Preload: getting moved to a harder pull PART 2

MrFeeder

W
So a week ago or so I posted on here whining about being moved to a more difficult pull and most of you guys told me to just suck it up and do the job. So that's what I did.

The job has not been pretty. I have not been able to do it by myself at all any day other than Monday. Tues through Friday they tack on a 4th car which makes it very difficult for me as I have never done a 4 car pull. It's 1100 to 1300 pieces total. I can honestly say on here that I am doing the best I can with it.

Today I was so backed up that packages were scattered everywhere and about 3 co workers of mine had to come help me finish the pull at the end of the day. My part time sup literally just stood over me and watched me the whole time.

When it was finally done he pulled me aside and said that he has discussed it with my ft sup and I will be getting a "lock in" which is someone who watches my every move and tells me what to do I guess? He also said that I will not be getting moved to another pull until I can wrap this pull everyday on time without any help. I just said OK I'll be here and I'll do what I can and I left.

Immediately after I went and talked to my steward and he said he would talk to my ft sup for me and see what he can do and that I shouldn't be worried about it.

What do you guys think?
When I was part time unloading trailers, the Supe did the same by standing there and watching me the whole time and so I purposely slow down and he leaves.. One day he did it again but this time he caught me on a bad day. So I told him to get the :censored2: out of my trailer and he never bothered me ever again.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
W

When I was part time unloading trailers, the Supe did the same by standing there and watching me the whole time and so I purposely slow down and he leaves.. One day he did it again but this time he caught me on a bad day. So I told him to get the :censored2: out of my trailer and he never bothered me ever again.
I wish I could do that but I'm sure I would be fired

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I never understood why people get stressed about this kind of thing. They can't fire you for speed so who cares how long it takes you? Even if the sups are watching over you just work slower, they like that.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
W

On Monday they cut the route I normally load so I went to a different pick. There was a new pt sup who was on that line and he kept trying to make me speed up. Told him to take a hike. He gave me a sour look and walked away. That was the last I heard of it.

km3

W

Sounds like a good time to go to the john. Or refill your water.

trickpony1

Cook up a crock pot of beans, ham hocks and jalapenos.

Pass gas all night, especially when he is close to you. If he asks if you are sick just say, "I don't think so....it must be stress related.".

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Gee, you guys have it bad. I got sent off to a single P1700 at the end of the belt. I'm in a damp, dark little corner all by myself and no one bothers me.
My eyes are acclimating to the darkness and I can feel my skin getting wet and pasty. I feel like Gollum.

I think the only reason they don't bother me is that I'm the only reg-temp out of 12 or so who says yes to running EAMs and Saturday airs on a regular basis.

i Misload Next Day Airs

So a week ago or so I posted......
The job has not been pretty. I have not been able to do it by myself at all any day other than Monday. Tues through Friday they tack on a 4th car which makes it very difficult for me as I have never done a 4 car pull. It's 1100 to 1300 pieces total. I can honestly say on here that I am doing the best I can with it.

Today I was so backed up that packages were scattered everywhere and about 3 co workers of mine had to come help me finish the pull at the end of the day. My part time sup literally just stood over me and watched me the whole time.

When it was finally done he pulled me aside and said that he has discussed it with my ft sup and I will be getting a "lock in" which is someone who watches my every move and tells me what to do I guess? He also said that I will not be getting moved to another pull until I can wrap this pull everyday on time without any help. I just said OK I'll be here and I'll do what I can and I left.

Immediately after I went and talked to my steward and he said he would talk to my ft sup for me and see what he can do and that I shouldn't be worried about it.

What do you guys think?

Have you Filed any G********s?

loading 4 trucks is pretty standard. Not sure why you would be worried about them watching you, seems they already are. The truth is the only way you will get moved his time do a horrible job. It is sad but it is how you get rewarded.

Truly is the ONLY Way. I "Used" to be a "Hard Worker" Now I'm a "Safe Worker".

I just can't afford to lose my job and I feel like this "lock in" is just going to watch me and wait for me to do one thing wrong so they can fire me.

"Article 37. Sec. 1. (a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair days work for a fair days pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the employers interest. The employer shall not in any way intimidate harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties....."

Almost 3 years. I have been at one pull most of my time at ups but I come back from vacation and the pull next to me is struggling so they put me over there and put the new hire at my job.

There have tried 2 different people and they both have failed so they put me there and when I'm failing I get this "lock in". Like, why didn't they try a lock in on the other 2?

File File File.

I wouldn't worry about it. just do what you can do.

All While Being "SAFE".

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
loading 4 trucks is pretty standard.

I've been at ups 15 years, I load 4 trucks, occasionally I get a 5th one.

boxlines and slides get 4-6 cars, but a belt is usually 3, fyi

OP if you want to have some fun with them when they go to "lock you in", ask them to include an MSD load worksheet of your belt, specifically looking at the utilization of your pull

bet my AMEX you're overutilized

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
boxlines and slides get 4-6 cars, but a belt is usually 3, fyi

OP if you want to have some fun with them when they go to "lock you in", ask them to include an MSD load worksheet of your belt, specifically looking at the utilization of your pull

bet my AMEX you're overutilized

What's an msd load sheet?

You guys are sure giving me a lot of fire power here I'm almost positive they're not going to expect me to be able to be so well equipped tomorrow

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

when IE measures the preload operation, one part of the puzzle is to create an ~ideal conditions~ lineup; we take all the typical routes, their volume (gross & net), and their car-size and we plug it into a load worksheet

in the load worksheet, we create pulls from these routes, each to be loaded by a preloader; in a boxline or slide this is as simple as giving them enough volume until they have over 3.5 hours, but less than whatever the sort-span is; for a belt-to-car it gets more interesting

for belt-to-car, not only are you getting hours for the pieces you load, but also for any pieces ~upstream~ on the belt that you have to scan before finding your pieces; technically this gives you a % utilization rather than pure hours

the goal is 90-100% utilization, the average is around a 97%; if you're loading 1300 pieces, depending on the sort span (and knowing how most operations run), you are probably overutilized

Poop Head

Judge me.

You guys are sure giving me a lot of fire power here I'm almost positive they're not going to expect me to be able to be so well equipped tomorrow
Just don't get carried away, I thought I remember you saying you wanted to drive soon? Prob a good idea to just do your best, be safe, and bite your tongue. barring ssupervisor doing union work and compromising your and co-workers saftey.

File File File
Hows your transition to driving going?