Preload question

J

jibbs

Holy :censored2: we actually agree on something for once :D

BB58 will give you some of the best damn advice available on this forum regarding the preload.

You may not like how she says it, the names she may call you whilst saying it or the things she may tell you to do in order to-- uhhh...-- "man up," but it doesn't stop most of the work-related stuff she posts on here from being damn valuable.

That said, everybody on here'll get under your skin at one point or another. EVERYBODY. That's the nature of the internet, I guess.

By The Book

I remember many years ago being a new driver and coming back to work preload when times were slow. My sup would say you better not have any misloads, which made me question myself as I was loading my old set with the route I was driving for the day. The point I'm getting to is accountability. After being a driver for a while, loading is a lot easier. The perfect service is expected so much more as a driver that when I loaded again I was better than I was when it was my only job. I personally had maybe 3 misloads in 2 years, and I think it had to do with looking up addresses on load charts. Today you loaders have to trust the pal labels to be correct. I also came in for a sick call one time and loaded my old set after they started using pal labels. I caught 2 mis pald packages that day due to my habit of looking at the addresses on all packages.

J

jibbs

I remember many years ago being a new driver and coming back to work preload when times were slow. My sup would say you better not have any misloads, which made me question myself as I was loading my old set with the route I was driving for the day. The point I'm getting to is accountability. After being a driver for a while, loading is a lot easier. The perfect service is expected so much more as a driver that when I loaded again I was better than I was when it was my only job. I personally had maybe 3 misloads in 2 years, and I think it had to do with looking up addresses on load charts. Today you loaders have to trust the pal labels to be correct. I also came in for a sick call one time and loaded my old set after they started using pal labels. I caught 2 mis pald packages that day due to my habit of looking at the addresses on all packages.

I don't think that applies to all the seasonal/cover/air/temp/whatever drivers they brought in for peak that are on the preload in my center now.

I don't think that applies to them one bit.

Makes sense for the drivers that've been doing it for more than a couple months, though.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
BB58 will give you some of the best damn advice available on this forum regarding the preload.

You may not like how she says it, the names she may call you whilst saying it or the things she may tell you to do in order to-- uhhh...-- "man up," but it doesn't stop most of the work-related stuff she posts on here from being damn valuable.

That said, everybody on here'll get under your skin at one point or another. EVERYBODY. That's the nature of the internet, I guess.
Thank you jibbs....that's very nice of you to say....feels good to be appreciated. :)

HardknocksUPSer

So I've seen but I won't give her to much to boast about lol

PT Car Washer

In the Western Region Supplement, a PT'er has to work 70 days in a 6 month period to qualify. That is over 3 calendar months.

A sup can claim "training" anytime during his probationary period.
In my building the PT sups claim training even after they have sent everyone home.

HardknocksUPSer

Why should you? I've worked here almost 9 years...you've been here 2 whole months...you know everything, you don't need advice from anyone. Hence this crybaby thread you started. Wah.
:censored2: off, yet again your blowing everything out of proportion. I clearly asked a question because I don't know everything, I never claimed to know everything and probably never will know or claim to know everything. I don't give two :censored2:s how long you've been anywhere, it's not hard to tell things vary greatly from location to location, I speak from what I personally see at the center I work at and that's all. You ma'am are the damn crybaby always boohoo'ing about what someone who's been here less time than you has to say, I bet your a real pain to work with, I get along with almost anyone but your truly the exception if there ever has been one.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

off, yet again your blowing everything out of proportion. I clearly asked a question because I don't know everything, I never claimed to know everything and probably never will know or claim to know everything. I don't give two s how long you've been anywhere, it's not hard to tell things vary greatly from location to location, I speak from what I personally see at the center I work at and that's all. You ma'am are the damn crybaby always boohoo'ing about what someone who's been here less time than you has to say, I bet your a real pain to work with, I get along with almost anyone but your truly the exception if there ever has been one.
Um, you just proved her point.

Things do vary from building to building. But the methods remain the same.

HardknocksUPSer

Um, you just proved her point.

Things do vary from building to building. But the methods remain the same.
I can guarantee she didn't mean that I knew everything in a literal sense, she meant it as in "your still wet behind the ears" so sad that internet can't read "smartass" almost every post on here would be red flagged lol, since you now know what she meant you'll comprehend what my text meant.

J

jibbs

Hol' up, hol' up, hol' up, all I know is you think she's blowing :censored2: outta proportion but you just typed an essay to respond to a line or two, bruh bruh.

But ay though, we've got these awesome ignore buttons. You know, in case you forgot about me telling you that these people will piss you off, time and time again. You just gotta pinch your nose and wade through the bull:censored2: sometimes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:censored2: off, yet again your blowing everything out Needof proportion. I clearly asked a question because I don't know everything, I never claimed to know everything and probably never will know or claim to know everything. I don't give two :censored2:s how long you've been anywhere, it's not hard to tell things vary greatly from location to location, I speak from what I personally see at the center I work at and that's all. You ma'am are the damn crybaby always boohoo'ing about what someone who's been here less time than you has to say, I bet your a real pain to work with, I get along with almost anyone but your truly the exception if there ever has been one.
The only people on my line I butt heads with are the ones who can't pull their weight and constantly need help. You come on here....piss and moan, and cursed out a retired member on here who is a very nice man...one I'm proud to call a union brother....Cosmo. You don't like what I have to say? I don't care...hit that ignore button. But if you start threads over crybaby BS...expect you won't like what some people have to say.

HardknocksUPSer

The only people on my line I butt heads with are the ones who can't pull their weight and constantly need help. You come on here....piss and moan, and cursed out a retired member on here who is a very nice man...one I'm proud to call a union brother....Cosmo. You don't like what I have to say? I don't care...hit that ignore button. But if you start threads over crybaby BS...expect you won't like what some people have to say.
Please tell me where the ignore button is? It will save my time and yours. If I cussed anyone they were probably being disrespectful, I don't have as much time in as 90% of these guys but if people want to be disrespectful and say smartass stuff I'm not goina tell them thanks I mean come on. On another not, how was that a crybaby post? I simply asked how I should handle a sup throwing misloads in my truck? Nothing about that screams crybaby. Amagine the sup threw misloads on your truck, wouldn't you want to know how to handle the situation? (assuming you didn't already know)

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Thanks FAC...for a center manager, you don't seem diabolical...lol
Only a sort sup. But I'll take the center manager pay if they want to hand it over :D.
On another not, how was that a crybaby post? I simply asked how I should handle a sup throwing misloads in my truck? Nothing about that screams crybaby. Amagine the sup threw misloads on your truck, wouldn't you want to know how to handle the situation? (assuming you didn't already know)
Like she said before, it's only a misload when the truck leaves the building. You could have easily pulled them out, put them on the belt, and gone back to work. That's how you handle it.

HardknocksUPSer

Only a sort sup. But I'll take the center manager pay if they want to hand it over :D.

Like she said before, it's only a misload when the truck leaves the building. You could have easily pulled them out, put them on the belt, and gone back to work. That's how you handle it.
I did pull them out, place them in the right truck, so it wasn't a actual misload, however it could have been, but that's besides the point, the point is I wanted to know how to handle a sup trying to screw me over by purposely loading misloads, I'm pretty sure that's not right.