President Biden

newfie

18 U.S. Code § 2101 - Riots

It is a crime to incite a riot, or to “aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot.” Violators of this statute may also face up to five years in prison.

18 U.S. Code § 372 - Conspiracy to impede or injure officer

Conspiracy to “prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any person from accepting or holding any office, trust, or place of confidence under the United States.” As the purpose of the pro-Trump insurrection appears to be to prevent President-elect Biden from holding the office of president, this statute could apply to members of that insurrection. Violators of this law face up to six years in prison.

18 U.S. Code § 1361 - Government property or contracts

It is a crime to damage federal property. If the amount of the damage exceeds $1,000, violators face up to 10 years in prison, while lesser damage may result in up to one year in prison. Another statute makes it a crime to rob “personal property belonging to the United States,” and violators of this statute face up to 15 years in prison.

These statutes could potentially be used against members of the pro-Trump mob who damaged parts of the Capitol. In a widely circulated photo, for example, an apparent member of the mob is seen carrying a lectern from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office. If, in fact, this individual stole that lectern, he could be prosecuted for doing so.

18 U.S. Code § 1752 - Restricted building or grounds

It is a crime if someone “enters or remains in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority.” Such grounds may include any restricted area where a person “protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting.” Vice President Mike Pence, who was presiding over the Senate when rioters breached the Capitol, is protected by the Secret Service.

Violators of this statute may face up to 10 years in prison if they carry a firearm or other deadly weapon, or if their crime “results in significant bodily injury.” Otherwise, they face up to one year.

Finally, it is a crime to assault “any person having lawful charge, control, or custody of any ... property of the United States, with intent to rob, steal, or purloin such” property. This statute could potentially be applied to insurrectionists who committed assault as part of an effort to rob the Capitol.

Violators of this statute face up to 10 years in prison — or up to 25 years if they put their victim’s “life in jeopardy by the use of a dangerous weapon.”
where was all this wonderful information when your dems were burning our cities down?

newfie

I didn't like that either. But that wasn't insurrection: An attack on a joint session of Congress and the government of the United States.
dude you didnt care. You only care now because its politically expedient to bash the other side with this. Did you see @over9five's video where the police clearly let protesters into the capital? Is it also politically expedient to avoid addressing that?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Attack! Hurr durr."

"Insurrection! Duhhhhh.... "

"Coup! Nyuck nyuck nyuck."

I feel really bad for the people who have so completely broken from reality and now live entirely in a fantasy world. So sad. :(

Last edited:

Box Ox

where was all this wonderful information when your dems were burning our cities down?
I didn't like that either.
dude you didnt care.

That's incorrect. @The Orange Offender looked through my post history last night and verified what I'd said regarding the idiot hard leftist riots last year.

OA.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
dude you didnt care. You only care now because its politically expedient to bash the other side with this. Did you see @over9five's video where the police clearly let protesters into the capital? Is it also politically expedient to avoid addressing that?

It's politically imperative that they lie about what really happened and pretend that Trump supporters are a threat to the nation, I mean their "genderless humyn deities". If they don't, they'll never get the popular support for their political cleansing they so desperately and clearly want.

newfie

@Box Ox you didnt answer the question about the police letting protesters into the capital?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Then you're not reading very well, however, thanks for playing.

18 U.S. Code § 1752 - Restricted building or grounds

It is a crime if someone “enters or remains in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority.” Such grounds may include any restricted area where a person “protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting.” Vice President Mike Pence, who was presiding over the Senate when rioters breached the Capitol, is protected by the Secret Service.

Violators of this statute may face up to 10 years in prison if they carry a firearm or other deadly weapon, or if their crime “results in significant bodily injury.” Otherwise, they face up to one year.

Finally, it is a crime to assault “any person having lawful charge, control, or custody of any ... property of the United States, with intent to rob, steal, or purloin such” property. This statute could potentially be applied to insurrectionists who committed assault as part of an effort to rob the Capitol.

Violators of this statute face up to 10 years in prison — or up to 25 years if they put their victim’s “life in jeopardy by the use of a dangerous weapon.”
Unlawful entry happens when a person enters the property of another without consent from the owner.Aug 18, 2020 Unlawful Entry Lawyers | LegalMatch

U.S. citizens are the owners of the property.