Preload Start times

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Usually" it doesn't matter whether the OT is paid at the beginning or end of the day, but there are situations where you would work less than 8 and still get that OT in the morning as you stated. Someone needs to slap some sense into your BA.
It does matter though. This is my interpretation at least. Say I work 10 hours and start an hour early. All time before your posted start time is OT and we get paid OT after 8 hours. So in this scenario I should get 7 hours of straight time and 3 hours of OT.

Brownslave688

There are 35 other loaders in my center alone. I cannot paint a target on my back for everyone else...I got my 45min pay. For everyone else that they tried to screw....that's their fault for not opening their mouths.
Well that's easy. Whip out the tall socks and booty shorts bat your eyes and get all the young guys to fight this fight for you. ;)

oldngray

nowhere special
It does matter though. This is my interpretation at least. Say I work 10 hours and start an hour early. All time before your posted start time is OT and we get paid OT after 8 hours. So in this scenario I should get 7 hours of straight time and 3 hours of OT.

Not really. That extra time in the morning is all OT until your posted start time, then you start your normal day at straight time and will get OT again after 8 more hours of straight time. Often UPS will just change your start time in the morning and pay you straight time from the beginning (which they really shouldn't) but if you work enough hours it still adds up to the same amount of OT.

Brownslave688

Not really. That extra time in the morning is all OT until your posted start time, then you start your normal day at straight time and will get OT again after 8 more hours of straight time. Often UPS will just change your start time in the morning and pay you straight time from the beginning (which they really shouldn't) but if you work enough hours it still adds up to the same amount of OT.
All about interpretation I guess that's just not how I read it.

annie345

Ahh management's desperate attempt to pretty their numbers. Long and short of it....my center never posts start times....times are texted to us the day before by the PT sup. I get a text yesterday....start time is 345 with the option of starting at 315 (by seniority) because the unload is starting early. I tell him I'll be in at 315.

I get a text this morning at 215am..,unload is not starting early....new start time is 4am for all loaders in the center. WTF???
I wouldn't let them txt business on my personal phone. You're not required to have a phone to work at ups. If our mgmt dosent make contact with the employee of any start time change.. The employee gets paid from the time they were supposed to report.( which is required to be posted in our center) A txt or voicemail msg dosent fly here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wouldn't let them txt business on my personal phone. You're not required to have a phone to work at ups. If our mgmt dosent make contact with the employee of any start time change.. The employee gets paid from the time they were supposed to report.( which is required to be posted in our center) A txt or voicemail msg dosent fly here.
Neither do sick days apparently.. lol

browntroll

i would love a 4am start time which it usually is, they pulled out some number out of their
ass today. my start time for monday is 2:15am.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Any Anthony Weiner type texts?
images-8.jpeg