President Biden

vantexan

Do you mean states like South Dakota and North Dakota whose governors ignored safety directives and whose states now rank 1 and 2 in terms of positive cases per capita with 60 % of South Dakota's residents testing positive with hospitals so over whelmed that they have to fly COVID patients to out of state hospitals.?

Remember what S.D. governor Christi Noem said. "My people are happy because they're free". I wonder how happy her people are who are currently on a ventilator fighting for their lives?
You make it sound absolutely horrible. Horrible I tell ya! When you're looking at cases per 10 thousand remember South Dakota has 900,000 people. Look at states with much smaller land area and many times the population. A lot more total cases. Liars, damn liars, and statisticians.

vantexan

The shameful part is to hide from the public the proven lethality of a disease that has infected 11 million people and taken the lives of 247,000 Americans with no end in sight. Leaving COVID 19 up to the governors is tantamount to Roosevelt leaving Pearl harbor and the Nazi's up to the states to figure out.
Your Dear Leader plainly stated publicly that he takes NO responsibility for the COVID pandemic. Well. two weeks ago the American people showed him what they thought about that.
So the state and local leaders, WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF THEIR AREA'S COVID RESPONSE, bear no responsibility for making light of and ridiculing Trump's early efforts? It was their responsibility to monitor the disease and make preparations.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So the state and local leaders, WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF THEIR AREA'S COVID RESPONSE, bear no responsibility for making light of and ridiculing Trump's early efforts? It was their responsibility to monitor the disease and make preparations.
Actually, the state and local leaders bear all the responsibility.

vantexan

No use trying to explain that to LibTurds ... they seem to be mentally deficient in understanding a serial Federal form of government.
I've come to the conclusion that LibTurds actually are missing some genes that affect the brain's cognitive abilities.
It's really simple. They want a super strong central government that controls every aspect of people's lives. And they want to be part of the group who is controlling everyone else while the rules don't apply to them because as the brilliant people who control everything and everyone else they get special privileges. One of the things that brought down the Soviet leadership was while two and three families were sharing apartments in crappy looking buildings the leadership had very nice digs plus country houses to retreat to. They were so important to the state and thus deserved better after all. It was noticed and resented.

It will be fine

It's really simple. They want a super strong central government that controls every aspect of people's lives. And they want to be part of the group who is controlling everyone else while the rules don't apply to them because as the brilliant people who control everything and everyone else they get special privileges. One of the things that brought down the Soviet leadership was while two and three families were sharing apartments in crappy looking buildings the leadership had very nice digs plus country houses to retreat to. They were so important to the state and thus deserved better after all. It was noticed and resented.
Do you not see the parallels with our current society? Children living at home until they’re 40, ultra rich leadership that live in luxury resorts and hotels, etc. Or was your point that the situation you describe is exactly what we’re all living in?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sounds like Chicago Mayor Lighthead!

1605660419483.png

vantexan

Do you not see the parallels with our current society? Children living at home until they’re 40, ultra rich leadership that live in luxury resorts and hotels, etc. Or was your point that the situation you describe is exactly what we’re all living in?
You tell me, did average citizens have opportunities for various career paths of their choosing? Choose where they wanted to live? Choose to move up to a nicer home because they were making more? Did they go to supermarkets full of choices or did they stand in line for hours because they heard a store got a shipment of cheese in? Did the Soviet Union constantly have to import wheat and other staples because their crops often failed(and not from weather)? And it wasn't family all living together. Families were assigned apartments to share with other families. People learned to get along or there was trouble. If you think there are legitimate parallels between now and the Soviet Union you need to educate yourself. However if certain policies keep being pursued you're going to eventually see parallels. Don't forget to tag this with the creative or smiley icons!

It will be fine

You tell me, did average citizens have opportunities for various career paths of their choosing? Choose where they wanted to live? Choose to move up to a nicer home because they were making more? Did they go to supermarkets full of choices or did they stand in line for hours because they heard a store got a shipment of cheese in? Did the Soviet Union constantly have to import wheat and other staples because their crops often failed(and not from weather)? And it wasn't family all living together. Families were assigned apartments to share with other families. People learned to get along or there was trouble. If you think there are legitimate parallels between now and the Soviet Union you need to educate yourself. However if certain policies keep being pursued you're going to eventually see parallels. Don't forget to tag this with the creative or smiley icons!
The parallels are the wide gaps in wealth inequality. We do have the benefit of possibly overcoming them but that’s not plausible for the majority.

vantexan

The parallels are the wide gaps in wealth inequality. We do have the benefit of possibly overcoming them but that’s not plausible for the majority.
What should be compared is the quality of life of our poor vs the average citizen in the Soviet Union. There was no middle class to speak of in the Soviet Union and the average citizen there was poorer than what we consider poor in the U.S.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Saw this today and it make sense.

Dear Employees:
As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Joe Biden is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.
To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.
But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.
This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.
So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Biden Harris' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go.
I can't think of a more, fair way to approach this problem.
They voted for change......I gave it to them.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company Christmas party.

zimbomb

Saw this today and it make sense.

Dear Employees:
As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Joe Biden is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.
To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.
But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.
This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.
So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Biden Harris' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go.
I can't think of a more, fair way to approach this problem.
They voted for change......I gave it to them.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company Christmas party.
LOL

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

BLM demands that Biden support 'roadmap for prison abolition'

The political activist group Black Lives Matter (BLM) is pressuring the Democratic party to back the BREATH Act, which contains "a roadmap for prison abolition."

The bill, made up of four sections, has a few main goals. Firstly, it calls for de-funding and reallocating police department resources, and the federal legalization of certain drugs. It proposes investing in alternatives to policing for safeguarding communities. The bill calls for higher levels of accountability and scrutiny law enforcement personnel. And finally, BREATH proposes making reparations to the black community in America.

"We want the next Presidential administration to prioritize the passing of this powerful modern day civil rights legislation," Cullors said. "We built the roadmap to take us away from harm and towards health and healing—now, we hope they follow it."

What could go wrong?