President Biden

vantexan

not true . If Obama had chased those troops into pakistan he could have finished them off. Instead he allowed them to escape into Pakistan and then tried to rely on diplomatic means to encourage Pakistan to fight them. Obviously that did not work and the Taliban was able to rebuild in pakistan.
While Obama increased the offensive he lost the momentum and the Taliban was regaining its foothold in Afghanistan when Obama left office.

Instead of picking a president to exalt or condemn based on politics we should look at the generals in this one. That does not deny presidential responsibility but every General and Sec def we've ever had in that country has sent glowing reports each year of how we are making significant progress in that country. Yet we basically ended up gaining and losing the same ground many times over a 20 year period.
I recall one general criticizing Obama and getting fired. The rest were dutifully reporting as ordered. There was no deceiving the president. It was a united front to deceive the public. My question is considering they harbored bin Laden and armed and supplied the Taliban why are we still giving money to Pakistan? We should be cultivating a strong relationship with India and telling Pakistan to get lost. There should be a price to pay for double dealing.

vantexan

I’d guess it’s because Pakistan’s nukes would probably end up in terrorist hands if its government falls.
Worst case scenario their nukes hit India or China. Pretty certain the Pakistanis have a brutal secret police to keep things tamped down. Meanwhile their efforts got a lot of people killed. Also Pakistan has a huge lobbying machine in Washington. I suspect a lot of our aid ends up in campaign coffers here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
418555_92lv6dqu6u1lhl9.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead
President Biden wants to pull America out of a quagmire so he can focus our military on China. Afghanistan was a disaster. You bomb the poppy fields and the farmers join the Taliban. You leave the poppy fields and the Taliban taxes the profits to pay their fighters. You have the farmers plant wheat and the Taliban uses the fertilizer to make explosives. It's a no win situation.
8B006470-9749-466D-A8BA-7A8CB14C4332.jpeg

??????

Box Ox

🤷‍♂️

“White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki deflected criticism on Wednesday over the administration’s widely-criticized actions in Afghanistan when pressed on the matter during a press briefing.

“Following up on these charter flights that the Taliban is holding up in Afghanistan,
the Secretary of State said there are limits to what we can do without personnel on the ground,” Fox News reporter Peter Doocy said. “You just said we are not on the ground.”

“You’re right,” Psaki responded.

“Whose fault is that?” Doocy asked.

“I don’t think this is about fault here,” Psaki claimed.”

oldngray

nowhere special
🤷‍♂️

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki deflected criticism on Wednesday over the administration’s widely-criticized actions in Afghanistan when pressed on the matter during a press briefing.

“Following up on these charter flights that the Taliban is holding up in Afghanistan, the Secretary of State said there are limits to what we can do without personnel on the ground,” Fox News reporter Peter Doocy said. “You just said we are not on the ground.”

“You’re right,” Psaki responded.

“Whose fault is that?” Doocy asked.

“I don’t think this is about fault here,” Psaki claimed.

She couldn't find any way to blame Trump.

Box Ox

She couldn't find any way to blame Trump.

Biden’s polling numbers have probably indicated to the Administration that there’s not enough tards, sycophants or tard sycophants to buy into that line of storytelling for its continued pushing to be worthwhile.

We clearly still see it being attempted here in Current Events.

El Correcto

god is dead
Biden’s polling numbers have probably indicated to the Administration that there’s not enough tards, sycophants or tard sycophants to buy into that line of storytelling for its continued pushing to be worthwhile.

We clearly still see it being attempted here in Current Events.
Well yeah this is tard central. It’s almost like r/politics sewer line leads to here.

El Correcto

god is dead
Wouldn’t blame their people for dropping in. Uniform thought on any online forum where everyone agrees is boring as :censored2:.
I wouldn’t see everyone here voting Republican as boring. There is plenty inner party debate to enjoy that doesn’t include left wing non sense that deserves nothing but ire and mockery.

El Correcto

god is dead
I disagree with plenty of republicans about a variety of issues, but loving america isn’t one of them, wanting to have a successful and functioning country isn’t one of them.

The left is basically a giant terrorist organization bribing people for their votes.

El Correcto

god is dead
Trump is an idiotic sociopath but I wouldn’t have helped vote him out had I known how Biden would exit Afghanistan.

Maybe my vote didn’t matter since the election was apparently stolen anyway?
There is much more to hate the democrat party for than the Afghan exit. That’s just the cherry on top that can’t be ignored or “right wing talking point” awayed. CRT is real and the indoctrination of young Americans in our school is real, I got the Bernie Sander’s Castro literacy rate talking point from my high school government teacher in Texas, I can only imagine how :censored2:ed the blue states are today. Biden supports that. It’s honestly the most evil :censored2: they are doing in my opinion and the most dangerous for the future of this country, the taliban is nothing compared to the marxists within our borders indoctrinating the next generation of Americans.

Box Ox

There is much more to hate the democrat party for than the Afghan exit. That’s just the cherry on top that can’t be ignored or “right wing talking point” awayed. CRT is real and the indoctrination of young Americans in our school is real, I got the Bernie Sander’s Castro literacy rate talking point from my high school government teacher in Texas, I can only imagine how :censored2:ed the blue states are today. Biden supports that. It’s honestly the most evil :censored2: they are doing in my opinion and the most dangerous for the future of this country, the taliban is nothing compared to the marxists within our borders indoctrinating the next generation of Americans.

I agree. I was just highlighting my personal red line. @Netsua 3:16 and I have our disagreements but CRT alone likely wasn’t enough for many moderates and myself to be completely done with Joe Biden. Which is probably why his approval collapse was fairly recent.

There’s absolutely no reasonable argument to be made in defense of Biden regarding our Afghanistan exit. That was disgusting and a complete own-goal.