Preloader gift for Xmas

As a preloader for many years I must also agree that PAS makes everyone seem retarded. It doesn’t help that any actual :censored2: can now act like he is preloading like he know what he is doing and get away with it. I put effort into keeping space numbers and apt. numbers together when I can. With PAS I have an extra truck and another 100 something pieces per hour so I must admit to more often than not being ignorant to where too many things are in the trucks I just loaded. I know the bulk stops and I know where all my drivers want their air and I know many specifics. My loads are pretty good considering that I hardly every look at the actual address anymore. I miss the old days when I used to know things and use my brain. My drivers seem to appreciate me and I usually get some little thing at Christmas. It doesn’t really matter though. I take a lot of pride in how I load my trucks and I could never do it any differently.

My helper has done an excellent job this year. I bring him breakfast from time to time of a big fat cathead biscuit, but he is probably only getting twenty bucks from me for Christmas.

scoobypanda

Before the nightmare that is p.a.s, I tipped my loader. Now, I couldn't if I tried. My route was on an "open assignment" for 4 months. Training assignment all summer. I probably had over 20 guys load my truck this year including the p/t supes that love to load. Went from great relationship with my loader to guys wearing ipod headphones ignoring me. If I see the same guy 2 days in a row, I will thank him if he kept misloads down to single digits.

thebrownbox

I got $40 from my driver for the mall truck he told me he ran out of time to get a card. I wont complain I know he got married a little while ago and all. I always sort out his airs by the addresses and put them in the tote so they all are together.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My loader is my friends son. We used to take our children all over, to have fun. Known him since he was a wee little lad and now he's 19 years old.

I tipped him $30 and tipped my helper $20. Hopefully, with time, he'll get better and his tip money will increase.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Preloader finally understood the concept Tuesday morning that the load sequence numbers on the PAL label mean that the boxes are loaded in order on the shelf. Before that, he would just put stuff in the section, all out of order so I would have to resort the whole section anyway. He did better yesterday morning, so I tipped him a twenty. Baby steps, as Dave Ramsey says.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got $40 from my driver for the mall truck he told me he ran out of time to get a card. I wont complain I know he got married a little while ago and all. I always sort out his airs by the addresses and put them in the tote so they all are together.

Complain? Complain about what? Yeah, he could have taken the time to stop at Hallmark (in the mall) while he was working (in the mall) but he did stop at the ATM (in the mall) to make sure he recognized you for all that you do for him during the year. Kwticherbitchin!

I gave my regular loader $50 (yes, I took the time to get a card), re-gifted a $25 restaurant gift card to my peak loader (again, a card) and gave my helper $50 (in a card) along with sodas during Peak and Pizza Hut on the last day.

thebrownbox

maybe you misunderstood what I said? when I said "I wont complain" I mean I don't mind if I don't get a card. I already have enough on top of my wall unit as it is anyways.

Anyways have a nice holiday!

:happy2:

bl04a

i had 315 stops in a over 400 pieces in a p700 and could find every package. anything that was put where it didn't belong because of size or running out of shelf space i was told about. he made my peak alot easier. I tipped him $50.