President Trump

watdaflock?

Because she would have continued with a stagnant economy.
Since we are only speaking opinions, our economy is only running on a sugar-rush, from tax cuts to the massive increase in deficit spending. Government spending is up 7% since last year, and that is reflected in gross domestic product numbers.
Do you believe we're sustainable with the current deficit? I thought the GOP was about less spending, smaller Government?

vantexan

Since we are only speaking opinions, our economy is only running on a sugar-rush, from tax cuts to the massive increase in deficit spending. Government spending is up 7% since last year, and that is reflected in gross domestic product numbers.
Do you believe we're sustainable with the current deficit? I thought the GOP was about less spending, smaller Government?
We've covered this before. A large contingent of Republicans wanted less spending but Trump wanted more for the military. To get the votes needed to pass his budget he turned to Democrats. After compromising with them on spending they wanted he got enough of them to vote for his budget to get it done. So that's where we're at. But you guys keep talking about a sugar rush. The corporate taxes were cut enough that business and investors are seeing real opportunity and are creating jobs. That's not going away any time soon as much as you want it to. Time will tell but I think those deficits are coming down.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We've covered this before. A large contingent of Republicans wanted less spending but Trump wanted more for the military. To get the votes needed to pass his budget he turned to Democrats. After compromising with them on spending they wanted he got enough of them to vote for his budget to get it done. So that's where we're at. But you guys keep talking about a sugar rush. The corporate taxes were cut enough that business and investors are seeing real opportunity and are creating jobs. That's not going away any time soon as much as you want it to. Time will tell but I think those deficits are coming down.
Trump cut taxes and did not cut spending.

It's just math no matter how you spin it.

The rising Trump deficit is undeniable.
Face facts.

Indecisi0n

My tax rate technically dropped too.

Everyone's finances would look good on the surface if they were borrowing a million dollars every minute.

It's just not sustainable.
Why I have no issues paying more tax's than people who make less I am so sick of these rich rich :censored2:s using all these loop holes to pay less . On top of that incentives are constantly abused by big businesses which everyone knows about but no one wants to touch because it would cost them votes .

Most people make me sick. It's easy to get a :censored2: everyone attitude .

vantexan

My tax rate technically dropped too.

Everyone's finances would look good on the surface if they were borrowing a million dollars every minute.

It's just not sustainable for the country to run these deficits when the economy is doing well.
It's better to run deficits when the economy is doing well than to double the national debt when it's doing badly. Revenue has increased but it's time to whittle those deficits. I wonder which group will scream bloody murder when government spending is cut?

vantexan

Why I have no issues paying more tax's than people who make less I am so sick of these rich rich :censored2:s using all these loop holes to pay less . On top of that incentives are constantly abused by big businesses which everyone knows about but no one wants to touch because it would cost them votes .

Most people make me sick. It's easy to get a :censored2: everyone attitude .
You do realize the top 10% of income earners pay the bulk of income taxes? That the bottom 50% only pay a small portion?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Most people make me sick. It's easy to get a :censored2: everyone attitude

Shhhhhhhhh. It's ok.
dr-evil-crying1.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Trump cut taxes and did not cut spending.

It's just math no matter how you spin it.

The rising Trump deficit is undeniable.
Face facts.
The debt is 21.972 trillion, the deficit is going to be 850 billion this year

2017 it was 650 billion
2018 it was 750 billion

Now how much of that deficit is because of rising interest rates? How much because of social security and Medicare? Not to mention government revenue as been up and so as spending

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The same people who worry about the debt want free college, Medicare or whatever for all, green deal. These programs would blow the national debt and deficit out of the water.