Prescription drugs not covered now (Local 25)?

konsole

You will only get one 1099-HC and it will be from BC/BC.

ok sorry but last question, I'm pretty sure what the answer will be, but I'd rather me 100% sure of it. I think I just need to word my question a little better...

1099-HC, which records wether I have "minimum creditable coverage" or not, is coming from BC/BS. However, BC/BS thinks I don't have drug coverage and therefore will record me as not having "minimum creditable coverage". In which case I won't be able to file my taxes for 2012. Is this safe to assume, or is it BC/BS responsibility to determine I have drug coverage and update my 1099-HC accordingly?

In other words I know I have the states minimum required coverage, but BC/BS doesnt and they have the important paperwork.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Konsole,

I had the same question you did when I initially read the packet. It simply explains that the plan ALONE is not enough to give you benefits, but as Ovah said, you will be covered.

konsole

Konsole,

I had the same question you did when I initially read the packet. It simply explains that the plan ALONE is not enough to give you benefits, but as Ovah said, you will be covered.

I understand that I am covered, my concern was making sure that BC/BS understands that I am and will update the next 1099-HC accordingly. I spoke to HR at work and they said that BC/BS will eventually figure out that I do have Medco for drug coverage and will update the next 1099-HC. Since BC/BS doesnt specifically mention Medco in the letter, I understood it simply as "the provider that sends me my next 1099-HC will have me recorded as not meeting the states required minimum."

UPSGUY72

Konsole,

I understand that I am covered, my concern was making sure that BC/BS understands that I am and will update the next 1099-HC accordingly. I spoke to HR at work and they said that BC/BS will eventually figure out that I do have Medco for drug coverage and will update the next 1099-HC. Since BC/BS doesnt specifically mention Medco in the letter, I understood it simply as "the provider that sends me my next 1099-HC will have me recorded as not meeting the states required minimum."[/QUOTE]

Is there anyone else in your building having the same problem???? Or is it just you?

konsole

Is there anyone else in your building having the same problem???? Or is it just you?

I'm just going to take that letter with me to the HR lady at work and see what she thinks about it. From what everyones been saying its gotta either BC/BS sent me the letter a little prematurely before they learned about Medco taking the drug coverage, or BC/BS knows about Medco but they are simply stating that what I am getting from BC/BS alone isnt enough for the states minimum.