President Trump

LarryBird

Being scarred for life is good. It builds character.

That's what they used to say, and although I don't think they were referring to emotional scars, the point remains.

I will never think that there's anything wrong with a little bit of bullying that doesn't go too far.

We've all been there, and we all turned out fine.

Safe spaces breed snowflakes - getting bullied breeds character, toughness, and perseverance.

Last edited:

vantexan

Funny how you can't read very well.

I am not ignoring you. I clearly read you posts, laugh at them, and then decimate you with logic afterwards - So I'd say that's the exact opposite of taking my ball and going home.

It's more like taking my ball and firing it off the side of your face, brother.

You're not despicable per se, however you are close minded, and you let your religion dictate your feelings on politics, which is retarded. Separate religion and state, homeboy. You'd be a lot better off, and you wouldn't come off like a moralizing :censored2: quite as often.

Homophobia is so passé, my dude, and so is telling a woman what to do with her body in 2019.

Recognizing those two things would be a huge start down the road to becoming a fully evolved human being, and it would help you stop pissing people off so much by grandstanding from atop Mt. Pious...

...'yet he who is without sin cast the first stone', I believe you said in the other thread, correct?
Decimate with logic? :rofl:
Hey, all I do is state my beliefs then watch you go off like Vesuvius. And yes I do believe if given the chance to shut down any views but theirs liberals would absolutely take it. This is a free country, and as such gays are afforded certain protections. But that doesn't mean we have to agree with it and have just as much right to say so as you do to say we're wrong. The PC movement is about shutting down anything but what the Left believes.

LarryBird

Decimate with logic? :rofl:
Hey, all I do is state my beliefs then watch you go off like Vesuvius. And yes I do believe if given the chance to shut down any views but theirs liberals would absolutely take it. This is a free country, and as such gays are afforded certain protections. But that doesn't mean we have to agree with it and have just as much right to say so as you do to say we're wrong. The PC movement is about shutting down anything but what the Left believes.
This is what you perceive being politically correct to mean, while in reality it's about merely respecting all people and cultures, and if not celebrating, then at least recognizing diversity and personal choice.

We are not trying to shut down your views, only asking that when they're potentially hurtful or degrading to others, you keep them to yourself or share them among others who are of a like mind.

For instance, if you'd like to talk about your anti-gay and anti-abortion views or your religion, your church would probably have plenty of people there who share your opinion and won't be offended by it - a public forum that includes atheists, homosexuals, and women who are pro-choice and may even have had an abortion is probably not the best place.

The same way you feel when we ridicule your religion, may be the same way others feel when you shove religion and religious ideals down their throats, or preach about how gays are morally wrong and abortion is murder - but you never stop to consider this, and only take into account your side of it.

You don't even seem to realize that you're reaping what you sow, so to speak - if you weren't saying what you were saying, your religion wouldn't be a problem for others and likely wouldn't be mentioned or ridiculed in any way, because it wouldn't be an issue. When you talk down to other people under the guise of the lord, expect that they're going to fire back under the guise of science and reality, brother.

To spin your words back on you, this is a free country, so religious beliefs are afforded certain protections. But that doesn't mean we have to agree with it, and we have just as much right to say you're wrong, as you do to believe in God and think we're never getting into the heaven that doesn't exist.

See? Decimated with logic, partner.

LarryBird

When was I leeching?
I would think he's referring to your time unemployed and living in a 3rd world country, enjoying the live saving fresh fruits and health improving weather, and whatever other bull:censored2: you were talking a few months back.

I'm guessing he's saying that since you worked for FedEx before that, and thus were clearly not independently wealthy, you needed to have an income stream coming from somewhere. I believe he's suggesting that that income stream came from a social welfare program, since you were not working for it.

I'm not saying he's right or anything, just that that is what his post infers, and you already knew that I hope. If you didn't, there's something wrong with your reading ability or your ability to remember what you told everyone just a little while ago - you were in a foreign land, not working, and concentrating on your health, as you scouted potential retirement locations, just to refresh your memory.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
We are not trying to shut down your views, only asking that when they're potentially hurtful or degrading to others, you keep them to yourself or share them among others who are of a like mind.
Seems to me like you don't listen to yourself very much. All you do is degrade those who don't hold your point of view. Last I checked, we can have differing opinions. It's crap like this why I detest politics. Nothing good comes from varying opinions on the matter. You're right. I am right. Anyone with an opinion is right in their own mind. I don't like getting in pissing contests. But I do value others opinions. Be thankful we live in a country where we can have them. We have the right to disagree on certain matters.

LarryBird

Seems to me like you don't listen to yourself very much. All you do is degrade those who don't hold your point of view. Last I checked, we can have differing opinions. It's crap like this why I detest politics. Nothing good comes from varying opinions on the matter. You're right. I am right. Anyone with an opinion is right in their own mind. I don't like getting in pissing contests. But I do value others opinions. Be thankful we live in a country where we can have them. We have the right to disagree on certain matters.
Reread my post until you comprehend it - take as many cracks at it as is necessary.

I do not degrade others who don't share my views. I degrade those posts that display hypocrisy, such as a poster who espouses morality and talks about their deeply held religious beliefs in one sentence, and then ignores Trump's lack of morality and "interesting" relationship with the truth in the next.

I will fire back at posters who use their religion to condescend to those who don't believe in god, or choose to keep their religion separate from their politics or who get offended by people talking about their god, when those same posters don't recognize that some people are offended by religion or it's inclusion in the political process of our country. The founding father's chose to emphasize a separation of church and state for a reason, and the same people here who talk about their wisdom on everything else, choose to ignore this because it's not in lockstep with how they feel. Once again, that's hypocrisy, and I've been very clear that this is something I don't abide.

