Preload Sup...

Is it worth it?

• Total voters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I recently was offered or at least asked if I was interested in being a supervisor. I have been working for ups for maybe 2 months, and being in my early 20's I find the prospect of supervisor pretty cool. But from reading on this forum and from other supervisors at work it has me wondering if I should even go for it. I am in school right now and UPS is not my intended career, I am getting my pilots license and a degree and if I do work for them I would maybe like to fly. But driver seems like something I would be interested in doing for the time being. But is becoming a Sup really like Hotel California? "You can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave"? Is the money worth it? Would it be advantageous being young so I can always leave it to do it for the credit on a resume? Thoughts?
At last! Our pre load problems are a thing of the past! Early starts and light loads for all drivers! Thank you HayZues!

UPS Preloader

this is not true FYI

it’s harder to fire a PT sup than it is an hourly

if you don’t believe that, you really don’t know anything about the job

I wouldn’t say it’s harder to fire them, they just don’t want to fire them because they have no one to replace them. We have 3 pt sups in our buildding and two of them just gave their notice. The one that’s staying is the worst sup of all three, but just became the most valuable pt supervisor.

Conan04

Make sure that you are choosing to become a part time supervisor for the right reasons. Also, you should at a minimum experience peak and a summer as an hourly employee.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I recently was offered or at least asked if I was interested in being a supervisor. I have been working for ups for maybe 2 months, and being in my early 20's I find the prospect of supervisor pretty cool. But from reading on this forum and from other supervisors at work it has me wondering if I should even go for it. I am in school right now and UPS is not my intended career, I am getting my pilots license and a degree and if I do work for them I would maybe like to fly. But driver seems like something I would be interested in doing for the time being. But is becoming a Sup really like Hotel California? "You can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave"? Is the money worth it? Would it be advantageous being young so I can always leave it to do it for the credit on a resume? Thoughts?

Oh boy another wanna be pilot

Didn’t we have one of those around here for awhile I think it’s @clerkgirls wife

@FrigidFTSup

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Oh boy another wanna be pilot

Didn’t we have one of those around here for awhile I think it’s @clerkgirls wife

@FrigidFTSup
I check the board everyday waiting for them to post a pilot bid list. I've been waiting for a while. I just want to know when to schedule my vacation so it lines up with my non productive week.