include, dare I say it, options to help women make probably one of the most important decisions of their life. It is a personal decision between the mother and their God.

When a women becomes a burden to society because of irresponsible behavior on a continual basis, maybe that is the time for the legislatures of states and courts to weigh in.
I could nitpick some things in your post but overall I agree. Well said.

av8torntn

BTW, I know three couples that have adopted unwanted children who were going to be aborted but by intervention efforts, the girl had the baby but put it up for adoption.
Unfortunately, the governments make this a complicated and expensive process.

I have a friend that has adopted three children. The process unbelievably complicated and cumbersome.