Try to leave you religion out of political discussions, don't post bible passages in threads about Trump, and see how many people just start in on mocking your religious beliefs - I would guess the number would be extremely low, like probably zero. If you keep your religion at the forefront of the political debate and offend people by trying to force your morality upon them, expect that they will lash out at you for it.

Peace, friend. Have a blessed day.

vantexan

This is what you perceive being politically correct to mean, while in reality it's about merely respecting all people and cultures, and if not celebrating, then at least recognizing diversity and personal choice.

For instance, if you'd like to talk about your anti-gay and anti-abortion views or your religion, your church would probably have plenty of people there who share your opinion and won't be offended by it - a public forum that includes atheists, homosexuals, and women who are pro-choice and may even have had an abortion is probably not the best place.

The same way you feel when we ridicule your religion, may be the same way others feel when you shove religion and religious ideals down their throats, or preach about how gays are morally wrong and abortion is murder - but you never stop to consider this, and only take into account your side of it.

You don't even seem to realize that you're reaping what you sow, so to speak - if you weren't saying what you were saying, your religion wouldn't be a problem for others and likely wouldn't be mentioned or ridiculed in any way, because it wouldn't be an issue. When you talk down to other people under the guise of the lord, expect that they're going to fire back under the guise of science and reality, brother.

To spin your words back on you, this is a free country, so religious beliefs are afforded certain protections. But that doesn't mean we have to agree with it, and we have just as much right to say you're wrong, as you do to believe in God and think we're never getting into the heaven that doesn't exist.

See? Decimated with logic, partner.
You say you are for free speech and yet you say keep your views to yourself. I've seen Christian bashing here plenty of times and even now you can't resist making snide remarks about a heaven that doesn't exist, etc. As long as people are going to promote their views I'm going to do the same. That way ALL viewpoints are heard, not just what you deem acceptable.

vantexan

Reread my post until you comprehend it - take as many cracks at it as is necessary.

I do not degrade others who don't share my views. I degrade those posts that display hypocrisy, such as a poster who espouses morality and talks about their deeply held religious beliefs in one sentence, and then ignores Trump's lack of morality and "interesting" relationship with the truth in the next.

I will fire back at posters who use their religion to condescend to those who don't believe in god, or choose to keep their religion separate from their politics or who get offended by people talking about their god, when those same posters don't recognize that some people are offended by religion or it's inclusion in the political process of our country. The founding father's chose to emphasize a separation of church and state for a reason, and the same people here who talk about their wisdom on everything else, choose to ignore this because it's not in lockstep with how they feel. Once again, that's hypocrisy, and I've been very clear that this is something I don't abide.

Try to leave you religion out of political discussions, don't post bible passages in threads about Trump, and see how many people just start in on mocking your religious beliefs - I would guess the number would be extremely low, like probably zero. If you keep your religion at the forefront of the political debate and offend people by trying to force your morality upon them, expect that they will lash out at you for it.

Trump isn't perfect, neither are we. We'd never elect anyone if perfection is the litmus test. People who think just about anything is acceptable but suddenly talk about morals if it gives them an opening to attack someone have a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity. It's about forgiveness and moving forward, not bludgeoning someone for past mistakes.

vantexan

I would think he's referring to your time unemployed and living in a 3rd world country, enjoying the live saving fresh fruits and health improving weather, and whatever other bull:censored2: you were talking a few months back.

I'm guessing he's saying that since you worked for FedEx before that, and thus were clearly not independently wealthy, you needed to have an income stream coming from somewhere. I believe he's suggesting that that income stream came from a social welfare program, since you were not working for it.

I'm not saying he's right or anything, just that that is what his post infers, and you already knew that I hope. If you didn't, there's something wrong with your reading ability or your ability to remember what you told everyone just a little while ago - you were in a foreign land, not working, and concentrating on your health, as you scouted potential retirement locations, just to refresh your memory.
This isn't difficult. I was in very cheap countries where my pension went twice as far and allowed me to get by comfortably while paying off bills at home. I lost a lot of weight while there which definitely improved my health. At no time have I lived on a government program. And I read and comprehend just fine. Does he? I've repeatedly told him this while he repeatedly says I'm living off Social Security. I'm 57.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You say you are for free speech and yet you say keep your views to yourself. I've seen Christian bashing here plenty of times and even now you can't resist making snide remarks about a heaven that doesn't exist, etc. As long as people are going to promote their views I'm going to do the same. That way ALL viewpoints are heard, not just what you deem acceptable.
Some people, usually retired basketball stars, fall into the category of the Willfully Ignorant. They reject/deny facts, especially regarding abortion, because in their mind it is religion based, therefore of no consequence. Debate, for them, is a supercilious endeavor.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Especially when those opinions don't matter.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master

But if that’s one one believes then you should be tolerant of that. So you can’t tolerate religion. Not a problem with me. I won’t be the one to name call and swear at you. Kill ‘em with kindness and love. You know that works more often than not. When it doesn’t then those people are dropped like a bad habit. May sound like an old fashioned cliche but I am an old fashioned kinda guy. Less than 50 years old but pine for the old days. People were more mature and treated others with respect.

It will be fine

But if that’s one one believes then you should be tolerant of that. So you can’t tolerate religion. Not a problem with me. I won’t be the one to name call and swear at you. Kill ‘em with kindness and love. You know that works more often than not. When it doesn’t then those people are dropped like a bad habit. May sound like an old fashioned cliche but I am an old fashioned kinda guy. Less than 50 years old but pine for the old days. People were more mature and treated others with respect.
Those old days only exist in fantasy, you might as well pine for the world of Star Wars.