President Trump

Box Ox

It's better to run deficits when the economy is doing well than to double the national debt when it's doing badly.

I’ve heard the opposite. You up stimulus/deficit spending when it’s needed during bad economic times. You don’t blow your stimulus load with a $1.5 trillion mostly corporate tax cut when the economy is already doing fine.

Revenue has increased but it's time to whittle those deficits.

Indeed. Politicians chose to unnecessarily give that money back to corporations for stock buybacks instead of putting it toward our debt payoff.

Box Ox

If you have to choose between retiring debt and stimulating employment, the smart money says to stimulate employment.

Employment didn’t need stimulating nearly as much in 2017 as the economy did post-2008 market crash. If vast resources are going to be expended on one or the other, I’ll choose the latter every time.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers."

Author unknown, but I love it!

vantexan

Employment didn’t need stimulating nearly as much in 2017 as the economy did post-2008 market crash. If vast resources are going to be expended on one or the other, I’ll choose the latter every time.
And exactly how well did Obama's stimulus package work? Where did all the money go? Revenue is up with the tax cuts. We just have to cut the spending.

vantexan

It should be based on the income. They aren't doing anything "extra" by paying more.
What do you want them to do, give body parts? How many poor people have given you a paycheck? The reason the economy is doing well now is the wealthy have a chance to keep more money by investing. Hit them hard and they go back on the sidelines and the economy stagnates again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some guy was being questioned by one of those gals with the head gear...he answered, "no". She said "I'll take that as a yes."
I wonder if she went to the same college as A.O.C.